Kimi Raikkonen Confirmed as Ferrari Driver

Bram Hengeveld submitted a new blog post:

Kimi Raikkonen Confirmed as Ferrari Driver

Ferrari have confirmed they have Kimi Raikkonen to be Fernando Alonso's team mate for the 2014 season.

In what was the most talked about move of the 2014 season, today Ferrari confirmed to BBC Sport what was already widely speculated since Sunday that the 2007 World Champion or Sauber's Nico Hulkenberg would be confirmed within the next month to drive for the prancing horse.

Lotus were confident the Finn would remain with them, but...
Continue reading the Original Blog Post

Last edited by a moderator:
And there it is...

I'm a bit disappointed Hülkenberg doesn't get the chance he deserves, but having Alonso and Raikkonen on the same team will be pure, unadulterated awesomeness.

They now got the best two drivers, the most money and the second and third best car designers (Byrne and Allison). I'd say it's time for a few titles ;)

Edit: Oh, and there is an error in the article. Fernando was faster than you at the Hockenheimring, not the Nürburgring :p

Edit 2: Also, Raikkonen is not Brazilian.

Interesting move, lets see how to big stallions get along inside the red team!

Would love to see the Hulk and Di Resta in a better team, so for wild speculation reasons, I am hoping Grosjean will not be at Renault next season and the both of them get a spot at Renault.

Good chance that Grosjean is staying, but then at least one of the two should get a chance at Renault.

Can't wait for this great duel! Even if Ferrari can't be competitive, we will watch a fantastic inter-team battle anyway.
Massa-Hulkenberg for Lotus GP next year? Or Massa might go to Sauber too, to his old team.

Good good.

Hats off to Ferrari for having two great WC as a driver line up, you know RB would have never wanted their golden boy challenged.

WCC is wrapped up for 2014, with Byrne coming back and this duo...oh yeah no more boring F1.

Also before "he is faster than you" quotes, the fact remains, Alonso WAS and IS faster than Felipe, and the only one who can challenge Vettel, so the use of that quote in any article today is completely irrelevant.

and lastly, both have raced each other, in 2005 and 2007 both beaten each other. They have mutual respect, both have matured, and Kimi does not care for being #2, I mean when Massa was their #1 he didn't care at all. I root for either one to be WC for the team, and also support team orders against each other if one happens to be mathematically out of the WC.

RB domination is over, Helmut Marko and Papa Horner will regret no signing Kimi.

"Kimi, Fernando is faster than you..."

EDIT: I was joking, for goodness sake :cautious:

Last edited:
It'll be very interesting to see how well these two get along once the points race starts getting critical.
I think given age as well as ability vs pay, NH would have been a better fit for Ferrari.
He doesn't seem to break the equipment as much as other young drivers...and he has shown an ability to extract what the car is capable of.
He does seem to have a knack for being in the wrong team/car at the wrong time though.
Let's hope he can get to Lotus and they can give him something worthwhile.

Alonso will cry the Amazon river when Kimi beats him 100-0 next year. I think Alonso is a bit scared atm. He knows who's the latest world champ with Ferrari and now he's back. But then again this could be an excellent chance for Alonso to step up his game now that he have equally good driver as a team mate.

Next year should be fun with these 2 at Ferrari. Dissapointed that Hulk didnt get the job, but Kimi should make the racing fun for 2nd place, cant see anyone beating Vettel if his car is a solid 10 which it is currently.

I don't know how I'm going to reconcile this! I can't stand Ferrari but love Kimi. Oh well, I guess since I root for the driver, I will have to stick with the best one on the Grid (Kimi, as proven by the mea culpa at Ferrari).
And at least you know Kimi will not put up with their team orders bulls*it. If they can get their cars in line, they will make a serious challenge to Red Bull.

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 462 70.0%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 282 42.7%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 305 46.2%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 135 20.5%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 179 27.1%
Back