Modding Questions Thread

1-I want this new HRT to start from the best places of the grid,what did I have to change in the database for do that? -> F1 2012/database -> backup it. YOu should know how to open it know ;) So, open it. Go to: f1_drivers then search in it for: fake_qualifying_abilitiy
50 is the best, 0 the worst. You can see that for example Vettel hamilton and Alonso have a qualifying ability of 50. The HRT drivers have one of 5 and 1. Just change them to a higher value. Save and enjoy. beware that maybe your profile get damaged.

2-How can I change the photos of the drivers and the team logos? -> F1 2012/frontend Open: b_nonpersistent You'll need the PSSG editor from Ryder (http://petar.outer-heaven.net/downloads/ccount/click.php?id=25)

Team-Logos: -> Search for: lg_*teamname* (in the B_nonpersistent file of course). Export it. Make it the way you want. Save it. Then search for: bg_*teamname* It changes the background of the menu pic of the team (it appears light grey in the game). Same procedure. if you want, you can make it clean, that way youl'l just have the team logo.

Drivers-Pic: -> Scroll down in the file. Nearly on the bottom there are: card_image_*drivershortname, for example HAM*)
From now same procedure as by the team logos.

Ok I got it thanks so much for your help:D,but I don't know how to edit the files for the logos/pics with pssg editor :(,can you help me with it,guardian angel;)? I'm like a noob with that program

Ok I got it thanks so much for your help:D,but I don't know how to edit the files for the logos/pics with pssg editor :(,can you help me with it,guardian angel;)? I'm like a noob with that program

You just can export and import the pics. The buttons for it should be easy to see ;)

The exported image you have to open in a graphic program, i use GIMP with DDS Plugin and Paint.net.

if you got Photoshop, use it.

If you waant to use the free programs, you have to open the pic in paint.net, save it (overwrite) and open it with Gimp (with dds plugin). cause if you open it first in Gimp, there will coem an error... Why? Dunno. if you are ready you copy the whole image, insert it in paint.net and save. Thats everything, just import the image with the PSSG Editor into the b_nonpersistent.

You just can export and import the pics. The buttons for it should be easy to see ;)

The exported image you have to open in a graphic program, i use GIMP with DDS Plugin and Paint.net.

if you got Photoshop, use it.

If you waant to use the free programs, you have to open the pic in paint.net, save it (overwrite) and open it with Gimp (with dds plugin). cause if you open it first in Gimp, there will coem an error... Why? Dunno. if you are ready you copy the whole image, insert it in paint.net and save. Thats everything, just import the image with the PSSG Editor into the b_nonpersistent.
my hero:inlove:.....But sometimes says this:
Could not import texture!
Loading Cubemap is failed because not all blocks were found
What does this mean?

Got the switch! But Massa (Lotus) still has his Ferrari suit and Raikkonen (Ferrari) has his Lotus suit. And another thing, how can I change the drivers names(to like someone tha does not drive F1) and choose his helmet and change the picture in Quick race... When I tried to change the first and last name it only showed the last name and in the rac "X".. did I do it wrong?? I'm gonna try again! Wish me luck. (Help would still be needed with the helmet and picture thing)

Got the switch! But Massa (Lotus) still has his Ferrari suit and Raikkonen (Ferrari) has his Lotus suit. And another thing, how can I change the drivers names(to like someone tha does not drive F1) and choose his helmet and change the picture in Quick race... When I tried to change the first and last name it only showed the last name and in the rac "X".. did I do it wrong?? I'm gonna try again! Wish me luck. (Help would still be needed with the helmet and picture thing)
read my conversation with Benutzername and you will find the answers you seek :)

For the names: edit the language file, not the database. Youll need the Ryer language Editor.

Choose helmet: Copy and paste it into bespokehelmets, find it in "characters". Rename it to one of the Gen helmets. Gen_01 for exaple is helmet one in the selection menu

For the names: edit the language file, not the database. Youll need the Ryer language Editor.

Choose helmet: Copy and paste it into bespokehelmets, find it in "characters". Rename it to one of the Gen helmets. Gen_01 for exaple is helmet one in the selection menu
Thanks alot.. Trying it now

Why is this happening that the loading pictures that i imported and did myself are too big and only half of them is showing in the game? I resized the pic to 1024x1024 size then imported it to the pssg and only half of the actual picture is showing in the loading scene. :(
Because it's a bunch of work to get a correct loading picture. CM ****ed it up with their stupid system. The texture is resized in the game with different ignored borders.
Let me show you some raw examples:
left 2007 mod with full screen loading picture ingame (higher res)
right 1994 mod with centered loading picture ingame (with additional blank borders as the photos are low res)
6enfxme6.jpg
good luck and have fun :D

Because it's a bunch of work to get a correct loading picture. CM ****ed it up with their stupid system. The texture is resized in the game with different ignored borders.
Let me show you some raw examples:
left 2007 mod with full screen loading picture ingame (higher res)
right 1994 mod with centered loading picture ingame (with additional blank borders as the photos are low res)
6enfxme6.jpg
good luck and have fun :D
Already fixed it long time again before releasing my Telmex team pack, ML helmet me out with this one :)

no, I changed something in the database after the language, but after that it still worked. When I tried to change the picture again, that was when it happened. What now??

Have you made anything different in the db? If you changed the MSC for example in the database and not in the language file, it can appear.
The language file is unimportant when it comes to short_string_ids. Don't ask me why but you can leave the XXX untouched at the language file and just edit the db, which needs(!) a change within the b_nonpersistent.pssg [card_image_xxx] equal to the db.

The language file is unimportant when it comes to short_string_ids. Don't ask me why but you can leave the XXX untouched at the language file and just edit the db, which needs(!) a change within the b_nonpersistent.pssg [card_image_xxx] equal to the db.

I mean, if he wanted to switch the short name ids... MSC etc.
And he did it in the db. There will coem errors/mistakes whatever. You can fix it undo it, or if you rename the pics to the riht ids, cause the db makes the ids for it.

Thanks for the help... I got it right it was a corrupted pic... So I made another one, but it's working fine now, thanks. Another question, how do I increase the chance of a safety car?? It is kind of boring driving the whole race without a SC. On the bright side, RED flags are not a problem.. But still, answers for question 1??

Sorry, i've been bothering lately.

In career, when you look at the main hub you see the to guys driving for them(you and your teammate... in my case KIMI RAIKKONEN) how do you change your pic... you know, the one with the white helmet and suit, kinda like the STIG!

Sorry, i've been bothering lately.

In career, when you look at the main hub you see the to guys driving for them(you and your teammate... in my case KIMI RAIKKONEN) how do you change your pic... you know, the one with the white helmet and suit, kinda like the STIG!

Ahm, dont know exactly but should be in any of the files of the frontend folder.
Same procedure after you found it as with the other pics.

Your Safety car question:
I heard something of in the database... But it hadnt any effect in my eyes.
In "tracks" (i think thats how its called) (in the database) you can set how often the sc can come in every specific race. if you put it to 1, there could be no safety car or max. 1. 2 arent possible. Check out, if there is any to zero and change it to a higher number.

But that wont change very much. There was a higher safety car chance mod out there, very good work. A lot of changes are need, so i would install it instead of trying on your own.

If there is something which replaces some of your previous changes, you have to retype them (if the database is replaces and you want the qualfiyng abiltiy of driver xy different, you have to redo it in the saftey car mod database.

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 476 69.9%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 288 42.3%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 315 46.3%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 141 20.7%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 183 26.9%
Back