AC IMSA/WEC Multiclass @ Watkins Glen - Sat 31Mar18

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Apologies to Bobby and guy in Blue BMW for causing crash 1st or 2nd lap.
Didn't realise race wasn't going to start until 1/2 9 in the evening in UK. I get tired too early and couldn't last until after 10pm.
Sorry.
Hope you all had a good race
That's no problem at all Ken. These races can get tiring. My left knee started hurting halfway through so I understand not being able to continue and I know my situation is incomparable.

I'll talk to the staff about perhaps adjusting the race length or format as we don't want to lose gentlemen like yourself :)
please stop sandbagging because we all know what you're capable of "Ken"
11352.jpg

I also got caught up in a GT incident between turns 1 and 2 on the first lap, not sure who else was in it since my replays aren't working (been having lots of AC and VR issues recently). Was a real bummer at first, but effectively starting from second to last made for a really good time. That was a really nice three-way battle for a few laps, @Enzo Fazzi and @Jenda2cz, and it was nice carrying that fight through the race Enzo. I'm just useless on worn tires, which is why I couldn't really do anything at the end.
Had a really great time, and sorry for any confusion with the LMPs going by, as usual.

I got stuck in 5th on the start and things just went worse from there.

Some heat of the moment passing that could have been more conservative. Sometimes you have just a moment to make the call and it turns out to be the wrong call.

Apologies all round for that.

Fun but frustrating race. 5th, pfff

Finally a completely incident free race for me in the LMP's, I was trying to be quick through traffic but most of all SAFE, which worked out quite well:D The combo was just pure awesomeness, so thanks @Bobby Pennington and @Celtic Pharaoh for that:inlove: I just wish we could do these more often, for me these events are the best kind of racing.

Finally a completely incident free race for me in the LMP's, I was trying to be quick through traffic but most of all SAFE, which worked out quite well:D The combo was just pure awesomeness, so thanks @Bobby Pennington and @Celtic Pharaoh for that:inlove: I just wish we could do these more often, for me these events are the best kind of racing.
Very happy to see that you've gotten a good quality win under your belt:) Nice to see you maturing and using more patience and it paid off in a big way. I wish we could run more of these, but we want to keep them as fresh as we can. Who knows, maybe we can cook something up in the future. Thanks for thanks, but it's @Celtic Pharaoh who really stepped up last week and put this together:thumbsup: Of course, he's no Overlord, but he's working on it:D I'm hearing whispers of a coup so if I go missing, you guys know who's responsible:cool:

I also realy would like to see more wec races, now that I have understood how to go through the traffic. The Porsche 919 2016 is a beast. First I thought we would go with the 2015 version without Toyota and Audi. In this case I would have missed my Toyota. The 2016 Porsche is so much fun to drive, that we could do 2016 LMP1 more often :)

And I realy like to be completely destroyed after this type of racing. Having nearly no time to rest on any point of the track and managing the energy is a huge task and it feels good to bring the car successfull over the finish line :) And I also want to challenge Joel next time xD

I have a question; where can you see the battery power remaining in the Porsche? First time I’ve driven it and I have to say I struggled with all the mgu-k gubbins. Also ran with max downforce in the race and was destroyed by almost everyone in a straight line! Made too many mistakes so tried to learn as much as I could until I was just a hazard out there.

I have a question; where can you see the battery power remaining in the Porsche? First time I’ve driven it and I have to say I struggled with all the mgu-k gubbins. Also ran with max downforce in the race and was destroyed by almost everyone in a straight line! Made too many mistakes so tried to learn as much as I could until I was just a hazard out there.

maxresdefault.jpg

If you look at the steering wheel, the display has a bar on the left (blue) and right (yellow) of the border. blue is battery, yellow is boost left for the lap :)

the same blue and yellow bar is visible on the gear/kph app, with the addition of being able to see how much boost is being used at the current moment so you can get a feel for the way the different profiles apply the boost during a lap

And Sidekick has the blue bar at bottom which also shows the batterys state of charge and the red line shows the remaining lap quota.

And if you don't want to use a modded app for whatever reason, the default Gear app has bars that function similarly to the ones on the steering wheel.

Perfect, my hacked version of AC works like a charm... :ninja:

Now, seriously, I fell sorry for that. I've tried to found that incident on my replay, but I can't find anything like that. Next time I've got such troubles, I will pit sooner. Sorry.:redface:

Nice one @JoelK , you've got it. Well deserved! ;)

Sorry I just saw this Ted. We do not post any lap times or race results in the race threads. Sometimes you can see us go through and congratulate the winner or podium:)

I have to admit that I was also trying to get a feel for how fast you guys are. I guess I'm just gonna have to register for a race and find out.;)

T

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 481 69.8%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 292 42.4%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 318 46.2%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 145 21.0%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 188 27.3%
Back