PC2 howling whistle while driving

Hello everyone,
I have an unusual question for you, maybe someone can help me.
You have already noticed that there are a lot of vehicles that produce a shrill whistle when driving alongside the engine noise. This shrill tone gets faster and faster and louder. This tone is certainly a realistic side effect with many models, but it annoys me immensely in the ear.
This effect is not only found in Project Cars 1 and 2, but also in all other simulations. Does anyone have any idea how you can somehow switch off or suppress this high-frequency whistle. Maybe an external little tool that you can use? I would be very grateful for any tip.

best regards

Not all cars have turbos, LOL! And turbo whistle changes with engine speed, not road speed.

I think it's really transmission whine that is the object of annoyance. Transmission whine is a result of straight-cut gears in racing transmissions. Straight-cut gears transmit more power than helical-cut gears, but the side-effect is a very loud whining noise that changes with road speed. That's why passenger vehicles use helical-cut gears.

I think it's really transmission whine that is the object of annoyance. Transmission whine is a result of straight-cut gears in racing transmissions. Straight-cut gears transmit more power than helical-cut gears, but the side-effect is a very loud whining noise that changes with road speed. That's why passenger vehicles use helical-cut gears.
Yes, that could also be what he means, I didn't think about that. He said that it doesn't affect all cars, though.

Hi there,
Thank you for your answers . I have already tried many things, unfortunately without success. The high frequencies can only be reduced with my equalizer (Soundblaster Audigy FX). I'm still looking for an additional tool. And yes, it is mostly the turbo noise but also the transmission. And how do you think about it? Don't you find that annoying (although they are realistic tones)?

Well, I don't think there's a way to reduce turbo whine, since it's an engine thing, but just reduce car volume, I think it's the best you can do. Weeeellll, it is a bit annoying, but at the same time, it's more realistic.

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 500 68.4%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 308 42.1%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 332 45.4%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 161 22.0%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 196 26.8%
Back