F1 2016 Modding tyre wear

F1 2016 The Game (Codemasters)
I've been playing around with the tyrecompounds xml to try and reduce the tyre wear, because for me it's way too brutal. I can drive better to reduce wear, but on some tracks it's still not enough.

I've tried shifting the tyres down, US = SS, SS = S etc. and for hard I just increased the value based on the difference between medium and hard. The values I changed were "WearRate" & "WorkEnergyRate".

I thought it was working, but now I'm not sure, I was hoping someone could test it for me or even inject the xml just in case, I had so much trouble trying to do so. I'll upload the xml and the ERP that I managed to inject the xml into, can you guys test this for me and see if you notice the changes.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B2wNzvedUH8NamV1X3pIcjItTVU

Why not just learn to drive smoother? Not only do you save your tyres but it's actually faster as well. The number of you tube vids I see of "fast laps" where they lock their brakes, understeer into every corner, hit every curb/grass etc makes me laugh as I wonder how long their tyres last.

• Deleted member 6919

Yeh have to agree with Paul, the tyre wear is fine, you can actually drive a few laps beyond the life span if you drive smoothly.

Thanks for your input, but it wasn't what I was looking for. If you read the post, I mentioned that I can drive much smoother, but ultimately my tyres still fall off way too fast. I'm using a controller too, so that makes things much worse.

I think I posted this in the wrong section. I'm looking for people who have issues with tyre wear and would like to test this edited xml. I've seen a few posts from people complaining and they all seem to get told to "drive smoothly" too.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.