AC Mazda MX5Cup @ Bahrain, Wednesday 24th March

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event

HF2000

Thou shall not pass!!!
Staff
Premium
1446052304-roa110115fea-specmiata02.jpg

Welcome to the RD Racing Club. This Wednesday we are racing the Mazda MX5Cup at the hot and dusty Bahrain International Circuit in Assetto Corsa and you are invited to join! Ideal for cabrio's, just make sure to use enough sunscreen! Let another one bite the dust!

Especially the new and inexperienced drivers are recommended to participate. The MX5 is easy to drive and ideal to let you focus and learn to optimize racing lines and cornering speed. The F1 season starts next Sunday here so join to see and feel what Lewis, Sebastian, Daniel, Max and others are experiencing. After you have raced here, you will watch the onboards of the F1 drivers with greater intensity and fun.

THE GT3 EVENT ON SUNDAY WILL ALSO TAKE PLACE HERE!

By joining here you can learn the racelines, overtake spots and even the brakepoints in a car that's less demanding than the GT3's and have a lot of fun at the same time.

BahrainGP.ef26fe5fece9ab2c793a4f44bb27c03a.png

All premium members can sign up for this event and slots are limited so make sure to tag a friend! This event will take place on the newly developed platform Simracing.GP and it's extremely easy to join!

Event Details
  • Cars: Mazda MX5Cup
  • Track: Bahrain International
  • 20.00 (19:00 UTC) | Practice (1 hour 20 minutes)
  • 21.20 (20:20 UTC) | Qualification (20 minutes)
  • 21.40 (20:40 UTC) | Race (40 minutes)
Register your car for this event
  1. If you do not have access to the RD community on Simracing.GP yet please send Bram Hengeveld a private message including your email address so he can send you a direct invite.
  2. Got access? Click here and register your car for this and other racing club events
  3. Please leave a post below when you are joining the race and it's always great to tag a friend so they are aware you are racing.
Important: s.gp servers are configured to start up only if at least 6 persons have registered.
So with less registered drivers the event will automatically be canceled at startup time.

Voice chat: Discord (speakers obligated, microphone optional)

Useful links

1. RaceDepartment on Simracing.GP
  2. RaceDepartment Club Regulations
  3. RaceDepartment Discord
Recommended App: Helicorsa (download here)

Click here for entry list

See you on track!

Last edited:
A message to all Drivers,

If you run off track, you have to check to see that its clear before you re enter the track. Do not just keep the gas pinned and pull back on track.

When entering the track from the pits, stay off the racing line until you are up to speed. Do not race on your out lap, let other drivers by. On re-entering the track stay off the racing line until you are up to race speed and do not block any fast approaching car.

Golden Rule
  1. If you hit somebody off the track and carry on like nothing happened, you take the risk of being banned for 30 days.
  2. Instead, you should always wait for the affected drivers, and that way you can be 100% sure you will not get a ban.
Track limits
  1. No more than 2 wheels over the white/yellow line without a lift of the gas please.
    You will be penalized if you break our rules
Note: Please use your full real name in Discord. Not doing so may result in you being kicked from the server if an admin cannot identify you as a premium

@HF2000 the day and date of the event is missing in the thread title this time. ;)

Of course it's always at SGP now and I double check there but this place is the first I have a look at all time, so in general I find it very useful, to have the main info also here.

I do like this circuit. I'm not sure how this car will go in the full track, but I guess it's worth a shot. Should be much better than the last race.

And what do you guys say? Is the MX-5 helplessly underpowered on this track? Could not find any time yet to give it a try

And what do you guys say? Is the MX-5 helplessly underpowered on this track? Could not find any time yet to give it a try

In not a very fast driver but I find it fits the circuit quite well, and it's fun to drive. I couldn't reach 6th gear on the main straight though, so if there was a way to shorten the gears it would be even better.

Let us know your impressions one you drove for a few laps!

In not a very fast driver but I find it fits the circuit quite well, and it's fun to drive. I couldn't reach 6th gear on the main straight though, so if there was a way to shorten the gears it would be even better.

6th is useless on every track in the MX5. Only on the long straight downwards at Fonteny it is faster than staying in 5th.

Not so much underpowered but the straights can get a bit boring, I guess. On the other hand it might be good for overtaking with slipstream. We will see Wednesday.

But I know that you are a big fan of the C9 and almost every other car is underpowered compared to that beast :p :roflmao:

Last edited:

I did a few laps and i agree with you, i like especially T9 and T10.

Guys,

I've set up a another test for the 2x 25min format with reverse grid. I could use drivers to help testing this. It can be found as a Championship at s.gp for Thursday .

It's also on the Calendar with a link.

Last edited:
I did a few laps and i agree with you, i like especially T9 and T10.

Yes, those are much more manageable than what they are in F1, though the lack of a reference point for braking in T9 makes everything quite challenging. I tried braking at the apex of T9 but that seems to be too late, at least for my control capabilities.

Last edited:
Not so much underpowered but the straights can get a bit boring, I guess. On the other hand it might be good for overtaking with slipstream. We will see Wednesday.

I did a race with AI at 90 +/- 5 and it was definitely possible to use slipstreams to overtake. Don't know how it will be Vs you guys :laugh:

Yes, those are much more manageable than what they are in F1, though the lack of a reference point for braking in T9 makes everything quite challenging. I tried braking at the apex of T9 but that seems to be too late, at least for my control capabilities.
I think that if you find out with the MX5 how to take T9/T10 it will help you a lot in practice for the GT3. That was my own experience with T1 at Road Atlanta.

Has someone been able to enter the practice server so far? I tried it today but got a mismatch. I entered with a fresh install of the track from the SGP link and I own the Mazda for a long time now.

Is it possible, the server has a slightly older track version but the SGP link has the newest one?

I don't have any other ideas.

Latest News

What does easier access mean to you?

• Free access

Votes: 43 70.5%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 17 27.9%
  • Better structured forum

Votes: 14 23.0%
  • Standard game content

Votes: 15 24.6%
  • No 3pa registration pages