IndyCar: Grand Prix of Road America Discussion Thread

it seem i open up a can of worms, the comment about indy cars wasn`t a isullt to the sport,we all have different taste in racing,i like gt cars and f1.i use to watch indy cars in the 90`s yes that old ,when it was cart,the reason i dont like it anymore ,its more oval racing,which i dont like with cart was road race,so i was a fan, i can hear the nascar fan linning up at my door,so far i got 6 disagree,thats fine i`m gussing there more to come lol, if you disgree with me or agree,that perfectly fine with me,so if i offended indy cars fans sorry,but still love the track

it seem i open up a can of worms, the comment about indy cars wasn`t a isullt to the sport,we all have different taste in racing,i like gt cars and f1.i use to watch indy cars in the 90`s yes that old ,when it was cart,the reason i dont like it anymore ,its more oval racing,which i dont like with cart was road race,so i was a fan, i can hear the nascar fan linning up at my door,so far i got 6 disagree,thats fine i`m gussing there more to come lol, if you disgree with me or agree,that perfectly fine with me,so if i offended indy cars fans sorry,but still love the track
Uhhh There are 5 ovals out of a 17 race schedule. Sooooo that argument is not really valid...

And CART say in 1999 had 9 ovals out of a 20 race schedule.

Hate to offer a spoiler, but have to say Rossi was in another league today. Great race for the next 9 places, though. Everyone making that tough decision late for tyres and everyone guessing wrong.

Okay then, is there a Website to watch a replay?

As far as I know there's no legal way to watch it not live this season, unfortunately. Last year they posted the full races to their Youtube channel a week after the race; new TV deal this season doesn't allow it.

Just finished watching the race myself; some great, great action in the top 10. Rossi put on a clinic; I'm really having a hard time not liking the guy because he's clearly one hell of a talent (still salty from that St. Pete issue with Wickens last season :p). Amazing comeback once again by Dixon; another one of those championship drives he always seems to pull out of nowhere. Shame that move Hinch put on Herta didn't stick for 5th place, really want to see a big result from him again soon.

Really, really enjoying this series now with the new aero kit. It's been fantastic.

As far as I know there's no legal way to watch it not live this season, unfortunately. Last year they posted the full races to their Youtube channel a week after the race; new TV deal this season doesn't allow it.

Just finished watching the race myself; some great, great action in the top 10. Rossi put on a clinic; I'm really having a hard time not liking the guy because he's clearly one hell of a talent (still salty from that St. Pete issue with Wickens last season :p). Amazing comeback once again by Dixon; another one of those championship drives he always seems to pull out of nowhere. Shame that move Hinch put on Herta didn't stick for 5th place, really want to see a big result from him again soon.

Really, really enjoying this series now with the new aero kit. It's been fantastic.

They put up extended highlights of each race, usually 30 minutes long for each race, but yeah, no more full races online anymore.

DAZN is streaming it live/having a replay of it - at least here in Germany. Not sure about other countries... :unsure:

It’s a shame: a series with good, close racing is behind a paywall in Europe (at least here in GER) and a series with de facto no racing action where you know the result before the race is broadcasted for free.

It’s a shame: a series with good, close racing is behind a paywall in Europe (at least here in GER) and a series with de facto no racing action where you know the result before the race is broadcasted for free.

It's behind a defacto paywall in Canada, too, since it's on a channel on a top tier cable package that no one has or wants and you have to pay out the arse for.

Well, I can say Road America lives up to the hype. You feel like you're in a state park, every once in a while the trees break and suddenly there's race cars on a race track. Every viewing spot, and there are many, offer a very unique and awesome view, when you're down at the carousel it feels like a totally different world than up around the paddock and last set of turns. The food is fantastic, brats, fried cheese curds, sweet corn on the cob, an Egger sandwich for breakfast (brat, fried egg, cheese, bun). The 5 hour drive kinda sucked, but I can't wait to go back.

Here's some pics I took, some from my phone and some from my Nikon D5. Link to my Drive with more pics, all full-size. https://drive.google.com/open?id=1jzc8Q2la5p1-rgb5R_5IHFC0WQoLVfPI

1image0.jpg
2IMG_0508.jpg
3aimage1-1.jpg
3image1.jpg
ICSDSC4137.jpg
ICSDSC4155.jpg
ICSDSC4195.jpg
ICSDSC4258.jpg
ICSDSC4405.jpg
ICSDSC4647.jpg
ICSDSC4681.jpg
MX5DSC3909.jpg
MX5DSC4082.jpg
MX5DSC4111.jpg
MX5DSC4118.jpg

Loved this race!

At first glance, you see the winner won by almost 30 seconds and you think it must have been as boring as an F1 race. When in fact it was one of the most exciting races so far this season (IMO). First time someone has won an IndyCar race by that margin in about a decade.

Latest News

What does easier access mean to you?

• Free access

Votes: 41 70.7%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 16 27.6%
  • Better structured forum

Votes: 14 24.1%
  • Standard game content

• No 3pa registration pages