rF2 Marussia F1 @ Fuji - Sunday April 7th 2013

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
bit gutted as I disconnected AGAIN. i have some problem with rfactor 2 multiplayer in races and rarely survive all sessions. I heard someone say I went on the grass and disconnected - actually, someone said i disconnected before i did on my screen - by about 10 seconds. gutting as i was running hard tyres and was hoping to see how others would do later in the race. i let kevin passed without a fight as i hoped he was on mediums but could be wrong. my quali was ok but maybe with a better lap i could have qualified top 3. all in all, i think i'm more used to these open wheelers and had a lot of fun. thanks to stefan and all. I will upload my laps before disconnected.cheers and hope the race went well ;):thumbsup::cry:

So, you are so hurry to race that decided to anticipate the race within 1 hour?!?!
I hope you had fun, because I'm really disappointed with RD in all aspects.

:mad:

With blood in my eyes,
RR

So, you are so hurry to race that decided to anticipate the race within 1 hour?!?!

With blood in my eyes,
RR
i think there was an accidental mistake with the timing. the consensus was that if we didn't got ahead, nobody could race as it would be too late. as it happens, i finished very early lol
sure it was a one off mistake with the timing. sorry for you also.

With blood in my eyes,
RR
Sorry you missed out Renato. But Stefan made a mistake with times as he forgot the UK is now in GMT+1 (BST). We did say that he made a mistake with the times and we all voted on the server to say start early as most of us would have dropped out as it would have been too late in the evening and you would have probably had no one to race against. :unsure:

As my race goes, sorry to anyone I punted. My braking point was a lot later and that caught me out. :whistling: I was happy to let anyone back past I punted though. ;)

Had a great battle though with Ian after I got into my stride, was gr8 fun! I later span and as I rejoined track I went over a high curb which took off my front wing! Pitted for repairs which took 17secs.

I then had a big off which took off rear wing. Pitted again but repairs were gonna take 151secs so decided to retire. :cry:

Look forward to next time. Love the Marussia F1 car!! :thumbsup:

Renato Romero, hopefully you can forgive RD and us for this mistake, and hopefully you will be around at the next event:unsure:

I wanna thank everyone for the race we did, was great fun and did not expect this to happen on my first event:) . Craig was our fight ok? I thought it was clean racing, but I'm new to RD so like to hear from you if you think so too. :rolleyes: And had a good duel with kevin, also great fun, was great experience! Sorry to everyone if I did hit you and you thought it was unfair

good night and hopefully Renato will join us next time

Finished in 2nd (woo hoo), which was unexpected, as I'm not yet quick enough on this track. If everyone finished without issue, I maybe would have come 5th or 6th, but most of the guys didn't make it to the end. A couple more laps Stefan would have caught me on his SuperSofts, but finished just behind me, although he was much faster, he need to sort out his disco spinning.

I was only 2 seconds off the fastest lap, so quite happy with that. I also didn't make any big mistakes or even spin, which I'm pleased with also.

Had a good chat with Stefan on TS, more should join, we don't bite :p

Well done to Ian for the 1st win of the Marussia Club Races, I'm hoping I'll get you back on Sebring!

Renato Romero, hopefully you can forgive RD and us for this mistake, and hopefully you will be around at the next event:unsure:

I wanna thank everyone for the race we did, was great fun and did not expect this to happen on my first event:) . Craig was our fight ok? I thought it was clean racing, but I'm new to RD so like to hear from you if you think so too. :rolleyes: And had a good duel with kevin, also great fun, was great experience! Sorry to everyone if I did hit you and you thought it was unfair

good night and hopefully Renato will join us next time

You had a fight with Kevin :redface:, I was alway 10+ seconds behind you!

I had a great time. It has been some time since I really sat behind the wheel of a F1 car. :D
What I had was some practise behind the belt and I knew the track from the many GT races I had here. :)
I had a pretty good setup, but still needed to be gentle on the throttle. In practise did a solid 1:22.7 and had high hopes for maybe a pole, but Couldn't get a good lap together. Ian took pole in a stunning 1:22.1, which was almost 1 second quicker than my 1:23.1. Front row... in a F1 is not soo bad for a slow driver like me. :D
Race start was too cautious and lost 2~3 positions before the firsat corner. There was smoke and had to go wide to avoid a collision. I wen t so wide that I went with my left side in the grass and almost span to the right into the barrier, but could avoid it and was last.... I started on mediums and with my heavy right foot I span too many times which burned them up rapidly. I had to go in as the tyres were like driving on ice. I went for the super softs as I wanted to get fastest lap in the race... And I did. The super softs felt great and without pushing too much I was catching Craig bij 4~5 seconds per lap. When I was about 6 seconds away (after the pitstop it was 45 seconds) I was to eager to pass him for 2nd as the clock was ticking away ... 5 minutes to go... I span ...20 seconds gap.... closed it to 12 seconds.... span again and gave up in the last lap... Got the last podium position. :)

Cannot remember me being on the podium driving a F1..... or any other car. :D

Sebring... HERE I COME!!!!! :)

I started with mediums, but due to many spins and sliding I killed them within 8 laps. Went in after about 10 laps and got myself super softs which easily lasted till the end.
i was on hard tyres. my setup was ok and tried to drive without any damage to tyres. never had to worry about tyres before on a sim so it's great - a different dimension to driving - just like the real thing

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 493 69.0%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 302 42.3%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 327 45.8%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 154 21.6%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 194 27.2%
Back