F1 2010 How to adjust the FOV

F1 2010 The Game (Codemasters)
*Make a copy of all original files*

First - Download Binary xml converter from here: Binary xml converter.zip
Binaryconverter.jpg

Second - Copy Binary xml files into the cars folder you want to edit. I'm going to use fe0, which is Ferrari.
Second.jpg

Third - Open Command Prompt (by typing cmd from Start menu then search) and have it read to the path of the cars folder that cameras is located in. In this case that is:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\f1 2010\cars\fe0

At Command Prompt. Copy the file path and then in command prompt right-click and press paste. Don't forget to put (cd) before the path.

C:\Users\Chad(This will be your computer name)>cd C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\f1 2010\cars\fe0

Third.jpg

(Then press enter)

It should look like this:

Third-1.jpg

Fourth - Now to convert to a readable file.

Copy this: binXML.exe --textxml=cameras.txt.xml cameras.xml

Right click at the cmd screen and select paste.

Fourth.jpg

Press Enter and you should see a cameras.txt file in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\f1 2010\cars\fe0

Cameras.jpg

Leave cmd open, you will need it later.

Right click cameras.txt and open in Notepad or Word.

To edit the cockpit view press F3 for search.

In search box type head-cam and press enter.

It will be the first line. It should read:

<View type="Head" ident="head-cam" reverseCamera="head-cam_reverse" hidden="false" spectator="false" renderParticlesBeforeGrass="false" transitionType="switch" transitionSpeed="0.0000" transitionStrength="0.0000">

Now move down two line and you will see: <Parameter name="fov" type="scalar" value="25.0000" />

Bolded number will be different for you. I have already edited mine. To change your FOV just edit the bolded line. I like 25.0000 better.

When done, File > Save.

Fifth - Convert back to Binary.

Go into cmd again so it reads: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\f1 2010\cars\fe0

Like it did before.

Copy and paste this to cmd

binXML.exe --binxml=cameras.xml cameras.txt.xml

Press enter and you are done.

Here is what 30.0000 looks like.

F1_2010_game2010-09-2317-29-20-99.jpg

Here is gameplay with 25.0000.

Here was default FOV, big difference.

I get the following error when trying to convert back from txt to xml:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\f1 2011\cars\wi1>binXML.exe --binxml=cameras.xml cameras.txt.xml
Error reading Attributes.

Read error

Also changed the command line to export as .txt - not .txt.xml, but still receive the same error.

Any ideas? Would love to get this working.

Windows 7 64bit, btw

Should also add this is F1 2011, is it still compatible?

No, I meant download notepad++ from here: http://notepad-plus-plus.org/

Then use it to edit & save you .txt.xml , then convert back to crypted xml as usual, with the command line you posted in your last post.

Notepad++ is just an advanced open source notepad. It understands many programming languages like xml and adds colors and also organizes the display of the code automatically. You'll see it is a very good program, I use it all the time for javascripting or xml editing :)

In the format menu at the top you'll see it can encode in many formats like ANSI, UTF-8, UCS-2. This is what I was referring to in my first post. Maybe the tool you used to edit & save your .txt.xml didn't save in the right format and could be what caused the error you had.

I used to be able to convert and edit these xml files but lately i cant. Tried the binxml but i keep running into problems on the command prompt because it wont recognize Program Files(x86)\ because of the spaces. I tried the Ryder tool but it always fails to convernt. Just got back to my eyefinity setup and the game is unplayable with the defaults and none of the map packs fit with my cockpit setup. Any ideas? Also tried ego cam editor but it wont work either.

I used to be able to convert and edit these xml files but lately i cant. Tried the binxml but i keep running into problems on the command prompt because it wont recognize Program Files(x86)\ because of the spaces. I tried the Ryder tool but it always fails to convernt. Just got back to my eyefinity setup and the game is unplayable with the defaults and none of the map packs fit with my cockpit setup. Any ideas? Also tried ego cam editor but it wont work either.

Are you running the converter as administrator? IIRC I would get an error unless I unpacked the zip onto my desktop and right-clicked to run the converter as admin.

Finally got fergo working it was having some registry issues i had to manually copy/paste them in and use the cmd prompt to fix it. I'm in the process of tweaking here and there but i cant seem to find a good reference. I run 5760x1080 and the default cockpit and t-cam place the car in the center 1/3rd of my center monitor. I used to have it so i was low in the pit almost up on the wheel so the mirrors were in my peripherals but i cant find those magic numbers. Ultimate goal is to put the camera literally inside the nose so it clips out everything but the wheels/suspension.

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 475 70.1%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 288 42.5%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 312 46.0%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 139 20.5%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 182 26.8%
Back