Cars Issue Exporting FBX Swapping Model of Car when opening in ksEditor

This is my first time doing a swap model car with ac model.
my door car is mirrored when opening in ksEditor only
I am trying to replace the body when I look at them on 3ds max everything looks good the body and door look exactly the same on both sides but when I open the model in KsEditor the driver's side door looks perfect but then when looking at the passenger side of the car of the door is missing and the texture on the door is correct. From what I have looked at I have not found anything I did differently between the driver and passenger side any help would be greatly appreciated

Attachments

• peykan 3dsmax.png
    peykan 3dsmax.png
    686.4 KB · Views: 100
  • peykan kseditor.png
    peykan kseditor.png
    717.3 KB · Views: 59
  • peykan showroom.png
    peykan showroom.png
    469 KB · Views: 64
For one thing you need to disable "double-sided faces" in 3ds max to get an accurate view of the model; I don't use it so I'm not sure where you'd find that. The other thing to keep in mind is avoid using obj, for some reason it turns models inside out

If you mirrored the object in 3ds max, then the normals will be mirrored too making the object appear 'inside out'.

If so, you'll need to apply a 'normal' modifier in max, making sure to check 'flip normals'.

Thanks to you guys I fixed the problem with the mirror object when you want to do that must be sure to be on geometry not transform

Attachments

• mirrored with geometry.png
    mirrored with geometry.png
    767.7 KB · Views: 54

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 54 9.1%
  • Monthly

Votes: 29 4.9%
  • Yearly

Votes: 37 6.2%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 3 0.5%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 2 0.3%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 14 2.3%