LMP cars too easy (also in real life?)

I'm now practicing a lot in Nords using LMP / Hypercars such as the MP-H Bayer Hybrid V8 by RSS or the AC Loire 07 2021 by URD and I'm a bit shocked because I find them too easy to control. They have tons of grip on the bends and they do not normally get you in trouble even when driving to the limit unless you really want to force the mistake. I always have all driving aids disabled in Content Manager's preset (no abs, no traction control and stability control set to 0). Could these cars be overriding those settings? How can I be sure I'm not using any driving aids at all when on the track? Am I finding them too easy to drive fast because I'm a driving god or am I just not pushing them hard enough?

These are modern endurance cars. They're meant for long stints, not to kill the driver if he breathes funny.

Having said that, what track grip are you using? RSS don't recommend using Optimum as they say it has an unrealistic amount of grip (taken from their discord).

If you run the RSR live timing app you can see how you compare to other drivers on the same tracks to get a check how hard you're really pushing it.

I can't speak to the accuracy of simulation itself, but regardless of how easy or hard a car is to drive if you're not feeling like you're about to lose it you're not pushing hard enough. :p

Modern prototypes have a, frankly, ridiculous amount of grip. For me, they're extremely difficult to drive because I just simply can't keep up with how fast they are. Same for modern F1. If I could keep up with the speed, though, the difficulty is in keeping them right at the limit, lap after lap, not in simply getting them around the circuit.

These are modern endurance cars. They're meant for long stints, not to kill the driver if he breathes funny.

Having said that, what track grip are you using? RSS don't recommend using Optimum as they say it has an unrealistic amount of grip (taken from their discord).

If you run the RSR live timing app you can see how you compare to other drivers on the same tracks to get a check how hard you're really pushing it.
I had it on Optimum. Which grip do you recommend?

Latest News

How are you going to watch 24 hours of Le Mans

• On national tv

Votes: 301 34.5%
  • Eurosport app/website

Votes: 245 28.1%
  • WEC app/website

Votes: 164 18.8%
  • Watch party

Votes: 67 7.7%
  • At a friends house

Votes: 24 2.8%