Modding Questions Thread

ok :)

So, As you have seen, this year, there are differents shape for helmets, which are based on real models (Schuberth, Arai). Alonso (or Massa or Rosberg) have a Schuberth one. And the helmet shape for career driver is a simple helmet, without anything special.
My wish is to put the shape of Alonso's helmet for the career helmet.

Do you understand ? :)

If you do that, you may well muck up how the bespoke helmet templates apply.

Best way to try this out is to apply a bespoke helmet texture to say Alonsos helmet.

If the texture is applied correctly to the rear fin, then changing the model won't be an issue. If it applies wrong, then there is no point in changing the helmet.

I think you'll find that the textures might well screw up.

ok :)

So, As you have seen, this year, there are differents shape for helmets, which are based on real models (Schuberth, Arai). Alonso (or Massa or Rosberg) have a Schuberth one. And the helmet shape for career driver is a simple helmet, without anything special.
My wish is to put the shape of Alonso's helmet for the career helmet.

Do you understand ? :)
Yes I understand now what you are trying to do ill have another look .:thumbsup:

If you do that, you may well muck up how the bespoke helmet templates apply.

Best way to try this out is to apply a bespoke helmet texture to say Alonsos helmet.

If the texture is applied correctly to the rear fin, then changing the model won't be an issue. If it applies wrong, then there is no point in changing the helmet.

I think you'll find that the textures might well screw up.
I Changed the Node Data last night and the Textures to a Gen Helmet and there was no change in texture after I halted the Node But I really do not know as Much with 2012 to 2013 Helmets and differences between the files not as much as you anyway ML;)

Well from what I can make out, the extra detailing on the helmets this year are stored elsewhere. It is still basically the same helmet as last year, but with added bits....vents, fins etc.

I've just reversed my idea, taken a bespoke helmet texture from 2013 and applied it to my 2012 helmet model and it fitted perfectly. This means if you change the helmet model for the bespoke helmets, all of the texures will not fit correctly as the base model will now be wrong.

This issue is because there is two "Generics" Overlapping in the Game.
To solve this issue for Example you need to swap the 2013 which is named "generics"
To the car you are swapping which is named Genericsc1.
I already have a file which is already Converted

This issue arises due to the generics of the 2013 and its node data are set to a fixed position in 3D Space.
And the Car you are swapping as Node Data inside the Lod itself.
So you end up with the Generics being positioned inside the 3D Space twice.
Just swap this Generics file out this will solve the problem;)
http://www.mediafire.com/download/my027ptv4j3sas4/generics.zip
Just make sure you keep the Original,

Sorry just looked This Mod is not possible from C01/C02
This generics I have just posted is for cars C12/C15
It his possible to do it with the C01/2
But you will have to make everycar in 2013 C01/2 And use them generics:thumbsup:
I have c0 generic folder renaming, and find the tires I need, but the problem is, when the car appears in the pit, and have ready on the tires, and the engineer when goes out to the track,put over other tires,then goes out with 8 tires

I have c0 generic folder renaming, and find the tires I need, but the problem is, when the car appears in the pit, and have ready on the tires, and the engineer when goes out to the track,put over other tires,then goes out with 8 tires
I Tried this out myself when the Game was first released I did the C01/C15 And did not have this issue at all,
Please just check the Files again ,, You need to change everything over in the Generics files also you need to open up and change a couple of settings inside the PSSG.
Because just changing the face of the file sometimes causes these bugs.
Once the game is loading If you have mixed file names this will cause you to have Mixed tires
;)

I Tried this out myself when the Game was first released I did the C01/C15 And did not have this issue at all,
Please just check the Files again ,, You need to change everything over in the Generics files also you need to open up and change a couple of settings inside the PSSG.
Because just changing the face of the file sometimes causes these bugs.
Once the game is loading If you have mixed file names this will cause you to have Mixed tires
;)
thanks again, I'll try:thumbsup:

Is it possible to extract the driver helmet shapes? I've opened the pssg but there is just nothing. Are they locked?

Always have been locked.

You can get them, but they would be useless to you at the moment.

Guys, do you know how to change the AI lap times in qualifying in the database?
Im running AI on expert and in race its fine, but in qualifying my lap times are much faster.

Thx

Download Ryder Database Editor, now open:
  • F12013/database/database.bin
  • Go down to the string: track_model. Open it.
  • Search column: p3_grip, q1_grip, q2_grip, q3_grip, race_grip. Correct values are between 0 and 1, higher means more grip.:)
Remember that this change affects only player :):roflmao:

oh great, so there's a way to modify the tyre grip only for the player?

It would be great if one feels the car is too glued to the track without affecting AI performance!

Hi everyone,

I am re-texturing Melbourne to see how modable this game is. I am a bit stuck finding a few files for Melbourne...

I am looking for some wall ads and the tire wall files. Attached is a shot of the wall ads I am looking for. I have looked in the patchup_ot.pssg, the tracksplit.pssg, and the patchup_ot2.pssg files. There is another sizeable pssg I can't extract textures from with Ryder's tool. I can't remember the name atm, as I am not at my PC currently.

Can anyone lend a hand?

Thanks!

][udson

[mod edit - There is a thread for modding questions here] :-

http://www.racedepartment.com/forum/threads/modding-questions-thread.68653/unread

Merging this post into it .....

Attachments

• missingfiles.jpg
    missingfiles.jpg
    177.7 KB · Views: 297
Last edited by a moderator:

Latest News

How are you going to watch 24 hours of Le Mans

• On national tv

Votes: 40 32.5%
  • Eurosport app/website

Votes: 37 30.1%