Mobile Driving/Flying Cockpit with Motion and Tactile ( Build )

I dream with the day I can buy something like that VR headset but with double the FOV.
I think that is the dream of many.

But it's going to be a while.

Somnium's VR1 looks like it will be a real 125-130 and they have a VR2 in long term development with 120x160 FOV. Unfortunately that's likely at least 2-3 years away.

For uOLED in larger FOV's we may be 4 years out for single panels, with multi-panel designs possibly getting here sooner.

Last edited:
I was worried there would be an adjustment period. Nope!

I freaking love this thing! It is MILES more enjoyable than the Aero.
I have zero reservations about recommending this thing. Freaking amazing!

FOV feels great, comfort is great!

The color surprised me. In gradual transitions where the Aero would show some banding, the BSB was perfectly smooth.

75fps feels very responsive in FPS games. I could hit headshots all day long.
90fps feels even faster and much more responsive than the Aero at 90fps.

BigscreenBeyondTest_9333.jpg

To be fair I'm going to put some sim time on it tomorrow morning. Today was all room scale FPS.

Half Life Alyx looked AMAZING and I was running 90fps the whole time.

Alright, I'm out of the loop. What is so special about these VR glasses? Is it that they are DIY or do they have some features other's don't. Thanks for the guidance.

Alright, I'm out of the loop. What is so special about these VR glasses? Is it that they are DIY or do they have some features other's don't. Thanks for the guidance.
As far as I know, the selling argument is that they are small and light. The resolution and image quality are also good (but that's nothing we have not found in other modern headsets).

Last edited:
Explaining why disruptive technology is better, isn't easy. I need to find a common reference point to start from.

I will say that the uOLED displays are excellent. The blacks are pitch black which requires the perfect seal the custom interface provides.

The headset stays perfectly synchronized with my head allowing me to move my head naturally.

With the Aero I had modified how I move my head. By comparison this is very freeing.

I need more hours using it.

I'm very interested in the BSB but am hanging fire - at least until the audio strap launches. Until then, the BSB is only half the solution for me upgrading from an ageing Index. The smaller size is welcome but absolutely expected as VR headset technology matures and evolves - describing anything about the BSB as disruptive technology is a stretch.

I'm very interested in the BSB but am hanging fire - at least until the audio strap launches. Until then, the BSB is only half the solution for me upgrading from an ageing Index. The smaller size is welcome but absolutely expected as VR headset technology matures and evolves - describing anything about the BSB as disruptive technology is a stretch.
Then I haven't figured out the right way to describe it.

It is by far the best VR experience I've ever had! It feels so natural, the colors and contrast are fantastic. With a bit of supersampling it looks every bit as sharp as my Aero.

I've heard a number of complaints about the strap, but with that rear strap support, I find I can put this on in seconds. Granted that's after putting my IEM's in.

BTW the 846 gen 2's sound even better driven by that little Xumee than they did by the headset amp built into the Aero.

While I've been very happy with my Bigscreen Beyond, it is important to mention where YMMV.
  1. Some people are sensitive to persistence and a few people are VERY sensitive to persistence. I'm not noticing it, for which I'm very grateful. But it seems maybe 5% feel the need to drop the brightness back to 80% and a very small number of outliers feel the need to drop it as low as 40%. That would include SadlyitsBradley and one other guy so far on the BSB discord. Others like the VR Flight Sim Guy have boosted the brightness up to 130% so obviously it's not an issue for him.

2. There have been a few people who have felt the need to take a small chunk out of their interface on the bridge of their nose and Bigscreen is working on a version 2 with different relief patterns for these people. ( I'll get back to this point )*

3. There are different reactions to the glare. Most people in the Bigscreen discord say they notice it, but it's not a big deal. That has been my experience. For reference I never had an issue with the glare in the Index. So this is another subjective personal sensitivity issue. This can vary depending on what titles a person uses.

4. Some people feel that the cushion feels clammy at first and then disappears after it warms up. I didn't have this feeling. It never bothered me.

5. Most people consider the head strap a weak spot. They added an additional strap that goes across the top of your head to help. I ordered a 3rd party rear head support designed for the Quest 2 and that is working well for me. ( More about this later )*

6. Some people are having trouble getting the headset lined up properly. A few people complain that it takes them minutes of futzing. I'm able to get it situated within a few seconds.

