rF2 Multiclass @ Sebring - Saturday 26 Oct 2019

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
At least I managed to get a few laps in ...I meant to change my break bios and forgot ....locked breaks going into a turn, had just past a GT3 so had to break late and keep it tight, that was never gonna happen ....very foolish of me.. but until that point in time, I had assumed that I had changed my bios...I soon realised I had not, but it was to late :(

@alexSchmurtz I think you was the one driving the GT3? if so I am sorry ..I hope I did not disrupt your race to much.

I hope you all had some fun :thumbsup:

Congrads to the podium :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: and a special congrads to all those that finished :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Hope to see you all next week :thumbsup:

Damnit.

I was so happy with my first ever pole, did not expect that. As a result, the formation lap was quite a mess (totally forgot it was NOT a standing start resulting the yellow car passing both me and @Andrew Harper). However, managed to keep the pace with them and even attacking in the end. Saw (I believe the Toyota) closing in lap by lap so that was quite exciting. Made a few mistakes, oversaw a GTE car (kinda like Vettel in Monza, sorry for that), and 4th. Then boom ..

Internet connection lost. Wished to have continued, however something went wrong either on my side or the server side... next time better

I'm sorry for my early departure, but I just can't drive these cars without becoming increasingly frustrated with each passing lap. I thought I might have better luck driving something else other than the BMW, and the Aston felt kinda fine in practice yesterday, but nope, race was exactly as frustrating as always. I just don't seem to know how to drive and/or set up these cars, they always feel awful.

Also, apologies for participating in the mess on the formation lap. I was watching someone go off and kinda forgot there are cars in front of me and a corner approaching :( Especially sorry to @danielevita who was stuck behind me, but I had to let @Daniel Nieto pass first, otherwise I would've gotten a penalty :(

Still, some fun was had, and of course thank you for the race!

Finally able to actually finish a race, no VR issues! Very glad just about this fact. Somehow I had decent pace in GT3 yesterday but today I was way over 2sec off pace.. Started 9th in class and got up to 5th just by surviving. Did get a stop-n-go for overtaking before the start- finish-line as we got a green flag before the last turn, that costed me some places in the end.

Nice fair racing though, always love multiclass racing and I hope we didn't bother the LMP's too much.

Thanks again Craig, hope to see you guys again soon!

I had a good race, can’t complain.

I think I could’ve done a 49 in qualifying but couldn’t quite stitch the lap together. However I was happy with P2.

The start was a bit crazy :) the pole-sitter hit his brakes coming up to the start line and in fear of getting a penalty I had to hit the brakes too (I would have passed before the start line). Which allowed third through into the lead. Haha.

Anyway a really good race followed, had lots of good battles which was fun.

My mistake was as I came into the pit lane I pressed the limiter and then accidentally hit it again.

I think I crept about 2 mph over the limit but I knew what was coming. Lol. Annoying as that’s the first time I’ve ever done that!

Had to serve a drive through after my stop so got that out of way and then just tried to apply as much pressure as possible to the leader. Well done @Magnus Dahlgren a great drive.

Two things. Something wasn’t quite right because every time someone left the race my game froze for about two seconds. And then I saw cars leap in front of me. It was really scary as I was worried I’d take someone out. Never had this issue before and my ping was fine. Odd.

Secondly an apology to the Aston Martin (final turn) and the BMW (turn three and four) I made contact with both of you, otherwise I had no traffic issues at all.

Last edited:

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 399 69.5%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 251 43.7%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 268 46.7%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 120 20.9%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 159 27.7%
Back