LCD Display Not Showing

I merged three Ford GT Mk7 cars from different mods into one folder. Each car calls its own .cas file, they share .hdc and .aud files. Two of the cars appear to have the same cpit, with the LCD display on the right; the other is quite different, with the LCD display in front of the steering wheel. On the latter and one of the others the LCD display is normal, on the third car the LCD screen remains blank.

Since each car calls its own .cas file, and thus .gtr files, I see no reason for this. Naturally the one I want to drive is the one with the problem. What am I overlooking?

I don't know about LCD displays but every .cas file needs to have its own CPIT.gtr file in order for analog gauge needles to show up in the car.

Yes, there is a FORDGT_CPIT, a FORDGT2_CPIT, and a FORDGT2R_CPIT. One .cas file calls just the FORDGT, the other two call that one and one of the others (which leads me to think they were all built on the same base).

I have checked the .gtr files and the referenced .gmt files are there; as best I remember all three worked fine before the merger (and the only edits were referencing them all to the same .hdc, .sp. .aud, and .tyr files).

I would then try to delete the references to the FORDGT_CPIT.gtr from the other two .cas files so that there's only one CPIT reference in each .cas file.

FORDGT.cas
FORDGT_CPIT.gtr

FORDGT2.cas
FORDGT2_CPIT.gtr

FORDGT2R.cas
FORDGT2R_CPIT.gtr

Maybe some overlapping material names could be also fault.

I suspect something along those lines. The non-functioning display has several dds files in the .gtr file for "Magnetti MT940" that seem to be a different LCD display; but I know little of delving into this (I did try switching the entire cockpit to the functioning one but that caused a CTD also).

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back