Welcome to the RaceDepartment Community. Use this thread to introduce yourself and receive a warm welcome in return :inlove:

Frequently Asked Questions
Q: I don't have permission to download mods from RaceDepartment?
A: Downloading mods on RD is free but requires an membership account. Have you registered an account and are you logged in?

Q: I still don't have permission to download mods from RaceDepartment?
A: Make sure after your register your account you confirm this account first via the email we send after you sign-up. Can't find this confirmation email? Check your spambox if needed as we always send an email. Double check if you have spelled your emailaddress correctly or search in your inbox for "info@racedepartment.com".

Q: How do I race with you guys on RaceDepartment.com?
A: We offer top quality online races for our premium members. You can upgrade your account here: https://www.racedepartment.com/account/upgrades

Follow RaceDepartment on Social Media
Thanks community for your continuous support, you're awesome

Hi all,

My name is Darran, 28 from Southern UK.

WIth Assetto Corsa getting a generous discount in the steam sale I thought i'd dust off my old G25 and get back into some sim racing! I used to play Race 07 and rfactor online a bit back in the day so hoping to get back into the swing of things with this game, very impressed so far!

Fairly busy but hope to see some of you on track soon when time allows!

Darran

Hi guys,

I had been following this forum for quite a while before I signed up to join and race. My name is (as you can tell from my username) Tom, 21 years old and living in Belgium.

I used to play iRacing but I cut that off once iRacing went on pre-sale because iRacing just takes a huge heap out of my student budget :p. I race with a Fanatec GT3RS v2 and fanatec clubsport pedals v1's. So as you can guess I'm all AC now and it doesn't look to me like that will change in the forseeable future. I hope I'll have some good races on here with you guys!

See you on the tarmac,

Tom

Hai! I'm new to here and new to simracing. I've played various arcade racers over the years and a little simcade like Gran Turismo, but never played an actual sim until I bought AC a couple days ago.

So I am obviously absolutely terrible, but enjoying it. As long as you look good failing, everything is okay in my book. :p

Welcome to all I have missed here. ;)
auto-0232.gif

Hey guys,

I've been around the forums for about 7 months or so now, but never really used the forums much until the last 2-3 weeks or so, so I thought I would introduce myself formally :)

So as you can probably tell, my name is Dan from Bristol, UK and I enjoy racing and racing sims. Sims I play are Assetto Corsa and occasionally Game Stock Car 2013.

I have also passed my race test and have earned a National B license, so hopefully I can race in reality soon!

Anything else you wanna know, just ask :)

Dan

Hi,

I'm new here. Thank you for posting such great material and helping foster this community.
I use the Assetto Corsa items; however, in the future I would like to get into Project Cars and Grid AutoSport.

From Colombia, South America; reside in United States; avid car, air plane, and technology enthusiast; mechanical engineer.

Hope to race with some of y'all soon.

-Jaime

Hello Everyone,

First of all a big thank you to RD and the staff for the excellent website and fostering such a great community.

Have been visiting this site for nearly a year before I decided to go premium.

I am from India, currently on assignment in Europe :)

Own assetto corsa, DTM-E 2013, rFactor 1, GSCE (bought from RD :D), F12012, 2013 and all the old simbin titles (hoping to own rFactor 2 as soon as Bram announces the discount)

Hardware - Had a Logitech DFGT which died so got a nice new shiny G27 :D

Best regards,
Melroy

Hey Gang,

I've joined looking for a Motorsport community. I love that racedepartement.com is that and more. Looking forward to getting to know you all.

I have a family of 4 (Wife, 2 boys & me) and have fallen into the love of motorsport once I purchased a 2nd car for commenting to work (2002 Porsche Boxster). After getting the car, I was convinced to take it to a track day to learn how it should be driven and after my first High Performance Drivers Ed, I was hooked. While looking for other ways to get seat time I found Skip Barber and their site had a link to iRacing.com. I love iRacing as it has helped me so much that I now have built a Spec Boxster and a Racing license for PCA Club Racing. I've started to look at what is outside of iRacing and have copies of rFactor2, Project Cars, Assetto Corsa and have added a SimVibe, SimXperience (Stage1 & G4Seat) , Oculus Rift Dev1 (Dev2 on the way). I love Motec Data and figuring out Setups, Real Life and Sim.

I guess what I'm trying to say is over the last 2 years I've found a passion that use to only be my Job and thankful that I did. The Family comes to the track and stresses out right next to me and allows me to Practice in my Sim Chassis.

Looking for ward to reading through all the content that is here and making some new friends along the way.

Of course I am not jealous at all that you can drive and race a Porsche in real life. [/pinnoccio]

Great to hear that you have been caught by the simracing virus as well and nice of you to join and support our little community :thumbsup:

Welcome aboard!

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 462 70.0%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 282 42.7%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 305 46.2%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 135 20.5%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 179 27.1%
Back