AC Lotus 49 & Ferrari 312/67 @ 60's Suzuka - Tue 26th Sept 2023

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event

HF2000

Thou shall not pass!!!
Club Staff
Premium
y4mfWJ7K13g3pnAmhJvsYBpwh6Wequbs3qwna7JqsU0S-DDVrCRsL1hgWB4EEkVyybkzCy4IvaNohjLJrFwxemfzhLrCSMX2QA1ASqykKwMN9X-4k7UhCNYjJnHdVNGYg7FX5pVazxLSmjuFGVBl9PM_nNTwdB_XlAh5-XjGO81o-xAQ1YOHgakqrK5cupH6N9hrr-y0Y8U2gBx75m7DGVshQ

Welcome to the RD Racing Club.

In honour of the GP we're on a 60's version of this classic track in two mighty cars from the period - the Lotus 49 and the Ferrari 312/67.

SITUATIONAL AWARENESS is essential for clean and respectful driving in our community. You should therefore use tools like Helicorsa or CarRadar and CrewChief. The links for these apps are on the bottom of this post.

DISCORD. It's important that you also join us during the event on Discord for additional information and instructions. Link is below.

Go to https://acsm.racedepartment.com/championship/9bb3057a-a150-40ca-845c-17ce1767e64b?server=2
using the Emperor account you have been given and register with your steamID.

If you don't have an Emperor account yet, ask for one by posting in this thread (only for premium members).

Server information:

• Server: Racedepartment Server 3
  • Password: standard password, if you don't know that, ask for it in this thread and it will be send in a PM.
  • 20:00 CET, 19:00 BST (18:00 UTC) | 60 minutes - Official Practice
  • 21:05 CET, 20:05 BST (19:05 UTC) | 20 minutes - Qualification
  • 21:30 CET, 20:30 BST (19:30 UTC) | 60 minutes - Race
  • Practice server available during the week. Same password.
Event details:
Set the cart price to $0.0 and checkout - you'll get a email with a download link.
Also install the shader update for improved visuals...

https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/suzuka-60s-sergio-loro-shader-overhaul-and-fixing.62258/

This need manually copying to the track directory
  • Tyre blankets: Yes
  • Track Road temperature: 38 Celsius
  • Track grip: 100%
  • Track limits: No more than 2 wheels over the white/yellow line without a lift of the gas please. You will be penalized if you break this rule.
  • Damage: 10%
  • Fuel Consumption: 100%
  • Tyre wear: 100%
  • Pitstop: mandatory, at least 1 litre of fuel.
Useful Links:
Entry list:
This race will be hosted by @JamKart22

Attachments

• 1695156752582.png
    1695156752582.png
    30.3 KB · Views: 27
  • 1695156795578.png
    1695156795578.png
    29.7 KB · Views: 158
Last edited by a moderator:
Password changed?
Yes, it's now the standard password for Colin's, Dominics and mine events.

Brian was the user of this server and used a different password. But we have changed the users of the servers now Colin and Dominic are official staff members.

Last edited:
After a bit of practice yesterday I'm not sure this track is suitable for tonight's race. There are many areas off track that send you in to a unrecoverable death spin and you have to exit AC to get out of it. There are other areas that flip you upsidedown and teleport you to the pits. I can see us having no one left in the race after an hour!

I should have spotted this earlier but was on holiday last week.

My proposal is to switch to the long version of the old Monza (with the banking). We raced the short circuit a few weeks ago so you should all have setups ready to go.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

I've only got six signed up for tonight and only two people went on the practice server. So it didn't appear that popular. Let's see if more people sign up now.

If I get no more sign-ups and you're all desperate to race Suzuka then happy to put it back on.

I've only got six signed up for tonight and only two people went on the practice server. So it didn't appear that popular. Let's see if more people sign up now.

If I get no more sign-ups and you're all desperate to race Suzuka then happy to put it back on.
No, its fine. I will go with the flow of whatever it needs to be Colin

Yes if you go off track at Suzuki you will likely have a 'big accident' sending you back to the pits because of flipping or falling through holes.

That said I've been practising offline and I think it's a fun track to drive when you get it right and in my opinion more fun than just returning to Monza (despite the banking variant). I'd vote Suzuki but will go with the group/Colin's call.

Colin,
Perhaps for a future event with these cars you may want to consider the Mexico City GP track from the 60s. That’s a good one too.

We'll be back in the RS1600/GTAM next week. Any suggestions for tracks?
I had tested out those cars on the Barcelona City circuit a while back and found it to be a good combo--especially at night! La Sagrada Familia Basilica illuminated in the evening looked pretty sweet as did the city streets. Just my two cents....

Raced Mexico 60s on the weekend, less said the better with my pathetic drive. Walls are lethal but interesting track. You might find Barcelona city might be a bit PC heavy at night but great track for sure

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 420 69.4%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 263 43.5%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 285 47.1%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 124 20.5%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 168 27.8%
Back