AC Multiclass Abarth/Suzuki/Mazda@TT Assen, Wed 17th January 2024

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
That was fun, almost missed qualy after I got called out of practice for.. well. ehm... a coaching session with my youngest son :cool: (*no sons were harmed during the process, just a hughe rise in frustration levels in the dad...)

Anyway, back could do one clean lap, not as fast as I hoped for, but okay-ish... Didn't get to my practice PB during past weekend, so no PB's tonight.

Race was intense. Start was okay, some paint scraping here and there, touched Kimi a little (sorry Kimi), but luckily he could keep it on the road. Got past a few accidents, gaining some spots, raced with Andre for a bit, then gave Rob a little tap on the back (sorry Rob), luckily he also kept it going, and then found myself doing a decent stint racing with Rob. Never ever found myself in third position during a race. On a rubber band for a few good laps, that was fun! Only to find myself being too eager, spinning off in the back, bummer... got back on and went straight to the pit, Han in my tracks to the pit. Then Han and I had some defending (me) and chasing (he) going, quite fun. The Beehive lacking power to pull away in the straights, but looking rock solid in the turns. Stupidly did a spin in the chicane entering the straight. Couldn't get fully up to speed to keep Allan off my tail, so went out of his way. Needed to calm down first :cool: .

In the end had Paul on my tail, but he was quicker (and a lot smarter) so I had to watch him vanish until the flag dropped.

Quite a lot of fun. Assen is not that easy for me to do just right, but always great to drive here.

Thanks guys, thanks Han, hallelujah to the podium!

Next!

Last edited:
That was an intense race! (for me at least).
I was even more quiet than usual because I'm currently ill with a sore throat. Sorry about that folks.

Started off very poorly, dropped all the way to the back by turn 1. Launch control failure... :rolleyes: yes.
After 3 or 4 laps managed to get back to a nice position following all the crashes and spins, but then could not avoid Allan after he had been punt off by *someone, can't recall* and dropped off to the rear again.

After a little more catch-up I managed to score a lot of entertainment watching Paul and Kimi fight for at least 20 min.
By that point I realized that I could actually be putting in better times if I was on my own so I decided to part ways with the fight and headed for the pits.

What followed was 30 minutes catching up to Raul, slowly, tenth by tenth each lap.
By the end I caught him with the help of Kimi and the last couple of laps I started to get my nose in that fight as well, but lacked the speed (and the skill) to actually make any progress there. Unfortunate climax at the end with Raul taking out Kimi and allowing me to gain 2 easy positions. Very unlucky for Kimi, I saw you defend like a lion for almost the entirety of the race, kudos to you sir!

Summary: good fun, happy to be back after a couple of weeks of absence!
Thanks Han for hosting it, good luck getting all those settings and mods again.

See you on the next one!
- Ricardo

Let me start with an apology to Kimi for our last-lap bump... sorry man. I've been chasing him for some laps, closing in but not finding a way past. Kimi was defending like Alonso and so it was a waiting game. I kept close trying to put pressure until a slow exit on T11 opened a gap going into T12, where I knew I had more speed so I had to give it a go into T13, being the last lap of the race... but the gap closed going side by side... with little space I couldn't avoid touching sand on the right and a wobbly return to the track, and so my car bumped yours and put us into the gravel. Ricardo profited very craftily from that (kudos man), he was closing in already for a few laps so I had pressure ahead and behind. I can blame it on the hiatus of a couple of months not racing but I won't, so apologies again.

It took me a while to get used to my new V2 pedals but the brake is definitely a step-up from my old T-LCMs (even with the 3Drap mod)... I do need to calibrate them again / better, especially the accelerator, it has a shorter throw than I'm used to (not as short as Jacques Villeneuve's 22 mm) so I'll be extending that one for sure.

Furhtermore I had a fun comeback race. I found some consistent pace on practice and snatched a good slot on qualy (thanks Allan for pushing me) ;) It was my first race with the bumblebees around me (what a ruckus they make) so I didn't know what to expect. I followed Paul's advise to take it easy around them at the start but that cost me a place. I got to work and found o a rhythm after a few laps. I had busy traffic around me and chasing the cars ahead made a small mistake exiting the fast corner before the chicane... I had two options, risk crashing into the barriers trying to get back or dive into the pits. The pit window was just open so I did the latter, got back into no-mans land but then I caught up with Kimi (who was fighting Allan and a Swift) during the last stint, but you know how that ended. Nonetheless it was a good scrap during the closing laps so, I enjoyed the race.

Thanks for organising Han and congrats to the winners and podium finisher's, hopefully I'll be able to get back into the routine of Multiclass wednesdays... I've missed you lot. :D

Last edited:
Well that has to go down as the most frustrating race I have ever been in.:( After being swamped at the start ( usual) I settled in to a nice pace in P4 and was catching the MX 5’s ahead. Then I got caught up in I think Rob and Thomas’s incident on the start straight that put me well down the grid and importantly behind the flying Finn Kimi.
I saw him pit so I used the clear track ahead to try to get a gap when I pitted.
But it wasn’t to be and I spent what seemed like an eternity stuck behind the Abarth with not enough straight line speed to hold him off but losing all my cornering speed advantage stuck behind him. It was a titanic battle and I eventually got by but had lost so much time fighting.
Now I had never really been the victim of an Abarth train as i usually drive one but this experience has made me reconsider whether I ever drive one again as the poor sods behind go through hell. :D
Seriously, well done Kimi for hanging on and defending like your life depended on it, well done podium and thanks Han for organising.

