Liveries / install

Could anyone help me, please ?
I downloaded many liveries for AMS2, never had a problem but I don't know where do I need to copy / paste those files

There is a folder with 10 subfolders and the XML file
Any advices are welcome, thank you

Most skin folders have the folder structure worked out for you, so you just drop the AMS2 folder into your install and you're good to go. This one is older, and it includes instructions in the update window: "Just unpack in the folder ...Steam\steamapps\common\Automobilista 2\Vehicles\Textures\CustomLiveries\Overrides\formula_v10_g1"

That's where you place the F1_ season 1997 folder and the xml file - in the highlighted folder below.

V10 AMS2 folder.JPG

Last edited:
Most skin folders have the folder structure worked out for you, so you just drop the AMS2 folder into your install and you're good to go. This one is older, and it includes instructions in the update window: "Just unpack in the folder ...Steam\steamapps\common\Automobilista 2\Vehicles\Textures\CustomLiveries\Overrides\formula_v10_g1"

That's where you place the F1_ season 1997 folder and the xml file - in the highlighted folder below.

View attachment 685686
How did you get that Steam directory then steam apps? Did you create that or did Steam create it automatically when you installed it. I'm trying to install a mod for the first time and the error message I'm getting says there is no pathway called "Steam" so apparently they can't load.

Yes, that's the Steam install pathway - usually C drive by default. Anyway, if you have Steam and AMS2 installed then you should have the same structure. As to mods, I don't have any knowledge of how to install them, but there's loads of info in the mods section here for the various cars and content manager mods that have to do with modding.

Latest News

How are you going to watch 24 hours of Le Mans

• On national tv

Votes: 7 31.8%
  • Eurosport app/website

Votes: 7 31.8%
  • WEC app/website

Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Watch party

Votes: 3 13.6%
  • At a friends house

Votes: 1 4.5%