AC LMP2 @ Spa -Sunday 19th May 2024

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event

Interslice

Club Staff
Premium
Welcome to the RD Assetto Corsa Racing Club. On Sunday 19th of May we're at Spa, for some LMP2 action!!

Join us!
This is the place to be for relaxed, friendly racing and our events are open to everybody from rookies to the seasoned pros. You will always find people around your level to battle with, so jump on in!
If you need any help don't hesitate to ask on discord before the race, or right here on the forum! We are always happy to help.

All race department premium members with their full real name added to their forum profile as well as in game and discord can sign up for this event.

SpaF1-07.png

• Server: RaceDepartment.com 8 (Available throughout the race week)
  • 20:00 CEST, 19:00 DST, 18:00 UTC | 80 minutes - Official Practice
  • 21:20 CEST, 20:20 DST, 19:20 UTC) | 20 minutes - Qualification
  • 21:40 CEST, 20:40 DST, 19:40 UTC) | 50 minute - Race

Cars

LMP2

Event details:
  • Track: Spa
  • Pit stop: Mandatory stop between 10 and 50 minutes
  • Track Temps: 20C air/30C track
  • Track Condition: Clear, Light wind, Optimum grip.
  • Damage: 10%
  • Assists: Factory
  • Standing Start: Jump Start = Drive through penalty

Useful Links:

Race Comms

Recommended Apps

Last edited:
A message to all Drivers

If you run off track, you must check to see that its clear before you re enter the track. Always try to re-enter the track parallel to the racing line. Stay off the racing line until you are up to race speed and do not block any fast approaching car.

When joining the track from the pits, remain inside the white line and stay off the racing line until you are up to speed.

During qualification, do not race on your out lap, let other drivers by.

Golden Rule
  1. If you hit somebody, sending them off the track and carry on like nothing happened, you take the risk of being banned for 30 days.
  2. Instead, you should always wait for the affected drivers, and that way you can be 100% sure you will not get a ban.
Track limits
  1. You will get 2 warnings before a 5 second penalty for exceeding track limits to your advantage. Any warnings/penalties are displayed in the chat window at the end of each lap
Note: Please use your full real name in Discord and in game. Not doing so may result in you being kicked from the server if an admin cannot identify who you are.

So what a race this was! Had a great start because for some reason people left the gap wide open at la source, going with half-distance fuel and softs gave me a lot of pace as well. Eventually the field stretched out a bit but was having fun defending from Jorg. Then I went to pit but didnt realize tires would take twice as long as fuel. Figured my race was done for, short of perhaps battling someone in the back(which is where I expected to end up anyway with no practice). Turns out light fuel and fresh softs allowed me to push like a mad dog and so I did. Learned the car a little better and managed to find half a second here and there and this helped me get into 4th. In the final lap, the final corner Hank and I went side by side and if the start-finish line was at the same position then he would have taken the position from me!

What a car, what a track!

intense race again :) had no chance to keep up with fulvios and hanks pace but somehow I still got second place. Had a spin at hard braking behind hank before the busstop and thought it would be over, but then hank changed tyres, which put me in front and then he sadly had to do a second pit stop. what a shame, hank, maybe would have been a nice fight otherwise.
congrats fulvio, impressive pace as always!

It was like this Johnny: At the first pit stop nothing happened because the fuel refill quantity was set to zero. I was sure I set it to 1 liter, but oh well. Next time I'll double check. Or triple. So a second pit stop was needed. Then I changed the tires and tried to play Fulvio's game. From last to... let's see where it ends. It was fun too.

It would definitely have been interesting if everything had gone normally. The soft tires have already worn out quite a bit.

Great car. It was fun today. :thumbsup:

Unlucky Hank, your pace was really good.
Jesus guys, that was an intense race. I don't even mind the many spins I had that dropped me to the back of the grid, it was just too much fun chasing you guys
Great choice of car and track, this

It was like this Johnny: At the first pit stop nothing happened because the fuel refill quantity was set to zero. I was sure I set it to 1 liter, but oh well. Next time I'll double check. Or triple. So a second pit stop was needed. Then I changed the tires and tried to play Fulvio's game. From last to... let's see where it ends. It was fun too.

It would definitely have been interesting if everything had gone normally. The soft tires have already worn out quite a bit.

Great car. It was fun today. :thumbsup:
oh ****... what a shame... Yeah, I thought your tires must be worn as you fighted hard against fulvio and I was catching up afterwards. As you had much better pace at the beginning it was clear for me that the tyre gamble did not work out well for you. I lost maybe 5-10 seconds because of my spin but nevertheless overtook you at your first pit stop. For sure you would have got me with fresh softs but without my spin - who knows ;)
Anyways you had awesome pace as I said , first and foremost in quali :thumbsup:

Any ideas how I could improve traction out of slow corners with this car (T1 and busstop)? Already softened the rear a bit, diff power 30%, preload 50%, coast 80%. TC 11, later 10 during race. Any help appreciated. thanks!

I enjoyed that one! Lots of different strategies in the second half of the field. I played safe with mediums but they were very worn by the end and induced a lot of understeer. Casper thought he had made a mistake changing to a fresh set of sorts but it turned out to be a really good choice. Paul put it all on red and went full distance on a set of softs.

I was chuffed to be racing in fourth for much of the race but after the stop Partrick was catching me and I made a dumb mistake defending which led to a spin and let everyone past. Super frustrating. Towards the end I saw Partrick had an unlucky moment in the bus stop - I really felt for you as I had plenty of those :(. I was slowly catching Paul who was getting his moneys worth out of a set of sorts but managed the gap very carefully.

Great racing all :thumbsup:

Last edited:

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 381 69.9%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 241 44.2%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 251 46.1%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 113 20.7%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 147 27.0%
Back