Let me start with an apology to Kimi for our last-lap bump... sorry man. I've been chasing him for some laps, closing in but not finding a way past. Kimi was defending like Alonso and so it was a waiting game. I kept close trying to put pressure until a slow exit on T11 opened a gap going into T12, where I knew I had more speed so I had to give it a go into T13, being the last lap of the race... but the gap closed going side by side... with little space I couldn't avoid touching sand on the right and a wobbly return to the track, and so my car bumped yours and put us into the gravel. Ricardo profited very craftily from that (kudos man), he was closing in already for a few laps so I had pressure ahead and behind. I can blame it on the hiatus of a couple of months not racing but I won't, so apologies again.

It took me a while to get used to my new V2 pedals but the brake is definitely a step-up from my old T-LCMs (even with the 3Drap mod)... I do need to calibrate them again / better, especially the accelerator, it has a shorter throw than I'm used to (not as short as Jacques Villeneuve's 22 mm) so I'll be extending that one for sure.

Furhtermore I had a fun comeback race. I found some consistent pace on practice and snatched a good slot on qualy (thanks Allan for pushing me) ;) It was my first race with the bumblebees around me (what a ruckus they make) so I didn't know what to expect. I followed Paul's advise to take it easy around them at the start but that cost me a place. I got to work and found o a rhythm after a few laps. I had busy traffic around me and chasing the cars ahead made a small mistake exiting the fast corner before the chicane... I had two options, risk crashing into the barriers trying to get back or dive into the pits. The pit window was just open so I did the latter, got back into no-mans land but then I caught up with Kimi (who was fighting Allan and a Swift)... you know how that ended. Nonetheless it was a good scrap during the closing laps so, I enjoyed the race.

Thanks for organising Han and congrats to the winners and podium finisher's, hopefully I'll be able to get back into the routine of Multiclass wednesdays... I've missed you lot. :D
Get the fanatec brake upgrade kit Raul. Much firmer pedal. You wont regret it. :thumbsup:

Get the fanatec brake upgrade kit Raul. Much firmer pedal. You wont regret it. :thumbsup:
Thanks for the hint Steve! :thumbsup: I though that was only for the V3... will look it up. Still getting accquainted with Fanatec hardware, the firmware updates are a hit and miss though... :confused:

Last edited:
Good result and pace. Shame that Allan spun early, could have been a close battle. After Allan spun I wanted to enable chat but hit wrong button and I got teleported to pits:laugh:. Glad I did not lose a lap but only five seconds. Was confused as I didnt know if I really was in the lead after that stupid button mistake. Thought it would have cost me more time and positions. Anyway, after that had a rather boring race as there was no fight so I tried to get a at least some good lap times. Got little bored and out of concentration and spun at last chicane giving Jason the lead and Ernie in strike distance. Most "fun" I had the last couple laps trying to keep Ernie behind which was nearly impossible because of the swift corner grip. Was a good fight but the Swift has so much more grip and after a little mistake Ernie could get me in last lap. But at least there was some fighting which kept it interesting at least for some laps.

Thx all and cu

Was going to bleat, but the reality was :- some of it was my own fault some just being in the wrong place at the wrong time.
And on reflection it seems few had an easy ride, with most having some sort of incidents.
So a thank-you to Han for the organisation, and I apologize to any incursion I may have had that I was not aware of. I was in a bit of a rush..
:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:
:)

Apologies accepted Raul. What a busy race for me, lap 2 I was P2 and really shocked what I´m doing this place. :) I pitted asap and it really didn't work so well but who cares when car don't have any speed at all. I basically drive 60 mins from my mirrors trying to figure out what Suzuki´s behind me going to do... :) Thanks for great racing mates, gotta be happy for P......10, I guess?

Last edited:
That was really great fun! I managed to be quite consistent for the entire hour and mostly kept my bumper clean. Racing with you guys during the week makes me wish I got off work a bit earlier in the day (I'm home due to a snow storm here in the south). Thanks for all the fun!

There was an incident in the tight hairpin (T4?) where I was taking the extreme tight line while 2 or 3 other cars attempted to race each other - Jason maybe? (Congrats btw!) somehow managed to make contact with me and spin. My replay didn't manage to go back that far so someone else will have to tell me what happened there.

After that the race settled down a bit. There was an excellent few laps with Bouke where I had to a bit of defending. 4th is as good as a win for me. I'm really just tickled that I managed to complete an hour race without losing my concentration and making a silly mistakes. Maybe it's because I drive an MX-5 in real life? :D

Last edited:
Guys, it's good to be back! The jumpstart for me was the track made me deside to jump in and have fun !!! Qually went a sort of oke but my racepace was a lot better getting into a rythm, but... i thought I could hit one of the tyres standing in the corner, which i did in my memory some while ago. It made me flying high through the air and after a very good start in 3rd falling back to 8th place. From there climbing up a bit and having a fight with Boukuh and Rob!

Thanx guys for having this good one!

Does anyone want to buy a PC, I am under the illusion it is worth £900????
It runs triple 1080p monitors at 144hz without trouble.

93A7FE7E-9C66-4E6C-91EA-77EF9B7294AB.jpeg

Last edited:
I think he said something about "cleaning the cabinet from spares/backups"?

And no, Ernie, I don´t want to buy a car. :(

Mabe if you were selling a BMW 330i MY 2019 with manual transmission, KW coilovers, satnav and full leather sport seats.;)

That could peak my interest. Well, not really as your PC is used to driving on the wrong side of the road .:p

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 24 9.0%
  • Monthly

Votes: 14 5.2%
  • Yearly

Votes: 20 7.5%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 4 1.5%