AC Multiclass Audi TT/Mazda MX5 @ BARCELONA

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event

HF2000

Thou shall not pass!!!
Club Staff
Premium
maxresdefault.jpg

1446052304-roa110115fea-specmiata02.jpg

IMPORTANT: We have some problems with running AC events from the RD community on s.gp. So for now we will probably use the RD servers for the race. You can still sign up on s.gp but the actual event will be run on a RD server unless the RD community/s.gp problems are fixed. This will be decided shortly in advance of the event. Either way you can find the server by searching for 'racedepartment'. More information on this topic can be found in the 3rd post of this thread.

Sign up for this event: https://beta.simracing.gp/events/FQUcTzfiXmjOQc9uAlI2_#cars

Welcome to the RD Racing Club. High track temperatures is what we can expect on the Circuit de Barcelona-Catalunya this week. Again preceding the F1 GrandPrix and our own GT3 race we're going to race on this well known track which is very popular for testing. It combines a lot of characteristics of other GP circuits and it therefore very suited for developing a base setup for the cars. In normal times the winter tests of the F1 are held here for that reason.

Especially the new and inexperienced drivers are recommended to participate. There are a lot of learning opportunities like overtaking and blue flag situations but without the intensity and stress of the GT3 cars or the endurance multiclass cars. It's also good step up for those kind of events.

THE GT3 EVENT ON SUNDAY WILL ALSO TAKE PLACE HERE ON THIS TRACK!

By joining here you can learn the racelines, overtake spots and even the brakepoints of the track in a car that's less demanding than the GT3's and have a lot of fun at the same time.

Circuit_Catalunya_2007.png

All premium members can sign up for this event and slots are limited so make sure to tag a friend! This event will take place on the newly developed platform Simracing.GP and it's extremely easy to join!

Event Details
  • Cars: Audi TT Cup/Mazda MX5 Cup
  • Track: Circuit de Barcelona-Catalunya GP (DLC)
  • Track temps: 30C air, 42C track
  • 20.00 CEST, 19.00 BST (18:00 UTC) | Practice (1 hour 15 minutes)
  • 21.20 CEST, 20.20 BST (19:20 UTC) | Qualification (10min Audi, 10min MX5)
  • 21.40 CEST, 20.40 BST (19:40 UTC) | Race (40 minutes)
IMPORTANT: Qualify is split (not forced, gentleman's agreement). First 10min for the Audi's, second 10min for the MAZDA's. Don't go on track in the window of the other car class.

Server Name:

• Practice Server: #04
  • Race Server: #05
  1. If you do not have access to the RD community on Simracing.GP yet please send Bram Hengeveld a private message including your email address so he can send you a direct invite.
  2. Got access? Click here and register your car for this and other racing club events
  3. Please leave a post below when you are joining the race and it's always great to tag a friend so they are aware you are racing.

Voice chat: Discord (speakers obligated, microphone optional)

Useful links

1. RaceDepartment on Simracing.GP
  2. RaceDepartment Club Regulations
  3. RaceDepartment Discord
Recommended App: Helicorsa (download here)
Recommended App: CrewChief
(download here)

See you on track!

Entry list: https://beta.simracing.gp/events/FQUcTzfiXmjOQc9uAlI2_#participants

Last edited:
A message to all Drivers,

If you run off track, you have to check to see that its clear before you re enter the track. Do not just keep the gas pinned and pull back on track.

When entering the track from the pits, stay off the racing line until you are up to speed. Do not race on your out lap, let other drivers by. On re-entering the track stay off the racing line until you are up to race speed and do not block any fast approaching car.

Golden Rule
  1. If you hit somebody off the track and carry on like nothing happened, you take the risk of being banned for 30 days.
  2. Instead, you should always wait for the affected drivers, and that way you can be 100% sure you will not get a ban.
Track limits
  1. No more than 2 wheels over the white/yellow line without a lift of the gas please.
    You will be penalized if you break our rules
Note: Please use your full real name in Discord. Not doing so may result in you being kicked from the server if an admin cannot identify you as a premium

Extra information regarding s.gp vs RD servers:

As most of you know we encountered some stability problems with RD community events with AC organized through s.gp. The people of the platform are working hard to solve it but until then we will go back to the 'old' RD servers. I'd like to point out that the s.gp platform itself is stable and that the problems somehow are related to the RD usage of it.
There will still be an event listed on S.gp to register and to be used if the problems are solved.

When using the RD server the consequences are:
- you won't get your chosen livery
- results are not recorded on s.gp nor are your stats updated.
- a staff member will fire up the race RD server manually at starting time.
- staff have more work to do for preparation.
- the s.gp event will be canceled just before it would start.

Our apologies for the inconvenience. We trust that this situation will be temporarily and that the problems with s.gp will be solved.

Last edited:
And my participation is in danger once more :(

AC has "forgotten" the steering for the Mazda Cup car ( and my favorite Porsche)

All mods and other Kunos cars work fine.
I had this problem once before when I was on a different steering wheel and the wheel is recognized in controll settings.

So I think there must be something wrong with the car folders.

This time around the "vanilla AC launcher" even denies to start a race, last time it did and the car wouldn´t recognize the steering.

So if i can´t find a solution till sunday I´ll vacate my spot :cry:

MFG Carsten

(and before you suggest that, I just tried the Audi. That thing is a little less fun to drive than the armored transport I was riding in the army :speechless:)

Last edited:
AAAnd I´m back :cool:

it was nothing wrong with the car files, but the error definetely wasn´t in the drivers seat either :cautious:

It seems that when you use "carspecific controls" and change the controls preset just a little bit things go pear shaped.

A hero member of a german SimForum hinted at the solution, i just checked, car is working again.

So, see you on wednesday,

MFG Carsten

( Someone doesn´t like my participation.
Now my "competition wheel" with the padle shifters and buttons has rattled itself apart :mad:
Seems like I have to go oldschool, wheel without any buttons and stickshift.
Whats your times, Mazda guys? Id say 2.05 judging from my 2.11s :rolleyes:`)

Last edited:
A quick question to the Audi guys: I started from the basic setup without changing too much, and I'm struggling with understeer. Tried to tinker with ARB front (softer) and rear (harder) but didn't solve. Regardless of whether I'm using the default or not, a constant situation I face is FL tyre is hot and RR tyre is cold.

Any advice from someone who already ran this car? It's my first time with it.. Additionally I never got to find anyone in the server and don't know how my laptimes compare to the aliens ones. However I'm quite consistent and that's good for me!

Omar, I have raced the Audi a bit and have a setup that's a lot more "pointy". I adjust it a little between tracks but I have not changed it on Barcelona as I am trying the Mazda this time.

I don't know if it's the fastest setup but it works for me. Are you going to be on the practice server tomorrow? I can probably jump on for a bit, unless some of the faster drivers can share their setup with you.

Omar, I have raced the Audi a bit and have a setup that's a lot more "pointy". I adjust it a little between tracks but I have not changed it on Barcelona as I am trying the Mazda this time.

I don't know if it's the fastest setup but it works for me. Are you going to be on the practice server tomorrow? I can probably jump on for a bit, unless some of the faster drivers can share their setup with you.
Thank you Douglas. I'm not sure I can be on the server as I've already practiced few hours in the last days, and I have some duties to complete this week :(
I'll see what I can do

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 480 69.9%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 291 42.4%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 317 46.1%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 144 21.0%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 187 27.2%
Back