Logitech G27 | Official Support Thread

Quote ' Released in 2006, Logitech’s G25 racing wheel has quickly earned a reputation for being the benchmark in terms of semi-professional steering wheels. Two and a half years after it’s introducion, hints on its successor are coming up.

Even though Logitech has yet to confirm to be working on the G27, the web is full of rumors and fake pictures, depicting what the new Logitech wheel will look like. Among all the guessing, there are some interesting facts on the G27 though:

1) Logitech has already assigned a parts number to the new wheel - 941-000045 A quick Google search returns plenty of hits on various online shops who already list the new item, including the name G27. Of course, none of these “dummy entries” have further information yet, they´re all listed for prices between 270 and 350 US dollars.

2) The G25 is currently available for very low prices. At its release in 2006, the wheel sold for $299, today it can be found as cheap as $139. That may just be due to the wheel’s age, it may be a sign of selling out the last stocked examples though.

3) Logitech is forced to react, the steering wheel market isn’t the same as it was in 2006. Fanatec is on a quick way to becoming a major competitor, offering a line of high quality steering wheels which are partly superior to the G25. Feature-rich products like the Clubsport Pedals will surely worry Logitech enough to work on a new flagship product.

There’s still zero information avaialble on the features of this new wheel, below is the newest picture that is supposed to show the G27. It includes new buttons and a LED rev-meter, chances are pretty high that it is another fake though. While nobody knows when the G27 is due, it is pretty much confirmed that it is indeed coming our way.'
http://www.virtualr.net/logitech-g27-around-the-corner/

hi guys, new to pc gaming and got myself a G27. love it, but have 1 small problem. im playing rfactor and the center point of the wheel keeps slipping to the left, by the end of a test session it sitting at 90 deg out to the left. your thoughts would be great.

Hi Myles, dunno if this is a bit late, but take a look at this thread http://forums.logitech.com/t5/PC-Gaming/G27-wheel-wont-stay-in-allignment/td-p/406468
It's a hardware problem and very common. You need to get a replacement wheel or tear the thing apart. It happened to me and I now have a replacement which is working fine. Try plugging it back into your PS3 if you haven't done so lately and under the same circumstances I guarantee it will do the same thing.
http://forums.logitech.com/t5/PC-Gaming/G27-wheel-wont-stay-in-allignment/td-p/406468/page/2

Upvote 0
It's really strange, when I exit the garage it works fine again and then after 1 lap the engine just stalls and I can't start it anymore.
It happens with every mod/car.
I really have the feeling it is something in the game settings, but I don't know what.

Edit: I started a new thread in the gtr evolution forum as the problem seems to be game related.

Try renaming your My Documents/SimBin folder to something else and try with fresh settings.

Upvote 0
Logitech truely has a problem with there wheels i buyed my first g25 2 years and 4 month ago the first wheels was broken after
barly 4month (the pedals gave up) i got it replaced with no trubble that wheel leasted 8 month (the pedals gave up) got it again
replaced with no trubble the 3rd one leasted for 11 month on 25 days (the pedals gave up) got it replaced with a g27 as i had to
pay the difference to the g27 wich was in the store i buyed it 50€ i got full 2 years of warranty again (thanks to german customer laws)
i was supprised of the good feel but after 2 month the center bearing gave up and you could barly turne the wheel so i decided enough
is enough. i sayed to my self you wont let teh store replace it again and asked to refound me wich they did :) (thanks god) and got me a
real wheel a Fanatec GT3 RS with Clubsport Pedals and since then i am a happy panda. i can only say if you are in the progress of getting
a wheel dont buy a G27 insteed buy your self a fine Fanatec its the same price and way better in every thing assembling, FFB and overal
Feeling

Upvote 0
I was contemplating whether to go with the Fanatec or get a replacement G27, but I read that Fanatec has its fair share of problems. I think we either get lucky with our damned expensive hardware or we don't. I've had 2 cheaper Logitech wheels, 3 MOMOs and a G25 and not had a single problem. Fingers crossed this G27 will last.

Upvote 0
G27 still not charged?

Geez i unplugged the steering wheel and unplugged the power to the whole steering wheel (the usb cord) on my g27 wheel for two days and it is still not charged. What do i need to do so it is fully charged (when it spins around when you turn on your computer or turn on the wheel while on the computer)?

Upvote 0
the g27 dont need to be charged it has no batteries, plug in the usb cord connect the wheel with the
powercable that came with it and plug the other end in the power socket in your wall
thats all to make it work but they need to both connected the usb and the power cable

Upvote 0
  • Angelo Rogiers

Just received a message that my g27 arived at the store. Too bad i don't have time to go pick it up this weekend. Next weekend i'll be racing with style. :p

Upvote 0
did you try to reinstall the drivers ?? wich profiler version you run ?? i guess 5.08 right
could also be related to the wheel as logitech have some problems with getting the wheels working
so much wheels are already RMA'ed cuz of several issues

Upvote 0

Latest News

How are you going to watch 24 hours of Le Mans

• On national tv

Votes: 31 34.8%
  • Eurosport app/website

Votes: 29 32.6%
  • WEC app/website

Votes: 10 11.2%
  • Watch party

Votes: 10 11.2%