New HE sprint elastomer kit

Hello all,
I see that Heusinkveld has recently released their revised elastomers for HE sprint pedal bases. These are the same elastomers on newer sprint bases (Post December 2021) and used on Ultimate+ sets. I have decided to order them to try out myself however I was wondering what sort of experience other users have had with this product? Given HE's history I don't think I will be disappointed.

Got my new elastomers setup last night. I am using the medium hardness setup (~50% travel @ 50kilo). I must say my first impressions are quite good. The biggest thing I have noticed is the return rate when beginning to bleed off the brake. Having a different feel upon loading up the brake is quite nice as well, whereas the original rubbers had a uniform feel across the whole range.

After about 20-30 minutes of getting used to the new feel I was able to shave off about .350 from my PB's at silverstone. Looking forward to braking these in further.

Last edited:
Do these work for the earlier Pro variant of the pedals, too? Or are the sizes incompatible. Probably a good idea to have a spare set on hand considering the stories of people breaking theirs.

Do these work for the earlier Pro variant of the pedals, too? Or are the sizes incompatible. Probably a good idea to have a spare set on hand considering the stories of people breaking theirs.
That I am not sure, I would recommend emailing support. Before the elastomer kit was released for sprint I actually emailed them as I was considering getting the Ultimate+ upgrade kit if I could use the new elastomers. It was at that time I was informed they would soon be releasing a dedicated upgrade kit for sprints. Great support over there, also if @Enzo Fazzi is online he may be able to answer your question.

I am using the softer elastomers that came with my Sprints (2020).
Will I notice a significant difference if I got the new ones?
I was also using the original elastomers in a soft config, I personally notice a difference and it's actually more comfortable for me to use higher brake settings with similar effort. Which in itself helps because it aid's in trail braking. I would highly recommend trying them out. The kit is only 20 euro.

• Deleted member 197115

No, unfortunately, I've been checking it myself

The Elastomer Kit is not compatible with the following products:

• (Classic) Sim Pedals Ultimate (eg. non-plus version): The inner diameter on these elastomers do not match the brake rod diameter on the classic Sim Pedals Ultimate. This kit also does not include the required black discs and spacers, damage to the elastomer will occur if you use the original metal discs. If you want to upgrade your classic Sim Pedals Ultimate, please see the Sim Pedals Ultimate Upgrade Kit.
  • Sim Pedals Pro: This kit is not designed to be compatible with the Sim Pedals Pro. Required hardware to install the Elastomer kit is supplied with the Sim Pedals Sprint only.

I've been thinking the brake feel needed some work but was too lazy to play with the original elastomers. Had no idea about this kit, so just wanted to say thanks for the thread!

Feels to me ... promising. Liking the more progressive feel but I need to go for a harder setup than what I had before, I think.

Cheers!

I've been thinking the brake feel needed some work but was too lazy to play with the original elastomers. Had no idea about this kit, so just wanted to say thanks for the thread!

Feels to me ... promising. Liking the more progressive feel but I need to go for a harder setup than what I had before, I think.

Cheers!
I also ended up going harder than the original elastomers. But in the end I found this a better result.

Latest News

How are you going to watch 24 hours of Le Mans

• On national tv

Votes: 276 34.4%
  • Eurosport app/website

Votes: 223 27.8%
  • WEC app/website

Votes: 149 18.6%
  • Watch party

Votes: 66 8.2%
  • At a friends house

Votes: 19 2.4%