New Computer.

Bonehead

Premium
I hope I did the right thing for my new rig setup with Rift S. $1,150.00 in the United States, and please be kind as I am clueless, however I spent days researching for the best computer I could afford with great ratings. GuLp! :) Sorry about the bold text in advance.

SkyTech Legacy II - Gaming Computer PC Desktop – Ryzen 7 2700 8-Core 3.2 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 Super 8GB, 1TB SSD, 16GB DDR4, AC WiFi, Windows 10 Home 64-bit

Attachments

• 61ulgj1lFEL._SL1228_.jpg
    61ulgj1lFEL._SL1228_.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 77
I just built the same PC (except i5-8400 cpu) you’ll be quite happy with the performance.
I do have sticker shock though they’re getting $1,150. I’m in Florida and paid around $750 for everything.
I could never buy a prebuilt again.

Upvote 0
I'm in Florida also (Sebring), and I have no clue on how to build a computer. Thanks for the performance anticipation!
It's really not that hard to do to be honest. Check out the likes of Jayz two cents on YT to get a feel for if you think you'd be able to manage. The money you save on the desktop can be put to the upgrades you'll do to your setup sooner or later

Upvote 0
The reason I am building all of my computers by myself is, that I can freely choose components and brands. I check all possible variants, check compatibilities and try to get the best bang for buck.
I am particular on the computer cases, the RAm timings, the GFX card clocks, etc.
Plus I would never buy a full Windows 10 version for retail price! I go to Ebay and purchase a license for a few quid ( < 10€) from re-sellers (not used licenses from dismantled computers).

If you are not adept and/or do not want to invest any time in thinking this through, I would suggest to go for a ready made solution from a knowledgeable and known seller. Of course they want to be paid for their efforts in building and configuring the computer. DIY was always cheaper, but more time-consuming. You will get a ready-to use product from a builder.
Truth to be told I enjoy such builds, the anticipation to build it and the insight I gain if problems arise.

Upvote 0

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 36 8.3%
  • Monthly

Votes: 20 4.6%
  • Yearly

Votes: 29 6.7%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 3 0.7%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 2 0.5%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 10 2.3%