Assetto Corsa Racing Club event

HF2000

Thou shall not pass!!!
Club Staff
Premium
1689873804733-png.681571

1689873993762-png.681573

Welcome to the RD Racing Club.

This week we go to a fictional but very nice track. Speedforce Raceway was originally a GTR2 circuit, but with the permission of the maker it was converted for AC.

1696168672335.png

SITUATIONAL AWARENESS is essential for clean and respectful driving in our community. You should therefore use tools like Helicorsa or CarRadar and CrewChief. The links for these apps are on the bottom of this post.

DISCORD. It's important that you also join us during the event on Discord for additional information and instructions. Link is below.

Go to https://acsm.racedepartment.com/championship/f1a4f789-f306-4bd7-9466-ce2334fa4106?server=0 using the Emperor account you have been given and register with your steamID.

If you don't have an Emperor account yet, ask for one by posting in this thread (only for premium members).

Especially the new and inexperienced drivers are recommended to participate. There are a lot of learning opportunities but without the intensity and stress of the GT3/4 cars or the endurance multiclass cars. It's also good step up for those kind of events.

Server information:

• Server: Racedepartment Server 1 Password: standard password, if you don't know that, ask for it in this thread and it will be send in a PM.
  • 20:00 CEST, 19:00 BST (18:00 UTC) | 60 minutes - Official Practice
  • 21:05 CEST, 20:05 BST (19:05 UTC) | 20 minutes - Qualification
  • 21:30 CEST, 20:30 BST (19:30 UTC) | 60 minutes - Race
  • Practiceserver available during the week. Same password.

Event details:

Useful Links:

Entry list:

I was just wondering if Han is pulling another of his "ja ja, this track is easyyyy to learn scams":O_o:
A few tricky turns, and once you know where you sink through the map, it’s okay :p (turn 1,5 aka turn 2: I hit the barrier, bounced back, sunk to middle earth aka ‘the nether’ and was teleported back to the pit >> tried to replicate it, but I couldn’t disappear there again, luckily)

Last edited:
Thanks for organizing Han and nice bar fight everyone :p

But I´d prefer if Han would do his admonishing "Papa Smurf words" before the next race :O_o:

Ricardo, don´t sweat it, it wasn´t a championship race, so at least me isn´t overly pissed.
You got mad pace already, the "hard but fair" fighting comes with experience.

Ernie, please don´t take the barn door in your bonnet personally, T1 was always a tricky one for me.

So let´s see which "easy track" Han has pulled out his helmet for next week.

( And please don´t let them vote whether we do the 2x25min race with mandatory car swap.
You´ve seen to what that can lead with our Bilster Berg Race. Which would have seen the same, if not greater amount of victims)

Nice track! Again! I Have new pedals, Moza CRP, now I can actually feel what im doin' :cool: . Need to get to know them a bit better, but allready giving me more confidence in braking, focus on trailbraking more, etc.

PB in Qualy, so that's cool. Pretty close qualy it was! Again a P4 for me, happy with that.

Race was cool first two laps, lap three was kinda eventfull. Dragrace to T1 with Robert, I braked late, I thought it was possible because I did that almost every lap, but Robert spun unfortunately. I'm not shure what to make of it, can you have look at it? I like to know whether I was too agressive there or not. If it was my fault: sorry Robert!! A few turns up the road, Andre and Jari touched, and I couldn't avoid a spinning Jari, so I went off-road into the barrier...

Back on the chase, with Andre on my tail, he was faster, but I could spend some time in his dirty air and managed copied him to get Carsten in an 'opportunistic' but nice pass :cool: , Later I almost took him with me, when I turned in to the right too fast. My fault I guess, sorry Carsten!

But it all found me back on chasing Kimi again. Fought great battles with him again for a few laps, but he's a real smart defender, so it took a lot of effort just to get next to him, only to find us back at the straight again where he could easily pull away. From T1 one same game all over again :confused: Great racing Kimi! But I was kinda stuck behind him so decided to pit.

