PC2 How to get T300rs to feel anything like a decent sim

Robert Jennings

revrob
Premium
I have tried every setting i can find and pcars2 still feels rubbish, floaty and inconsistent. Some settings make the wheel heavy and rumbly, some make it floppy and light. I feel like giving up. how can it be so different to AMS2 which i find brilliant - when its based on the same thing.

Can anyone suggest a basic setup that will make the cars feel safe and progressive?

Christaan's update and the subsequent custom FFBs based on it are an improvement but the game still has its fundamental issues. With AMS2 what Reiza did was bring their FFB across from AMS1, yes they had to integrate it with the physics of PC2 but it is a very different thing. I never got PC2 feeling genuinely good, I got it usable so I could drive reasonably OK and catch slides but I never got good turn in feel.

Christiaan’s pure FFB files have also been my PCars2 saviour. PCars2 offers a lot of content but not all content has the same potential, this is true of all SIM, but in PC2 the gap is bigger than most.
@Robert Jennings if after installing Christiaan’s file you cannot find a few combo to enjoy in PC2, then, probably, PC2 is not for you, move on, there is a lot of other fish in the sea.

Now that I have VR I need to get PCars 2 going again. I also have T300 RS. I have tried Jack Spade and Christian's. I like C's better. One tip I recently read was to turn gain down to 40 or 50...then turn volume up till it feels right. I haven't tried it yet though.

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 512 68.6%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 315 42.2%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 337 45.2%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 165 22.1%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 200 26.8%
Back