Need For Speed: SHIFT & SHIFT 2 Unleashed

It was a good race, congrats to Peter on his win. I could run a few fast laps there at Zolder, but just didn't have the consistency and the couple of corner penalties I got for aggressively attacking the curbs in the chicanes didn't help matters. But as expected the crew put together a great car and I'll be looking forward to our next race. I still need to to tune on the wheel a bit, I feel like that will help with our consistency over long runs.

Now that I have played shift2 and also how what the TX feels like, putting them together is going to be absolute nirvana. IF it ever gets here. lol. I still have a bit of delayed reaction on my wheel and some float. Not sure I could ever get rid of it entirely. It's better with the GT3 cars.

I like how Hemps made the NASCAR move on you during the first part of the pace lap. :thumbsup:

It looked like Michael was going to take a defensive line through the last chicane on lap eight, but all of the the sudden he veered right and you were able to get by. Nice smooth lines. However, I didn't realize you sideswiped the wall also on lap eight! :confused:

I like how Hemps made the NASCAR move on you during the first part of the pace lap. :thumbsup:

It looked like Michael was going to take a defensive line through the last chicane on lap eight, but all of the the sudden he veered right and you were able to get by. Nice smooth lines. However, I didn't realize you sideswiped the wall also on lap eight! :confused:
lol Yeah but not on his screen. I commented on that after it happened and there was no contact for him.

Yeah I used the sideways view to check Michaels position and then got disoriented and veered to the right into that wall lol. That side glance is handy but takes getting used to as it has the effect at times of fooling your brain into thinking you are not going straight so automatically move the wheel to compensate... I use it sparingly for that reason.

lol Yeah but not on his screen. I commented on that after it happened and there was no contact for him.

Yeah I used the sideways view to check Michaels position and then got disoriented and veered to the right into that wall lol. That side glance is handy but takes getting used to as it has the effect at times of fooling your brain into thinking you are not going straight so automatically move the wheel to compensate... I use it sparingly for that reason.

Yea, I use that not at all. lol. It's very disorienting. I have seen the revamp in pCARS and its much better, since it's much quicker and you have decent mirrors and of course 1080p. Looks like you came off the wall nicely though.

Yeah it wasn't a big buump because I was pretty much parrallel so bounced off and it just cost me a little bit of time which I quickly made up over the rest of the lap. That second sector in particular was my friend for pretty much the whole race and I was able to find time there regularly.

Last edited:
Yeah it wasn't a big buump because I was pretty much parrallel so bounced off and it just cost me a little bit of time which I quickly made up over the rest of the lap. That second sector in particular was my friend for pretty much the whole race and I was able to find time there regularly.

I noticed that. The $100 wheel looks like a $500 wheel and vice versa. :mad:

Shift2 International GT Series
Dakota 1.5 Mile Tri-Oval (Day)

April 18, 2015 @ 9:30pm GMT; 5:30pm EDT U.S.
For previous results, you will have to scroll back through the Shift2 general thread. For, future results and standings, they will follow the particular race thread, even if it is merged with the general Shift2 section.

The game is very inexpensive, around six quid. To participate you should download the DLC that unlocks ALL of the cars (not cars and tracks, but that's cheap too). It's very inexpensive, about six quid also, and worth every penny. This can be avoided by buying the cars with game cash.

XBOX 360 SERIES
Race Director: Robert Waddell
Race Steward: Railer Cantrell

Your host will be OctoberDusk06 and this race is open to all who wish to participate, whether a full time driver or not.
Base Setups are tunes for each car available here: http://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/renown-tuning-unleashed-™.196236/
Tuning Explanations are available here: http://www.racelinecentral.com/RacingSetupGuide.html

NOTE: ALL CARS ELIGIBLE TO RACE CAN BE UPGRADED IN ANY WAY YOU WISH, EXCEPT NITROUS AND TURBOCHARGERS ARE NOT ALLOWED, TO A TOTAL "B" RATING AT ITS MAXIMUM WITHOUT TURBO AND NITROUS.

1. The first race will be in time attack mode with the Hardest A.I. filling out the field. The time will be set to "long" which is about 8 minutes on most tracks. Standing start and no restarts. The A.I. will not be included in the standings, but they are "part of the track" so to speak, so contact with them is never faulted. The finishing order of this race is the lineup (in order of finish), for the next race. Full points for this race.

2. The second race will be a rolling start with a parade lap so that wheels can be fixed and we can get in the proper order from the first race. Single file start with no A.I. The number of laps will be as close to 45mins. as possible, according to the fastest A.I. ties. Points will be as explained below with no points in either race for pole or fastest lap.

3, No cautions, as damage will be off.

Points System:
Points: 1-25; 2-18; 3-15; 4-12; 5-10; 6-8; 7-6; 8-4; 9-2; 10-1
(Each Race scores points)

Notice To: @Peter Hooper, @Railer Cantrell, @Matthew Booth, @Karl Fuss, @Wessel Slagter, @Chris Hempsall, @Michael Watts, @Vence Alfred, @mcnasty1

NOTE:
- The game will not allow pit stops
- Damage will be “ON
- Collisions will be “ON”
- Tuning will be allowed.
- No assists; helmet or cockpit view only.

