iRacing's Upcoming Releases

Yoeri Gijsen

Premium
Let's keep a little thread going about what iRacing has in store for us in the (near) future. Some things have been announced, some targets have been rumoured and who knows what you have picked up in the darkest recesses of the net...

Below I will put up some things I find or found. Please post any news, rumours or hints below so one of the moderators can update this thread.

Cars
  • McLaren MP4-12C GT3 - Next up, but time unspecified
  • Lotus 49 - Next up, but time unspecified
  • RUF Rt12R - October 2012
  • Honda Civic BTCC - May/July 2013
  • Honda HSV-010 - May/July 2013
  • NASCAR Sprint Cup 2013 models - TBA
Tracks
  • Auto Club Speedway - To be scanned (confirmed!)
  • Circuit de Gilles Villeneuve - To be scanned (confirmed!)
  • Hongaroring - Plans
  • Kansas Speedway - To be scanned (confirmed!)
  • Lukas Oil Raceway - In production
  • Rockingham Speedway - October 2012
  • Interlagos - To be scanned (confirmed!)
  • Miller Motorsports Park - To be scanned
  • New Jersey Motorsports Park - To be scanned
  • Long Beach - 2013
  • Oran Park Raceway - October 2012
  • Tsukuba Circuit - In production
  • Willow Springs - Scanned but on hold
Features
  • Crew chief & spotter functionality - February 2013 at the earliest, but probably later
  • Driver swaps - February 2013 at the earliest, but probably later
  • DirectX 11 and x64 support - Long term project
  • Dirt and oil build up on windscreen - Side project
  • Enhanced sounds (DirectSound > XAudio2) - Groundwork in next build; the rest later
  • Exhaust fire - Side project
  • Teams - February 2013 at the earliest, but probably later
  • Time transition - Long term and after DirectX 11
Your turn!

Interlagos :)

7973828608_355e5807b4_o.jpg

Look at the banking, crazy!

Look at the banking, crazy!
I can't comment on anything outside the UK, but I think iRacing has some of the most accurate track gradients and dynamics in sim racing. Paddock Hill at Brands Hatch was brilliantly realised (although the back section through Surtees to Clearways still feels 'stretched' imo.) Oulten Park is very accurate though:thumbsup:

I can't comment on anything outside the UK, but I think iRacing has some of the most accurate track gradients and dynamics in sim racing. Paddock Hill at Brands Hatch was brilliantly realised (although the back section through Surtees to Clearways still feels 'stretched' imo.) Oulten Park is very accurate though:thumbsup:

If it feels stretched in iRacing, it will be stretched in real life too. Laser scanning makes it accurate to the cm ;-)

If it feels stretched in iRacing, it will be stretched in real life too. Laser scanning makes it accurate to the cm ;-)

Agreed, maybe 'stretched' is the wrong choice of word, 'forgiving' maybe better. I've raced on the Indy circuit a number of times, including Mk1 and Mk3 MX5 Ma5da championship in the UK. In iRacing (MX5 Roadster) I always have time to downshift 4th to 3rd after swinging right before Clearways whereas I've tried in a Mk3 a few times (in reality) and always ended up going backwards towards to medical centre. The circuit is very bumpy and the car quite unsettled on this stretch which I don't feel iRacing reflects. i still use it as a training aid when I know I have a meeting there and, as I said, it is in 99% of areas, very accurate (to within 0.5 secs for me.)
Anyhow, apologies for diverting the thread, still the most accurate sim going imo.

Have you tried downshifting before you turn right?
Mind you i´ve only played the game but i downshift after the esse, before the slightly uphill then downhill right hander. (indy)

And also, with good fresh tires on Indy, do you take the high speed esse flat?
Is it easy flat or do you have to concentrate and hit that perfect line through there?

Hi Hampus. In iRacing I can/do downshift after the Surtees/McClaren esses. In reality the bumpiness combined with the unsettling car means brake hard and downshifting in a straight line before McClaren and the then taking a constant arc and balanced throttle through to the apexes of Clearways. That's the way I was taught anyway and it does work (for me.) I have tried my iRacing approach in reality and ended up going off. But, yes you do swing into the first left (Surtees) with foot pinned down in 4th, and then make yourself a straight line for braking and changing down, takes lot of concentration and is demanding physically. But that's why I love Brands Indy, every corner is technically demanding but once you start to string them together the rhythm is hypotic:D

Apologies for my rubbish diagrams, not much of an artist. Red lines are braking/downshifting areas. Hope it makes sense.

My real line.(Black shaded area = bumpy)
https://www.dropbox.com/s/drzfzxbv3pu4oj8/my real line.jpg

iRacing Line
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ymnucrck2mci05l/iRacing line.jpg

Me at Clearways Mk1 MX5 (lots of lateral forces, rear tyre starting to distort under the rim under acceleration:O_o:)
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ph8xn72ieq1macs/Clearways Autumn 2011.jpg

Nice, i see what you mean, cool to hear from a real life driver who has logged laps in largely the same car.

But, yes you do swing into the first left (Surtees) with foot pinned down in 4th, and then make yourself a straight line for braking and changing down, takes lot of concentration and is demanding physically. But that's why I love Brands Indy, every corner is technically demanding but once you start to string them together the rhythm is hypotic:D
I´ve only driven on it in the game but yes, even in the Mazda just pinning it flat through there is one of the best corners in iRacing :)
Hate the right hander because it´s soo easy to start drifting wide there.

You should have participated in this league, it was awesome!
24+ Mazdas duking it out on Indy :)

the only thing i hate about the Mazda is the ABS in game.
the loadcell is causing some issues because if you set it up for perfect braking force while tires are new, and no activation of ABS it will come back and haunt you later as it will engage every time you hit the brakes.
so if you set it so you have perfect braking force with used tires you have problems stopping the car on the first few laps.

Would be nice to completely disengage the ABS on the car..

That looked awesome:thumbsup: I know what you mean about the ABS, don't know, it maybe a US specific thing so having the option to remove it totally would be nice. That's what I like about iRacing though, each improvement is a significant one so, for me, what is already a top draw sim, keeps getting better, maybe the option will be there one day.
Looking forward to the release of Donington eventually, Knockhill, Croft, Snetterton 300 and Rockingham would be nice as well:p

NOM NOM NOM.

1363701.page

1363702.page

Now Lotus has jumped past Mclaren.... unbelievable...wtf is so hard with the Mclaren?

Can't tell by picture but we are actually further along with Lotus than McLaren. Not a priority thing one way or another but just the way it is working out from a physics perspective getting it done. I expect they both will not be that far off and are both getting full-time attention. Perhaps Lotus in this coming build but I doubt the Mclaren

Oran Park,
1363708.page

Hmm could be it yes... but +one year still seems crazy for a car no matter what model you have to develop. I get the feeling they under-powered and simply have to much work.

Oh well, i´m hoping AC releases something inbetween that.

Btw, i think the little Honda also runs turbo, not sure.

Latest News

What does easier access mean to you?

• Free access

Votes: 106 68.8%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 41 26.6%
  • Better structured forum

Votes: 31 20.1%
  • Standard game content

Votes: 33 21.4%
  • No 3pa registration pages

Votes: 33 21.4%