7. Getting an accurate IPD measurement is critical. The facial scan isn't perfect. For some people it is, but mine was off by 4mm from my optometrist's far IPD measurement. You can very easily click the link on your facial scan received email to set your IPD to whatever you want after they have the scan.

* Head strap and headset alignment

The Bigscreen Beyond is very sensitive to the lens to eye alignment.

Most people find that the head strap by itself will tend to slide and that will affect the headset comfort if not alignment. I'm using a 3rd party Quest 2 head strap support to cup the back of my head and that holds position for me. This may also be a highly personal thing.

The picture of me wearing my headset a few posts ago turned out to be wrong in terms of positioning. I have it positioned at a higher angle closer to the top of my head and this changes the angle and pulls more up.

I found that I need to tilt the headset forward a bit compared to where it was in that image. That accomplished to things. It took pressure off the bridge of my nose which is a common complaint and it sharpened the image. Not only that but it removed an interesting artifact.

Weird Artifact I noticed in iRacing:
I spent some time changing settings because I saw a thick red line on top of all of the white concrete barriers on the track and on the horizon. At this point things still looked pretty sharp and clear, but it turned out that I needed to tilt the headset forward a bit. After I did that the dark line disappeared and the pressure on the bridge of my nose dropped dramatically. At this point I believe I found where Bigscreen designed the headset to fit on my face.

A couple other things in iRAcing.

I had to modify the rendererDX11.ini file changed the 0 to a 1 on the line below.

[OpenVR]
FixGetProjectionRawBug=1 ; Might help fix vertical eye alignment issues

The Xumee USB-C DAC/amp shows up as Headphone( USB 2.0 Audio ) and needs to be selected in game for iRacing.

Last edited:
  • Deleted member 197115

That sounds like quite a bit of fussing for supposedly individually tailored headset.
Something YouTube influencers failed to mention.
Thanks for your feedback.

My enthusiasm is certainly dampened. All a bit surprising actually. It seems , IMHO, that they have done all the hard technical stuff really well but couldn't be arsed properly designing a headstrap. Also not keen on the rubber face gasket, again seems like an unfinished solution. I'd like to see that wrapped in fabric. I'll wait for v2.

My enthusiasm is certainly dampened. All a bit surprising actually. It seems , IMHO, that they have done all the hard technical stuff really well but couldn't be arsed properly designing a headstrap. Also not keen on the rubber face gasket, again seems like an unfinished solution. I'd like to see that wrapped in fabric. I'll wait for v2.
I completely agree about the headstrap being a weak point.

It will be interesting to see how their audio strap works. I'll let you know when I get mine.

That said I was just playing room scale and had no issues. My headset stayed put and everything looked fantastic.

I think the bridge of the nose comfort issue is more related to people not putting the headset on their face properly and once they tilt it like they should not only will it feel better, but it will be sharper.

Teaching people how to put the headset on their face may be a bit programmatic.

The BSB comes in a 10.5x7.5x 6" tall box. Pretty tiny.

It appears that it comes from China in specific IPD's, they pull it from the box, do their Quality Control, then find a cushion for someone with a matching IPD and ship to customers.

IPDonBox_9343.jpg

Last edited:
"I never had an issue with the glare in the Index". Are you serious? I returned my Index the day after it arrived because the glare was unbearable. Playing Assetto Corsa was like a joke: I looked down to the dashboard of the car and it was more or less fine, but I raised my head a little and all the display was almost white.

"I never had an issue with the glare in the Index". Are you serious? I returned my Index the day after it arrived because the glare was unbearable. Playing Assetto Corsa was like a joke: I looked down to the dashboard of the car and it was more or less fine, but I raised my head a little and all the display was almost white.

Go figure! I loved my Index for 4 years and only noticed glare in a couple splash screens but never in game.

My Frogglez head strap is now out for delivery.
My ASR wheelbase mount still shows as Label Created.

I just mapped a key on my SteamDeck XL to Shift+Tab

1701000626791.png

This will allow me to get rid of the Steam Overlay that occasionally pops up when I'm starting up a game. The Beyond has no button on it to do this with.

1701000689774.png

Last edited:

Latest News

How are you going to watch 24 hours of Le Mans

• On national tv

Votes: 297 34.7%
  • Eurosport app/website

Votes: 241 28.1%
  • WEC app/website

Votes: 159 18.6%
  • Watch party

Votes: 67 7.8%