AC Multiclass Abarth500/Mazda MX5@Kazanring, Wed 31st May 2023

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
For some reason downloading the track stops half way and aborts the download. Tried twice. Anybody experienced a similar issue?

Speed was also abysmal so I'm resetting the modem and will try again later. Zero practice so far, we'll see how it goes.
I hope you can make it! If you want me to put it up somewhere, lemmeknow!

Track needs csp 1.75, runs without any problems with 50 cars grid. In a other hand I messed with csp settings and now my instrumens are all black...if someone can help me out I´ll be gratefull. Solved
Interested to know how you fixed that Kimmo, I have the same problem (not in all cars, but the Abarth most of the time). I run 1.75. Only way I can see the rev counter is to put headlights on.

Last edited:
For some reason downloading the track stops half way and aborts the download. Tried twice. Anybody experienced a similar issue?

Speed was also abysmal so I'm resetting the modem and will try again later. Zero practice so far, we'll see how it goes.

Downloaded fine for me first time.

Server crashed @HF2000 ? :o I saw it, clicked to join but never got in... then it dissappeared from the list. I only see Zandvoort and Barza. Gonna do laps offline in the meantime.

Last edited:
Server crashed @HF2000 ? :o I saw it, clicked to join but never got in... then it dissappeared from the list. I only see Zandvoort and Barza. Gonna do laps offline in the meantime.
It shuts down the practicesession first and then start the P.Q.R event.

Not really enjoyable this one... pedal fcukups with usb in qualy and apart from the warping, I caused a few crashes (sorry Han, sorry Stefano and sorry Steve). Didn't dare to draft, drove other (off)lines and touched.

Forget this one, on to the next...

Thank you Han for the effort you put in! Must be frustrating for you as well when things don't run as intended.

Last edited:
Apologies for leaving early, a race to forget for me - lost count of the Mazda's I hit, or scared the :poop: out of, and to Ernie too - the stuttering/ping was insane, couldn't judge a clean pass with cars moving around.
Hate driving when I think I've taken ppl out, hope the prob is fixed soon:(

Last edited:
Let´s put the "coat of brotherly love" about that one.

restart chaos,

first lap crash chaos,

the warping when cars come near to each other

(which is no excuse for my bump on Paul, I wasn´t alongside enough when he turned in.
The second try was even worse, i was alongside enough and outbraked myself so pityfull he must have been laughing his wheels of:redface:)

Nothing to write home about, pass me another beer please.....

A race to forget for me... :(
Not my kind of track, just wasn't able to get into a proper rhythm with it.
Did not have many problems with the track limits unlike others, so I won't complain about it.

Had a nice start and was following Jose (too) closely when I had to take evasive maneuvers at the last minute which lead to a spin, ending up all the way back.
Put my head down and as I was about to get back on Jose's mirrors decided to let a couple of blue flags pass me on the wrong spot - and I'm again point in the wrong direction. :mad:
Once again on the throttle and did manage to get back to Jose by the last lap, so at least there's that.
Both of my crashes were my own fault and I'm glad I did not take anyone with me, but I'm really disappointed at the silly mistakes that lead me to it.
Now: reflect, learn and move on to the next one!

On the topic of the warping: after the race I heard multiple people blaming the skins. I'm no expert but I have my doubts about it. A skin is rendered at client side, so that could cause issues with low-end PC users. Instead what we had here was warping (or net-code) all over the place: everybody saw it, not just one person. I typically have a very low ping (1 digit) and even tonight I saw multiple warps and my ping at the end of the race was slightly higher than normal.
So here are my 2 cents, or my educated guess: the root cause was the track. All the track cuts tells me there's a poor mapping of the actual race track versus what we are seeing on screen. I believe there is a lot of "prediction" involved in calculating where the cars are at a given time and of course the track layout is taken into consideration. If the track layout is messed-up then the predictions are off and a lot more corrections need to happen - hence the huge amount of warping. This may also impact the server somehow (more traffic due to a lot of wrong positions at the clients?) and everyone will see increased ping.
I'm ok with trying without the skins, but my suggestion would be to perform A-B testing and do it in a known track where issues have occurred in the past, or repeat this one.

Congrats to the podiums, thank you Han for organizing it and until the next one!
-Ricardo

which is no excuse for my bump on Paul, I wasn´t alongside enough when he turned in.
The second try was even worse, i was alongside enough and outbraked myself so pityfull he must have been laughing his wheels of:redface:)
Thanks for waiting Carsten, I was a little bit more cautious on the brakes there and as for the second attempt..........I thought you had the job done that time but was surprised when you didn’t stop:rolleyes::rolleyes:. But some good racing at the back, first with Steve and then Carsten, couldn’t get onto the back of Raul but apart from the warping I enjoyed my start from the back and seeing how far I could get.
Thanks Han for organising and well done podiums.

Outside the warping, had a pretty good race trying to stay close to andre and wayne. Couldn't catch the 1.33.xxS up front :confused: Super fast and consistent :thumbsup:

Interesting track. Shame we couldn't get closer together, some good spots to make an attempted pass.

This is 1 example of the warping and just plain server weirdness. Happened to most cars. And as Ricardo said, my ping wasn't jumping around when this happened, nor was I under 60fps

Thanks for hosting han and everyone else for racing. Let us know if you need us to test or do anything outside not running the skins next week han :thumbsup:. See you all next race

Last edited:

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 27 9.0%
  • Monthly

Votes: 16 5.4%
  • Yearly

Votes: 22 7.4%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 2 0.7%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 5 1.7%