Apps Model_Replacement. Insert.

Doug62

Premium
Hi all. Has anyone used the model replacement function in Content Manager? From what I can understand I should be able to add parts to a car like scoops, wings and even change rims and set it up so only the car skins that are assigned will show these changes.
For example;
[MODEL_REPLACEMENT_...]
ACTIVE = 1 ; set to 0 to disable the whole section (default value is 1)
FILE = model.kn5 ; name of KN5 to work with (to distinguish between LODs or track KN5s)
SKINS = red? ; list of skins to use replacement with (only for cars)

So the model in this case will only so on the Red car.
I've tried some things but are unsure what the file configuration should be. Like dose the config need to be in the Extension folder? If so should the kn5 file be in there to? As it states to keep the model (nk5) close to the config.ini.

Any help or a link to a car that has it working as a example would be great.
Thank you.

Haha.. yeah pretty straightforward is how it's basically said in the wiki. It's like anything, It's all easy when you know how.

As thankful as I am that you've posted it's about as helpful as a empty gas can when stuck on the side off the road with a empty fuel tank..

Is it possible to use this and just change the nk5 model off a complete car with the parts already attached?

You asked for a working example... and he did mention 2 of his cars that use this... Maybe download them and have a look
Yeah, I got that. Though I didn't realize at the time.

I did download the Porsche for a look. Unfortunately because off changing or adding parts to the car I had to make changes to 3 ini files. Plus to use config for lights and/or shader changes it was easier to just have the original as the parent mod.

Thank you for the help. It is good to know .

Latest News

What does easier access mean to you?

• Free access

Votes: 49 68.1%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 19 26.4%
  • Better structured forum

Votes: 17 23.6%
  • Standard game content

Votes: 16 22.2%
  • No 3pa registration pages

Votes: 16 22.2%