NOTE We ask that you record your own race (it's an option at the end of the race and goes away if you are not careful. Since races will be recorded, all contact, whether intentional, unintentional or protested, *will be* reviewed (if possible) by the director and Chief Steward for any driving infractions and unsportsmanlike conduct.If the Director or Chief Steward is involved, it will be reviewed by a randomly chosen third party, along with another non-involved party. The least severe punishment decided will be issued (or none at all) and appeal may be made.

Please review the League Introduction Page for a complete list of Rules and Sporting Regulations for these races. This can be found here.

Eligible Cars For This Race:
Chevrolet Camaro SS
Ford Shelby Mustang 500
Dodge Challenger Concept

Driver Signup:
1. Robert Waddell / OctoberDusk06
2. Michael Watts/ michaei watts

Last edited:
****Note that we have increased the class restriction up one level to "B" class (max you can go in any combination) for this track. No Turbo or Nitrous allowed, though.

Last edited:
Managed to get down to a 35.4 for this track, but that last corner I'm still having to shift and gives me trouble. Any advice on gearing? Seem like you have to shift to keep momentum out of the corner, but that in turn slows down speed in. I may try just gliding in and then hitting the throttle later. Very fun track. All three corners are different.

Strange I didn't get a Notice for this Robert.
Michael Watts/ michaei watts
...as far as gearing goes I have it red-lining in 6th before the end of the straights. I adjusted the gearing until I felt like I didn't have to shift, because like you said you lose so much momentum shifting in these cars.
also, I think you have to use the Turbo upgrade (there's already superchargers or turbos on these cars) to achieve the 1499 top out of B class. I'd be more than happy to share my build with you. I don't know if you would care for my Setup because its very "free" and uncomfortable so not as to bog the car down, but there is more risk of spinning.

Strange I didn't get a Notice for this Robert.
Michael Watts/ michaei watts
...as far as gearing goes I have it red-lining in 6th before the end of the straights. I adjusted the gearing until I felt like I didn't have to shift, because like you said you lose so much momentum shifting in these cars.
also, I think you have to use the Turbo upgrade (there's already superchargers or turbos on these cars) to achieve the 1499 top out of B class. I'd be more than happy to share my build with you. I don't know if you would care for my Setup because its very "free" and uncomfortable so not as to bog the car down, but there is more risk of spinning.

@Michael Watts Sorry, but no turbos, even if it means you can't get to the top of the class. So basically, you can upgrade everything else but nitrous and turbo. I'm trying to keep it as NASCARish as possible. If the cars have turbos I don't want to add to the debacle. My car is less than 1499.

I'll try your suggestions. I can't seem to get the redline to not peg for a short enough period of time to make it worth not shifting. Maybe that's because of the lack of turbo? In any case, that's sort of what I was aiming at. Riding around in one gear is boring. I know they do it, but I'm trying to make this more like Pocono than Fontana. I was able to get within about .6 of your best time but I still have some work to do on the timing.

Looks like I've been out of the loop for this :confused:. Checked Thursday morning to see if a race was posted and when it wasn't assumed we were still in a work schedule conflict so it was being put back. Haven't received any alerts for it despite my name clearly being in the signup thread and the one just above too. Very odd :O_o:.

Anyway, no car ready and no practice at all so if either of you can let me know exactly what upgrade to make to keep the car legal i'll do it and try to make it tonight just to make the numbers up but be aware i'll be learning the track as we go :unsure:.

Pretty frustrated at the moment having got on just now after spotting the race thread and buying the Dodge Challenger Concept only to find that it replaced the one I had in the garage which I upgraded specifically for Hazyview.. I thought I could simply have another that I could upgrade for Dakota rather than have it replace the first one.. crazy design decision in my view :thumbsdown: So am I right in thinking that you have to keep replacing the car and spend money to upgrade each time you go to a different track :poop:.

Also very confused about the whole upgrading system in the game. Scrolling through the various options and I could see the way that it would effect the car class in the details below but even though a particular component keeps the car within the same class according to those details when I select it the warning comes up to tell me it would take it out of the current class... Huh!! :confused:

Messing about for ten minutes I seem to have managed to waste thousands without realising it.

Anyway, out much of today but i'll check back here later.

Oh ok, I can take the turbo off. I tried shifting but it just upsets the car's momentum to much at that track. Pocono would be a good track to do that with.

Mike, with my upgades, no turbo, I tried your method of no shifting and it works better! So It's flat out anyway. It's only 3 points away from max. I think 1497. Basically Peter, just add everything but Turbo and nitrous to the max. I'll give you a tune, and you will have a blast here, I promise, There is a dark line in the oval that you can follow. A few laps and you will be in the groove! One "practice" race anyway. To qualify. I'll try to get on early. It's a great track.

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 489 69.1%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 299 42.2%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 324 45.8%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 153 21.6%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 193 27.3%
Back