Kart Racing

larsvh2.jpg

By laraarsa at 2012-02-25

larsvh.jpg

By laraarsa at 2012-02-25

Why are you using right foot to brake? In karts you use left to brake.

The majority of people in Superkarts have a foot clutch and right foot brake, but some have a hand clutch and therefore left foot brake. I have just got used to using my left foot for the clutch, which is vital at the start of races (rolling starts) and when the time comes, to quickly catch a seize to avoid spinning! It's all down to personal preference really.

Actually, majority of UK racers seem to like a right foot brake. Us in NZ & Australia find them dangerous and go for left foot braking. When I bought my kart last year it had the right foot braking setup with the clutch on the left. Everytime I went to hit the brakes I stomped hard on the clutch and just about Sh*t myself. Haha, it's a preference and I'm sure either way can be fast.
Personally I like to go directly from hard throttle to hard braking... no delay and that's how I've always driven and so left braking for me.

Ben & Toby, I'm, curious about your nosecones.
Do the small openings at the bottom feed the brake ducts?
Reason I ask is because my brother is a Carbon Fibre Technician & I am looking to create some new pods & bodywork for my kart.

I love superkarts! You guys are insane! Especially around Oulton Park! This is insane too..........more like a suicide wish.
Road Atlanta. Full Course. 250 Superkart.

The Rotax video is cool! What a nice track! Where is that at? And the pit exit looks a bit narrow lol.
A Sr Rotax engine exploding at Mosport. What a nice kart track! Looks awesome!

Little Monaco. Sr Max in Quebec. My friend raced this.

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 422 69.3%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 265 43.5%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 285 46.8%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 125 20.5%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 168 27.6%
Back