I met Ricardo S. multiple times, when I was on my way back after my errors or the pitstop, great racing man!!

Then 10 laps or so I had a great pace hotlapping just to get to Ernie and Kimi. Later on Carsten and Ricardo P. in the mix. But then I had a really fast exit from the fast lefthander just before the long flatout righthander. I had way more speed than the Ernie-Carsten-Combo that seemed to struggle a bit on the inside. For a second I had no idea what to do with that speed so my dinosaur brain took over and found a hole between Ernie and Carsten. To sum up what happened in the next milisecond: I slipped, hit the wall and found myself back in the pit. Huh? Luckily Ernie was able to tell the tale to his (just assuming here - if wrong; my apologies) grand children :cool:

With three minutes or so to go, I went out and tried to get a really fast lap, but frustration is not good companion with focus. So, kinda okay laps, but still confused.

Anyway, had a lot of fun along the way. Again learned a lot, even practiced some patience here and there (but not everywhere yet).

I like my new pedals. Now keep training.

Congrats podiumcrew, thanks Han!

See y'all next week!

Last edited:
Nice track! Again! Have new pedals, Moza CRP, now I can actually feel what im doin' :cool: . Need to get to know them a bit better, but allready giving me more confidence in braking, focus on trailbraking more, etc.

PB in Qualy, so that's cool. Pretty close qualy it was! Again a P4 for me, happy with that.

Race was cool first two laps, lap three was kinda eventfull. Dragrace to T1 with Robert, I braked late, I thought it was possible because I did that almost every lap, but Robert spun unfortunately. I'm not shure what to make of it, can you have look? I like to know whether I was too agressive there or not. If it was my fault: sorry Robert!! A few turns up the road, Andre and Jari touched, and I couldn't avoid a spinning Jari, so I went off-road into the barrier...

Back on the chase, with Andre on my tail, he was faster, but I could spend some time in his dirty air and managed copied him to get Carsten in an 'opportunistic' but nice pass :cool: , Later I almost took him with me, when I turned in to the right too fast. My fault I guess, sorry Carsten!

But it all found me back on chasing Kimi again. Fought great battles with him again for a few laps, but he's a real smart defender, so it took a lot of effort just to get next to him, only to find us back at the straight again where he could easily pull away. From T1 one same game all over again :confused: Great racing Kimi! But I was kinda stuck behind him so decided to pit.

I met Ricardo S. multiple times, when I was on my way back after my errors or the pitstop, great racing man!!

Then 10 laps or so I had a great pace hotlapping just to get to Ernie and Kimi. Later on Carsten and Ricardo P. in the mix. But then I had a really fast exit from the fast lefthander just before the long flatout righthander. I had way more speed than the Ernie-Carsten-Combo that seemed to struggle a bit on the inside. For a second I had no idea what to do with that speed so my dinosaur brain took over and found a hole between Ernie and Carsten. To sum up what happened in the next milisecond: I slipped, hit the wall and found myself back in the pit. Huh? Luckily Ernie was able to tell the tale to his (just assuming here - if wrong; my apologies) grand children :cool:

With three minutes or so to go, I went out and tried to get a really fast lap, but frustration is not good companion with focus. So, kinda okay laps, but still confused.

Anyway, had a lot of fun along the way. Again learned a lot, even practiced some patience here and there (but not everywhere yet).

I like my new pedals. Now keep training.

Congrats podiumcrew, thanks Han!

See y'all next week!
Here's the pass Bouke!

