For this first impression, I simply will not buy. The sound is bad (sure), lower than some mods of the rFactor/Automibilista era. But I would even accept weak sounds and graphics if I had a good simulation of force feedback whell and pedal. In this aspect, the disappointment with Nascar Heat 2 was so great that I only buy 3 or 4 or whatever, if colleagues here praise the game a lot. I prefer to play Nascar 15, Nascar 2003 (Papyrus), Nascar SimRacing (EA) or Nascar in Project Cars 1 and 2.

I'll be the odd man out then. Looks plenty fine to me and sound is liveable although I wouldn't mind some more growl. In-car sound is where it''s at though...

Still don't understand how NASCAR 2003 looks better for his age, even PS2 EA's NASCAR titles look way better than this, i played NASCAR 2007 last week and there are effects like sparks and damages that are superior than recent titles

What they should have done is licensed a physics engine from ISI and used Unreal Engine 4. That may just be an oversimplification. But jeez. I hope it looks better later on... If it has VR, that might make it worth it, if it has at least half way decent physics.

NASCAR Heat 3 1.jpg NASCAR Heat 3 2.jpg NASCAR Heat 3 3.jpg NASCAR Heat 3 5.jpg NASCAR Heat 3 6.jpg NASCAR Heat 3 4.jpg
As the worldwide release of NASCAR Heat 3 draws ever closer, 704Games have revealed more about the online features of this upcoming new title.

Set to be the third instalment of the officially licenced NASCAR racing franchise from 704Games and legendary NASCAR game developers Monster Games, the developers certainly have plenty riding on the success of Heat 3, something that it appears they have taken seriously during the development cycle of the new title.

With many improvements and expansions to the depth of the game content already revealed, 704 have now just released a new video that showcases some of the online feature improvements in Heat 3, an area of the series that has been somewhat underwhelming in previous editions it is probably fair to admit.

Of course it is 2018, so obviously any new racing title has to have some sort of reference to organised online play and the new buzz word of our hobby, eSports.. and NASCAR Heat 3 looks to be no exception to this growing trend. Featuring money prizes and opportunities to visit real world NASCAR events, the online aspect of the title looks to be something of a step forward from 2017's release into the long running franchise, more of which is explained in the trailer video at the head of this article.

With only 3 days to go until release, are you excited for NASCAR Heat 3 yet?

NASCAR Heat 3 will release on Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC September 7th 2018.

Have a look over at our NASCAR Heat 3 sub forum for the latest news and discussions about this upcoming game, and don't forget to leave a comment in our NASCAR Heat 3 Wish List thread and let the developers know what you want to see included in the next and future editions of the series..

Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

Last edited:
NH3_Launch_Screens_04.jpg

704Games have released NASCAR Heat 3 on PS4, Xbox One and PC.

Releasing today and retailing for approximately £32.99 (Steam), NASCAR Heat 3 is the third instalment to the official NASCAR racing game licence by 704Games, and with it comes not just the main Monster Energy NASCAR series and supporting categories from the NASCAR Xfinity Series, Camping World Trucks and a fantasy dirt oval based category.

For fans living (or willing to travel to) America, new boxed copies of the game also come complete with a $50 voucher to attend a real NASCAR race, which makes for a nice bonus for fans of the hugely popular US racing category.

I received my review copy earlier today, so keep an eye out in the coming days on our YouTube channel for a full review and some in game footage from this new title.

NH3_Launch_Screens_03.jpg
NH3_Launch_Screens_05.jpg

NASCAR Heat 3 Features:
  • Xtreme Dirt Tour - In addition to the 3 NASCAR National Series (NASCAR Camping World Truck Series, NASCAR XFINITY Series, and Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series), players can sling some mud in this all-new dirt fantasy series.
  • Online Tournaments - Compete against others from across the globe in daily and weekly tournaments. Lay down a great race time and qualify for the Finals in your skill bracket. Win your bracket for ultimate bragging rights.
  • 8 New Tracks - 8 all-new dirt tracks, including dirt racing at Bristol Motor Speedway and NASCAR Heat’s first ever dirt road course. The final Charlotte Roval layout and the overhauled ISM (formerly Phoenix) Raceway have also been added.
  • Deeper Career Mode – Make a name for yourself in the all-new Xtreme Dirt Tour and advance to NASCAR’s 3 National Series. Sign contracts with some of the biggest teams in NASCAR or start your own team, build your own staff, and see if you can bring home the Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series Championship.
  • Stories – Before the green flag waves, get live-updates on your race. Watch as a driver gets sent to the back for a technical violation. Get updates on who’s having a good weekend, and who’s struggling.
  • Racing Line – Practice now includes a racing line that gives real-time feedback on the optimal line and speed to run at your current track.
  • AI Enhancements – AI pit behavior has been revamped. AI difficulty has also been tuned to provide a challenge to players off all skill levels.
  • Pre-Made Car Setups – For those who want a faster car, but don’t like tuning in the garage, NASCAR Heat now offers 9 pre-defined car setups, including 3 loose and 3 tight setups.
  • Plus, so much more…

NASCAR Heat 3 is available now on Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC.

NH3_Launch_Screens_06.jpg NH3_Launch_Screens_07.jpg NH3_Launch_Screens_07.jpg NH3_Launch_Screens_07.jpg NH3_Launch_Screens_10.jpg NH3_Launch_Screens_11.jpg NH3_Launch_Screens_08.jpg NH3_Launch_Screens_09.jpg

Have a look over at our NASCAR Heat 3 sub forum for the latest news and discussions about the game.

Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

Have you tried NASCAR Heat 3 yet? What do you think of the game? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
me gustaria poder jugar nascar heat 3 pero alparecer se be muy bueno y soy un gran fan de nascar y todo el deportemotor
Mod Edit:
This is an English speaking forum please use Google translate if your posting.
I would like to play nascar heat 3 but apparently it is very good and I am a big fan of nascar and all the motorsport

Last edited by a moderator:
What’s everyone’s thoughts on this? Havent played the previous heat games. Been meaning to check out these games though. Would like to know if it plays well on a wheel on my PC.

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 513 68.6%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 317 42.4%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 337 45.1%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 167 22.3%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 201 26.9%
Back