Is honeymoon over?

• Thread starter Deleted member 197115
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 197115

• Deleted member 197115

Interesting analysis, what do you think

So just had my first few races online and wow, playercount is dramatically low for EU evening.
No problems here with crashes or stuttering but i still have no clue how this rating system works as it tells me i'm always too aggressive and those curbs really pull you to the inside of the corner a lot.

I really don't like the auto-brake feature on the grid, but maybe you can disable it? don't know :)

There's some weird thing happening though - i have stable 60 FPS, but it looks like it's running on 30, it's not as smooth as i expect it to be at 60 FPS.

People don't play iRacing because of cars / tracks / physics but because of the framework.

If iRacing had only single races without giving people incentive for participating online (championship, licence system) then iRacing would most likely be dead by now.

• Deleted member 197115

ACC dropped more than 40% of players in the last month.
Disappointing considering all these new updates from Kunos. :(
upload_2019-7-24_9-39-6.png

Core issues are still there. Triples support, VR performance and overall graphical performance hasn't been addressed. The tire model update might be cool, but I don't think that's what's keeping people out.

Just the warmth surely and the holiday time for many of us ..... ( not me, I'm always +- in holiday :D )
Did you have a look at the other platforms ? .... there's maybe a similar drop for other ones ?

Moreover, leagues are often running much less events in those 2 months of july and august.

Of course you're right, Andrew .... but 1st month after just the V1.0 release was of course much a month of discovery of the full 'simulation' .... so surely normal that the number of players was higher than it should be in normal months.

Now it's a fact that some of the encountered problems for some or surely more than we may think resulted in a kind of disappointment ( VR - Triples - crashes - stuttering - Server problems - lost ratings etc... etc ... ) for many users .... and they are surely waiting now for more fixes, addition of what was taken off the game ... and I surely forget some other details.

And moreover, even with a perfect start, not sure every driver will drive only GT3 for months. ;)
AC still remains the big concurrent for ACC .... less demanding, less problems and more cars, more tracks and now SOL and Shader Patch.... a full new game nearly.

I've been giving ACC a go the past few nights and something about the traction loss physics just don't seem right to me. I can catch a slide 90% of the time in every game I play (iRacing, PC2, AC, Dirt Rally etc..) but this game just seems to take it to the next level. I am lucky to catch 10% of my slides. It's like I am driving on ice, and if I touch a kerb or some grass forget it, instant spin out.

Is it just me or is this game whack?

I've been giving ACC a go the past few nights and something about the traction loss physics just don't seem right to me. I can catch a slide 90% of the time in every game I play (iRacing, PC2, AC, Dirt Rally etc..) but this game just seems to take it to the next level. I am lucky to catch 10% of my slides. It's like I am driving on ice, and if I touch a kerb or some grass forget it, instant spin out.

Is it just me or is this game whack?

9.9/10 times... its you

Curb issues are well documented, and will probably be sorted in 1.0.7 - see thread about 5 point tire model.

• Deleted member 379375

Uninstalled after trying 1.0.7 I'm afraid. There's no point listing all the reasons but the fact that every update seams to break something is frustrating.Now I can't change the car setup after teleporting back to the pits. I don't enjoy the driving as it is, if I am unable to change the setup mid-race too well....... Back to AC and VR for the foreseeable.

I really don’t get the hate for ACC, unless you’re a VR or Triples user as I know it’s still not properly optimized there. Otherwise, ACC does what it does (simulating the Blancpain series) brilliantly. I have a decent machine, but not a rocket, and it runs perfectly at maxed settings. It looks, sounds and feels incredible much better than AC, even with Sol.

Sure there are still a couple of minor things missing but they’re getting fixed quickly. People had an issue with the curbs, and that got fixed. Same with with mid-race saves, fixed. The fixes are coming thick and fast people, let’s be a little patient - and in the meantime, enjoy the most convincing GT3 simulation that there is.

No it doesn't, career is extremely bad and that is supposed to simulate the "blancpain experience".

Also barely anyone plays this, there's only 1 time of the day where you can find lobbies with people. Probably because there's not much point as there's no profile or meaningful goals.

1. How good is the career in RF2, RRE, AC1, or any other sim out there ?

2. At least at EU time zone evening hours, there is always at least a few servers full with people and CP server including. There are quite a lot of people playing it, may be more than RF2 and I recently checked that there were more people in the ACC lobby than in the AC1, in AC1, there were people only in the nordschlife practice server(at least an hour back).

3. In which SIM aside iRacing, there are any meaningful goals in the official MP system ? In fact, the ACC is the only one with CP and RC ratings which are coming along nicely.

If you expect it to be like F1 20xx or Forza, morza or other console junk, fortunately it is not in the same category and hopefully will never be like them, so if you like those games, better stick with them and leave ACC alone.

EDIT: And yes, it does simulate GT3 briliantly, I doubt there are better simulated and modelled GT3 cars out there. They feel great, sounds great and looks great. Very unique characteristics are modelled for each of them and tire model details are remarkable - this is why it simulates it briliantly, not because it has some fancy animations and scripted careers.

1. How good is the career in RF2, RRE, AC1, or any other sim out there ?

2. At least at EU time zone evening hours, there is always at least a few servers full with people and CP server including. There are quite a lot of people playing it, may be more than RF2 and I recently checked that there were more people in the ACC lobby than in the AC1, in AC1, there were people only in the nordschlife practice server(at least an hour back).

3. In which SIM aside iRacing, there are any meaningful goals in the official MP system ? In fact, the ACC is the only one with CP and RC ratings which are coming along nicely.

If you expect it to be like F1 20xx or Forza, morza or other console junk, fortunately it is not in the same category and hopefully will never be like them, so if you like those games, better stick with them and leave ACC alone.

EDIT: And yes, it does simulate GT3 briliantly, I doubt there are better simulated and modelled GT3 cars out there. They feel great, sounds great and looks great. Very unique characteristics are modelled for each of them and tire model details are remarkable - this is why it simulates it briliantly, not because it has some fancy animations and scripted careers.
Why are you comparing? All those games have careers just as bad or non existent. I judge ACC career for what it's, and it's just horrible.
Feel free to call other games junk, that won't make ACC look better though.

You can easily check ACC population on sites like steamdb. Outside of peak time, game barely has players so MP is pretty much dead. RC is useless, CP is useless. SA is somewhat useful but there's not enough players for it to mater that much.

Simulation is more than just physics, just saying. Just because the driving is good doesn't mean it's simulating the "blancpain experience". Game doesn't even have championship points, jez.

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 32 8.5%
  • Monthly

Votes: 19 5.0%
  • Yearly

Votes: 28 7.4%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 3 0.8%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 2 0.5%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 10 2.6%