:roflmao::roflmao:

Ha Ha for me good luck and bad luck, pitted once and took off before my fuel went in, yes it was that sort of race for me.
Then had to come in for another pit stop.:(
Rather hoped for a battle with Han, just cannot remember what happened, he was in front then he was not, may have been my pit stop.:O_o:
But I had some great battles, mainly with Kimi, hats off to him , he defended well. Kimi had some last few laps of luck with Carsten and Andrea joining the battle between us. So if those two had not been between Kimi and myself ?? still would , I think, have gone Kimi’s way.
Sometimes things just do not go your way.:unsure:
Carsten, I did not even realise a problem, just the difficulties of Mazda and Abarth close racing speed difference.:confused:
Which brings me into Andrea’s lightning overtake. It was like he had jumped into a GT3 car for that corner, I was flabbergasted at the speed difference.
Great overtake and impressive too, it was a 100% fair.
Not a good result, but I would have missed out of some great racing, so very happy.
This has become a very close racing championship. The Mazda drivers have mostly nullified the difference to the Abarth.
Where once there was Mazda tracks and Abarth tracks, this has disappeared.
I will wait till we are on a better known Kunos track and compare now to a year or so ago..

7C6FF6F9-ED4E-4E02-9739-0B1C321D4438.jpeg

Last edited:
:roflmao::roflmao:

Ha Ha for me good luck and bad luck, pitted once and took off before my fuel went in, yes it was that sort of race for me.
Then had to come in for another pit stop.:(
Rather hoped for a battle with Han, just cannot remember what happened, he was in front then he was not, may have been my pit stop.:O_o:
But I had some great battles, mainly with Kimi, hats off to him , he defended well. Kimi had some last few laps of luck with Carsten and Andrea joining the battle between us. So if those two had not been between Kimi and myself ?? still would , I think, have gone Kimi’s way.
Sometimes things just do not go your way.:unsure:
Carsten, I did not even realise a problem, just the difficulties of Mazda and Abarth close racing speed difference.:confused:
Which brings me into Andrea’s lightning overtake. It was like he had jumped into a GT3 car for that corner, I was flabbergasted at the speed difference.
Great overtake and impressive too, it was a 100% fair.
Not a good result, but I would have missed out of some great racing, so very happy.
This has become a very close racing championship. The Mazda drivers have mostly nullified the difference to the Abarth.
Where once there was Mazda tracks and Abarth tracks, this has disappeared.
I will wait till we are on a better known Kunos track and compare now to a year or so ago..

View attachment 698799
Thanx Ernia

The overtake came from setting the overtake 2 corners before that, making Carsten to exit just a bit slower through the last corner. Carsten had to defend the inside making me to enter the corner way faster. The best part was that Bouke could follow me in that action, well done Bouke!

The Abarth was coooooking the tyres (left front) in that corner.

(...)

(...)

Thanks!

Bouke, you were quite fast every time you passed me (3x in total I think) but I felt I was able to hold on to your rear-view mirrors further than usual.
This gave me a first row seat to your battle with Kimi, as well as a good look into the fight for the lead at the very end - you guys are unreal!

I had a rough time during practice and quali given that I had absolutely zero practice before last night's event but once I started to follow some of you guys during the race I was able to find better racing lines and chop of a couple of seconds on my lap times.

I'm happy with my race, all was going well and rather consistent until around the 45 minute mark. That's when fatigue settled and focus left. Ended up losing it on the second to last corner and went for a quick picnic on the grass. Dragged my sorry ass to the pits to lick the wounds and came out just in front of the leads.

Paulo you were going quite well until all of a sudden I see you just get launched into the side on the chicane. :confused: What happened? That cost you a lot of time but I did see you tried to catch up to the pack. If you had stayed all the way till the end I'm sure you would catch me - maybe there was a good fight still to be had there.

Track was nice, I enjoyed the flow of it, even through the more technical corners.
Good learning experience I recon! :thumbsup:
Congrats to the podiums everyone because the entire grid is getting faster and faster, every week I'm amazed at how close things are getting!
Thank you Han for organizing it and see you next week!

- Ricardo S.

PS: I'm starting to come around and think we might need to use nicknames or something else in discord because every time someone said Ricardo in voice chat I was always wondering: "Is that me or Prins?" :O_o:

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Monthly

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • Yearly

• Weekly at lan events

• Monthly at lan events

• Yearly at lan events