Need For Speed: SHIFT & SHIFT 2 Unleashed

Download: Shift-Wipe Out MOD 1.1

Downloads: A new file has been added by arachnus:

Shift-Wipe Out MOD 1.0

This mod was made to improve performance in need for Speed Shift when running in ATI´s cards, Nvidia´s and processors less powerfull!

Other intent is to give shift a more cleaner and lighter look, turning the visual fron "a festival day" to a normal "trainning racing day"

Most tracks were lightly modded, i removed just a few scenery objects, ads, advertising and propaganda

but a few ones, needed a extreme makeover, like Dakota, Tokyo and laguna Seca, to achieve a better FPS rating and CPU flow!, evem doing this Dakota still lag a little, less than before of course!

But the real objective was to get rid of that mechanics, in starting grid, now just the Grid-Girls stays with you in the start of the race, and remove many animations that was CPU consuming!

IMPORTANT:

This mod is only for "-loose", (uncompressed) version of SHIFT, you´ll need the shortcut with the parameter "-loose" and the game fully uncompressed to install this mod!

Use at your own risk

All the instructions is inside the pack, in the read-me file.

You can do whatever you want with this files, but if you´ll share and/or publish in other places, please just mencion my credits OK!

And let me know what you thought about this!

thank you and enjoy!

Problems with MS Sidewinder FFB wheel

Can someone please shed some light on why the ffb on my wheel only works as it should only once in every ten races?

im running xp and have tried using the xp built in drivers and also tried the original 4.0 drivers on disc. Also tried calibrating and using various different settings.

The feedback is working but just rattles badly in most races. Im guessing this is because it is not supported by shift and maybe time to buy a new one!

Shame because there actually quite popular still as oppossed to the more expensive range.

Is anyone out there actually using one of these wheels with no problems? :thinking:

I'd be surprised if it was lack of official support for the wheel. My 12 year old Thrustmaster isn't officially supported either and uses drivers dating back to 2003, yet it still works fine.

Have you tried using any of the controller profiles people have posted, or editing it yourself?

i know it's not the greatest of wheels, but would anyone happen to have a tweaked profile or some recommended settings for a thrustmaster f430 please?

Trying to make "installer" from/for wipe-out mod (or bling mod) has no success. Why? With other mods have no problems...

It looks like a file cannot get compressed, I fixed that and updated the download file. Please download it again and let me know if there's any other problems.

Thanks.

BTW, the generated installer is 1.1 MB, 44% smaller than the original mod file.

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 546 68.7%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 344 43.3%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 363 45.7%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 184 23.1%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 214 26.9%
Back