How Much Is a Driver Worth?

This is simple, with 30m € per year, 2,5m€ per month, Alonso is capable of buying 10, 15 houses per month while for us A house is the investment of a lifetime.

Of course he risks his life (sort of) and has no social life but common isn't being a F1 driver a dream for almost every 10 year old kid??

I'll keep saying those numbers are enourmous,

Just think what you can buy with 2.500.000€ per month?? Would you look at the zeros in that??

I don't disagree borges - the amounts are incredible. But he happens to be in a position to earn that much - that's just they way things work, I don't begrudge anyone money they have earned legitimately. I say good on them.

In a way F1 wages haven't changed that much for many, many years - Mansell was earning £20m while driving for Ferrari, while Alonso's wages are £24m - take inflation into account and wages have decreased :D

Supply and Demand. That's how our current world functions. If you are really good you get paid very well also. I must still meet the first person that says "no i dont want to earn 2,500,000 a year, please give me 30,000" :)

Of course i would accept it... No one's that stupid. It's money. A top salary wouldn't do any harm on F1... But then again no one really knows how much money is involved on F1.

Latest News

To join the OverTake Racing Club races I want them to be: (multiple choice)

• Free to access

Votes: 45 86.5%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 7 13.5%
  • Better structured racing club forum

Votes: 8 15.4%
  • More use of default game content

Votes: 4 7.7%
  • More use of fixed setups

Votes: 15 28.8%
  • No 3rd party registration pages

Votes: 17 32.7%