How to improve the TS-PC wheel optic

After getting my new TS-PC last week, my original plan was to sell the rim, and use it with the F1 rim and 599Evo rims I had already. Then I realized that the TS-PC rim has the same button layout as the 599Evo. Which means that I can change wheels without having to mess around with different profiles and stuff. So it would make more sense to keep the TS-PC and sell the F1 rim.
So far, so good. The only snag was, the TS-PC looks so tacky the way it comes in the box ( to me anyway ). A bit like a Fisher-Price toy that you can buy at Toys R Us :D
So I got to thinking....And discovered that the coloured surrounds to the buttons are just metal foil stickers. So I removed them carefully with a razor blade, and then removed the glue residue with naptha.
And then I thought: the metal cover with Thrustmaster on it looks pretty stupid, I could turn it round so the logo was covered. And then I thought: hey, it looks better when you leave it off, just put the screws back to fill the holes up. Like Colin Chapman said " add lightness " Result! I'm very pleased with how it looks now, it looks similar to the Fanatec CS Formula rim, which can't be a bad thing. And the hole at the top would be ideal for a digital RPM display....I'm still working on that one :thumbsup:
DSCN1249.JPG

Last edited:

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 478 70.0%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 290 42.5%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 316 46.3%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 142 20.8%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 185 27.1%
Back