KTM Release Official Free X-Bow GT4 Mod For Assetto Corsa

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
In a rather cool move, KTM have released a free mod for Assetto Corsa - bringing the officially licenced X-Bow GT4 to the simulation.
  • New mod with official KTM licence.
  • Developed with real data from the team.
  • Available to download for free for Assetto Corsa.

Feels like its been a long time since I wrote some new news about Assetto Corsa, with game development having been completed following Kunos Simulazioni moving on to their latest project, Assetto Corsa Competizione. However, seeing as the original AC remains exceptionally popular within the sim racing community, even in the middle of 2020 we have new news - a brand new mod has been released, but with the official backing of the real world manufacturer!

Yes, GT4 fans have a new toy to enjoy in AC from today following this rather cool announcement - adding one of the more unique cars of the GT4 regulations to the olden, but still golden Assetto Corsa simulation.

You can download the car HERE.

Assetto Corsa is available now for console and PC.

Want to enhance your Assetto Corsa experience? Head over to the AC mods section and browse through the awesome things our community have been creating!

KTM Header.jpg

Last edited:
I totally agree. My first lap at the small National Red Bull Ring was 3 seconds faster than with any other GT4 car I´ve driven. This KTM drives too good in my opinion. Doesn´t seem to have realistic specs.
Ahh, just read that is has 0 BOP. Well, then...
In order to bring the KTM level with other GT4s it needed some incredible ballast, and the ride height too in SRO events is super tall. This car is on another level without BoP - pretty cool we have both versions to play with now :)

• Deleted member 241736

We will share the template soon.
And in this case it was not a carryover from ACC, it was the opposite way :)
Ah means ACC liveries fits on those AC version
... no doesnt fit :(

Last edited by a moderator:
Noice!!! Both Kunos and Reiza know how to look after their fans (not like another, who will remain nameless - you know who you are :) )

Edit: Ooops......it's not directly from Kunos, but it sorta is.......lol.

On further reading from members, I won't bother trying to install. Sounds like "trouble" (trash bin).

Edit (2): Thanks to Jeremy Chaim, I grabbed the download link (found within this topic). Its spectacular!! A BIG thank you to all involved.

Last edited:
Noice!!! Both Kunos and Reiza know how to look after their fans (not like another, who will remain nameless - you know who you are :) )

Edit: Ooops......it's not directly from Kunos, but it sorta is.......lol.

On further reading from members, I won't bother trying to install. Sounds like "trouble" (trash bin).

there's a direct link to the zip file. no trouble at all. you are missing out...

Cool...... But couldn't they just push this as a game update for the sake of online compatibility? Added with a bug fix or two here and there? Will Kunoz ever even hotfix AC at all?

Official Kunos support for AC ended 2017.

Also not sure how this affects online compatibility.

Just like any ac mod you download it and find servers with it.

Very nice mod, quality can pass for RSS or best Kunos OEM content.
Interesting comparing it to KTM in ACC, shows what great strides Kunos made in physics and FFB department in their new title.

Disagree.

New improvements by Stereo has made AC ffb better than ACC.

Physics that debatable.

I am sure someone can log GT4 KTM from ACC and compare it AC KTM GT4 data with motec.

The only thing this car has is more power and no ballast with better ride height.

But that can be easily done to replicate ACC KTM.

AC is behind for Kunos and the first rule of Italian driving is ...
Im afraid that could be the case.
Official Kunos support for AC ended 2017.

Also not sure how this affects online compatibility.

Just like any ac mod you download it and find servers with it.
I mean, i knew there would be no more new content but i didn't think "official support ended" meant "sealed, never touched again. What? New bug found? easy fix? **** it, its closed. What? A company made an official mod for our game and wants to have it as stock content? Nope. Sorry, closed game forever".

If Kunos will treat all their game this way it really makes me doubt to continue supporting them, most videogame companies still offer some form of minor support or bugfixing to older games.

I mean, i knew there would be no more new content but i didn't think "official support ended" meant "sealed, never touched again. What? New bug found? easy fix? **** it, its closed. What? A company made an official mod for our game and wants to have it as stock content? Nope. Sorry, closed game forever".

If Kunos will treat all their game this way it really makes me doubt to continue supporting them, most videogame companies still offer some form of minor support or bugfixing to older games.
What is it that you want fixed?
CM and CSP would never have happened if Kunos support was ongoing, and these have taken AC far beyond its original scope and far beyond anything that Kunos would have added in official updates.

CSP, Sol and CM all happened because their developers basically got the official "go" from Kunos that no future official update would destroy their effort.

And this car here wasn't ever meant to be a full official Kunos car, it was a KTM promo that than got included into ACC development.

What is it that you want fixed?
CM and CSP would never have happened if Kunos support was ongoing, and these have taken AC far beyond its original scope and far beyond anything that Kunos would have added in official updates.
There's still minor crap here and there, but i think it still speaks a lot bad about kunos if once the last content update is pushed they wont give any support for the game at all.

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 496 68.6%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 304 42.0%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 328 45.4%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 159 22.0%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 195 27.0%
Back