rF2 LIVE STREAM : 397 Multiclass @ Le Mans - Fri 02 Aug 2019

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
It is a difficult one ...I felt the track was to long for a formation lap followed by rolling start?

The other option of rolling start with safety car I felt was a bit dangerous, especially for inexperienced drivers? basically you are plonked in the moving grid and then its green green green ..you have about 3 seconds to react ...

Personally I will always go with the majority :thumbsup:

Yeah, i understand your reason behind it. It's fine, now i know at least that every driver has the handicap of a slow start ;-)

Guys, i keep getting stop and go penalties for speeding in the pitlane. I always engage the speedlimiter when i enter the pitlane, but it seems i get a lot of penalties exiting the pitlane. I dis-engage the pitlimiter when my front wheels cross over the pitlane line (at the green light). I still get penalties most of the time. What is the correct way to do this?

Guys, i keep getting stop and go penalties for speeding in the pitlane. I always engage the speedlimiter when i enter the pitlane, but it seems i get a lot of penalties exiting the pitlane. I dis-engage the pitlimiter when my front wheels cross over the pitlane line (at the green light). I still get penalties most of the time. What is the correct way to do this?
Gonna say this just to be sure, but it's not just a matter of being on the pit limiter in time. You also have to be below the speed limit when you cross the entry line.

And... I should know this for sure, but I think pitlane speeding penalties are announced only after you exit the pitlane. And chances are probably 100:1 that you've entered too fast rather than disengaged the limiter too soon. But you can also test things a bit yourself. Like disengage half a second after you cross the pit exit line.

Gonna say this just to be sure, but it's not just a matter of being on the pit limiter in time. You also have to be below the speed limit when you cross the entry line.

And... I should know this for sure, but I think pitlane speeding penalties are announced only after you exit the pitlane. And chances are probably 100:1 that you've entered too fast rather than disengaged the limiter too soon. But you can also test things a bit yourself. Like disengage half a second after you cross the pit exit line.

Found the issue. Indeed I enter the pits too fast. I engage the speedlimiter too late for the car to slow down to 60kph. Solved it now. Thanks!

IMPORTANT NOTICE TO ALL

Several drivers on the server this evening were using custom skins that were not loading correctly. This causes several issues for other drivers and could potentially crash the server. If you are using a custom skin and have a red square either flashing or static beside your username, you must immediately leave the server and fix this error or use a default skin, if you fail to do this you will be kicked from the server, for the benefit of all the other drivers.

Several drivers have suggested that we do not allow custom skins, I really really do not want to take this option, I am all for custom skins, so please, including myself, let's make sure that our square is green :thumbsup:

I thank you all for your understanding in this matter - 397 is working on a fix.

@Stephen Gibb
@Magnus Dahlgren
@JoelK
@Martin Fiala
@Chris Hone
@PurgerUK
@HDrury42
@suspectmonkey
@Ingemar Petersson
@Richard Hessels
@IlPaoletto
@cagivariver
@Maikel Bevers
@Marcos Kornievicz
@Roy Magnes
@Juan Roguez
@ZeroRisk
@Erdei Balint
@alexSchmurtz
@Tero Dahlberg
@Toi
@Lutis
@eryx
@Dorco
@Paul Glover
@alvaro inchausti
@csar77
@Frank van der Heide
@Jani1980
@Kresh

Reserve list
@Enzo Fazzi - LMP
@ionONE1 - GTE
@Cosimo - LMP
@Ross McGregor - LMP

Last edited:
Sorry Jaun. I do not understand what you want?
Almanzor90 said:
I can´t stay in the race. Sorry. i will try participate at the next. My place it's available for other mate. Good luck to all the racers.

that my partner could not participate, that you did not see his message, I was reminding you to replace him with the next pilot:);):thumbsup:

IMPORTANT NOTICE TO ALL
If you are using a custom skin and have a red square either flashing or static beside your username, you must immediately leave the server, if you fail to do this you will be kicked from the server, for the benefit of all the other drivers.

I thank you all for your understanding in this matter.

Isn't this invisible on the clients side who is using the custom skin? The flashing red indicator will turn green once the receiving side has downloaded the skin right? I'm not very familiar, but that's what I read

IMPORTANT NOTICE TO ALL

Several drivers on the server this evening were using custom skins that were not loading correctly. This causes several issues for other drivers and could potentially crash the server. If you are using a custom skin and have a red square either flashing or static beside your username, you must immediately leave the server and fix this error or use a default skin, if you fail to do this you will be kicked from the server, for the benefit of all the other drivers.

Several drivers have suggested that we do not allow custom skins, I really really do not want to take this option, I am all for custom skins, so please, including myself, let's make sure that our square is green :thumbsup:

I thank you all for your understanding in this matter.

@Stephen Gibb
@Magnus Dahlgren
@JoelK
@Martin Fiala
@Chris Hone
@PurgerUK
@HDrury42
@suspectmonkey
@Ingemar Petersson
@Richard Hessels
@IlPaoletto
@cagivariver
@Maikel Bevers
@Marcos Kornievicz
@Roy Magnes
@Juan Roguez
@ZeroRisk
@Erdei Balint
@alexSchmurtz
@Tero Dahlberg
@Toi
@Lutis
@eryx
@Dorco
@Paul Glover
@alvaro inchausti
@csar77
@Frank van der Heide
@Jani1980
@Kresh

Reserve list
@Enzo Fazzi - LMP
@ionONE1 - GTE
@Cosimo - LMP
@Ross McGregor - LMP
Yep, custom skins are giving problems atm. It seems S397 is aware and found some fixes for the next build. In the meantime, I feel safer to stay away from custom skins, I don't use them. I prefer having a nice race with many people! :)

Latest News

What does easier access mean to you?

• Free access

Votes: 42 70.0%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 17 28.3%
  • Better structured forum

Votes: 14 23.3%
  • Standard game content

Votes: 15 25.0%
  • No 3pa registration pages

Votes: 14 23.3%