AC KTM X-BOW R @ Croft - Wed 26 Jun 2019

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Specially for everyone from last night's amazing Caterham races, this is a compulsory event:whistling::p
@Denis Betty @Pe Ha @Ian Whiteley @Kek700 @HF2000 @Ceolmor @PD07 @Giovanni Chiarotto @GEO147

...and not forgetting, @Lucas Gerlach @Henri Sinik @SOLO59 @Asterix @Dennis Manke @Spilskinanka @RobertR1 @Daniel Nieto @ionONE1 @Enzo Fazzi @Raf Nix

How can you resist???:inlove: Meet Miss KTM XBow-Croft, go on......

tenor.gif
:D:D:p

Specially for everyone from last night's amazing Caterham races, this is a compulsory event:whistling::p
@Denis Betty @Pe Ha @Ian Whiteley @Kek700 @HF2000 @Ceolmor @PD07 @Giovanni Chiarotto @GEO147

...and not forgetting, @Lucas Gerlach @Henri Sinik @SOLO59 @Asterix @Dennis Manke @Spilskinanka @RobertR1 @Daniel Nieto @ionONE1 @Enzo Fazzi @Raf Nix

View attachment 311776 :D:D:p
Haha nice GIF by the way.:roflmao: i never drove croft in my sim racing life and i train a lot for the Mugello event this evening so this would be a hard one :roflmao: but you get me @Medilloni :) sign me in @Craig Dunkley :thumbsup:

View attachment 311776 :D:D:p
Would love to mate but Wednesdays are MR training sessions.

Haha nice GIF by the way.:roflmao: i never drove croft in my sim racing life and i train a lot for the Mugello event this evening so this would be a hard one :roflmao: but you get me @Medilloni :) sign me in @Craig Dunkley :thumbsup:
You won't regret it my friend, brilliant though tricky little circuit but you'll learn it quick, if you want a setup let me know - it's not the fastest in my hands but helps calm the beast!;)

Glad you liked my pic of the missus btw:roflmao::laugh:

You won't regret it my friend, brilliant though tricky little circuit but you'll learn it quick, if you want a setup let me know - it's not the fastest in my hands but helps calm the beast!;)

Yes a setup would be good for me. :) i love it to drive with you guys i learn a lot in term of pace in all circuits:) to see the faster guys how they drive is amazing and it helps me to learn new tracks when i race with faster guys :thumbsup:

Yes a setup would be good for me. :) i love it to drive with you guys i learn a lot in term of pace in all circuits:) to see the faster guys how they drive is amazing and it helps me to learn new tracks when i race with faster guys :thumbsup:
It's certainly a track for the smooth drivers, I just enjoy throwing it around:roflmao: There will be better setups out there Dennis, but here's my effort so far:

Attachments

• trial setup croft.ini
    767 bytes · Views: 147
Well, I tried this combo and I have serious problem controlling the car.
The rear starts sliding, I try to control the slide, but eventually I completely lose control and crash. This happens when accelerating in corner-exit phase, but also when inserting the car in some corners. I did +/- 30 laps, but I can't do two consecutive laps without crashing. Anyone else has similar feeling?

The issues you mentioned are common in this car, but are solvable by pressing the throttle on downshifts (corner entry) and by releasing the throttle on upshifts from 2nd to 3rd when cornering (corner exits). Even so, I could only accelerate gently on the corner exit of the first chicane or else I would drift the entire corner.

In these type of cars with low grip, sometimes its best to carry the speed through a corner without touching the pedals, and only throttle up when the car is more leveled up (less steering lock).

You can push the weight of the car to the rear with ride height, but in the end I did the same laptimes anyways.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 82 29.2%
  • More leagues

Votes: 57 20.3%
  • Prizes

Votes: 60 21.4%
  • Trophies

Votes: 35 12.5%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 18 6.4%