Logitech G Pro Wheel

I have the Logitech G Pro Wheel and Pedals and I would say do some more research. I agree with Rebel_488, you might be better served going with a brand with a more robust ecosystem.

I am a huge Logitech fanboy with a G503, G903, G915, G915TKL, PowerPlay, and even the Herman Miller Logitech Embody gaming chair. I had been considering Fanatec before Logitech launched the G Pro Wheel and Pedals back in 2022. My Logitech Loyalty won out...

But i've had my rig for over a year now.

First off, Compatibility, for most games is pretty good. The option to throw the wheel into a G923 compatibility mode for titles that supported that wheel is nice. But if I'm being honest, I've only tested the wheel in such games, and preferred NOT to play them as compatibility mode always feels like it could be better if they just supported the new wheel with new drivers/support for the games. Dirt Rally 2.0 would be the EXCEPTION here as it feels great in compatibility mode, and being such an old game (and EA having bought the developers, Codemasters) i don't see them adding Pro wheel support now that WRC is out (which also feels great).

Seconldy and tied to my last point, I had purchased the Logitech Driving Force shifter as a beginner's shifter, but had to use an adapter by Leo Bodnar to get it to plug into USB. Logitech took almost a year to come out with their own adapter, and by that time I had upgraded to the Fanatec Clubsport Shifter SQ V1.5.

Tying nicely into my last point of how SLOW Logitech is with improving their Ecosystem. There has been no news on new Wheel faces, Shifters, or handbrakes. I love drifting and would love a circular drift wheel over the D shapted wheel that comes stock. It has been over a year, and had I heard of new wheel options, even for F1, I would have saved up and splurged, but nothing from Logitech in this Prosumer line. Just more headsets, mics, and webcams. Racing doesn't seem important to Logitech, unfortunately. They've got a lot to keep them distracted from this market.

Go with a company that cares about fidelity in this Sim market. Asetek, Simucube, Simmagic and other more specialized manufacturers. Logitech is trying to be a Jack of all Trades.... leaving them a Master of None!

Best of luck in your decision.

I do love my Logitech Wheel and Pedals, and don't see myself replacing them anytime soon. But I don't know if I would make the same decision I made over a year ago, today.

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 37 8.5%
  • Monthly

Votes: 20 4.6%
  • Yearly

Votes: 29 6.7%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 3 0.7%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 2 0.5%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 10 2.3%