Cars Making car LOD's - simple, quick and clean

in content manager i have install FBX pluging but i dont find unpack KN5 in showroom CM

what happen ?
To enable "Developer mode" you have to click a bunch of times on the version number of "Content Manager" - "About" page. A message will pop asking if you want to enable "Developer mode". Confirm and then the buttons will appear.
If after that you don't see "Developer mode" in "Content Manager" - "General" page that means the mode is not enabled.

Last edited:
i need to creat 2 LODs like you say here, how can i do this ? because here we create only one
The purpose of this thread was to propose a simple (relatively) way of creating one working distant lod for the mods that have none. If you need additional lod that has to look good when you drive next to it you need to do a whole lot of classic work in Blender to decrease the number of nodes, tris and materials while keeping the shape and shading as close as possible to the full model. Explaining how to do that equals to making a classic tutorial on Blender and fitting it in one post which is not possible for me. And on top of that I suspect that no one will bother with it after all. Besides Kunos already have the work done by including the "AC_Pipeline_PUB_Rev2.0.pdf" in your game. Look for it in "..\AssettoCorsa\sdk\dev\car_pipeline_2.0rev". If you are one of the rare kind who likes to learn new things and don't give up easily you need to learn the basics of 3d editing in Blender and apply that on the kn5 model of any car you choose.

In a word to answer your question it generally comes down to keeping the body, wheels, glass and lights very close to original and working on the other nodes - mainly the interior to make a low-res copy of it that the game can switch to. In the other thread I explained how to use the work that Kunos had already done with the official cars to make traffic mods for CSP from the official cars.

Latest News

Back