New Performance Toolkit to VR

Guys, found this new version of Fholger perfkit at iracing forums, tried it with iracing and it worked like a charm really! I'm now talking it with:

Fixed foveated rendering on and previous nis/amdfidelity off.

Tried it with assetto corsa, can manage to get the nis/amdfidelity to work, but cannot get the Fixed foveated rendering to work only.
Guys, really this is something good for vr, example in iracing i got -30% gpu usage and didn't really notice anything downgrading in image quality.

Here is the link:

there is also threads on reddits, check them out also.

Feel free to talk!

Teussi

Answering to myself (and others)
Got answer from CSP discord: "FFR does not work with AC as it uses a forward renderer"
So no help with this amazing feature in assetto. Gotta try upscaling again if i can handle the aliasing

Stumbled a few times over this last weeks, so does it work with AC? Do we get more performance?
I hope someone shares more of their experience... :thumbsup:

Last edited:
If you cannot see a degradation in image quality when using AMD fidelity, you should go to an eye doctor. I have never tried foveated rendering though. How many extra fps do you obtain?

If you cannot see a degradation in image quality when using AMD fidelity, you should go to an eye doctor. I have never tried foveated rendering though. How many extra fps do you obtain?
Depends how large a radius you use. Something like 1.5 - 2.5ms frametime is saved using default settings on my machine. When you consider the entire frame is 9-10ms during the heaviest parts of a race thats very significant. Lets me pump up the settings. Can easily run 200% SS in SteamVR and hold 90FPS in all but the heaviest of car/tracks combos with nice shader and CSP settings.

There is one thing I have since noticed in my peripheral vision that is an image degredation though. I hadn't noticed before because I didn't have them enabled at that time but if you use godrays, there are certain angles that the sun shafts can look very blocky towards the edges of the screen. A very clearly delineated circle where the full res inner part meets the half res area. Turning them off as a workaround for now but will play with quality settings later to see if I can get it to be imperceptable.

Last edited:
Depends how large a radius you use. Something like 1.5 - 2.5ms frametime is saved using default settings on my machine. When you consider the entire frame is 9-10ms during the heaviest parts of a race thats very significant. Lets me pump up the settings.

There is one thing I have since noticed in my peripheral vision that is an image degredation though. I hadn't noticed before because I didn't have them enabled at that time but if you use godrays, there are certain angles that the sun shafts can look very blocky towards the edges of the screen. A very clearly delineated circle. Turning them off as a workaround for now but will play with quality settings later to see if I can get it to be imperceptable.
Thinking of the wrong game. Ignore me..

Last edited:
It's not just godrays that I noticed. I just started using OpenXR and I've been VR only since like 2017 so all of this is new to me.

The people in the stands and some builds are not shown on the very outer ring which threw me off at first. I have to play with the settings I guess and see what I can change.
I tend not to use the outer ring at all, and have that at max radius so it has no effect. Could be that the OpenXR implementation is a bit different to the one I'm using though.

I'm also on a Valve Index so the peripheral stuff is less 'in your face' than on a G2 for example.

Last edited:
I tend not to use the outer ring at all, and have that at max radius so it has no effect. Could be that the OpenXR implementation is a bit different to the one I'm using though.

I'm also on a Valve Index so the peripheral stuff is less 'in your face' than on a G2 for example.
Sorry I was thinking of the wrong game. AC works pretty well with OpenXR for me at least. My comment was for AMS2 and in the wrong forum. So please ignore me :)

If have CM, Isn’t better to use this piece of Fholgers software https://github.com/fholger/openvr_foveated
As the rest of FHolgers performance tools are already available in CM and to avoid conflicts.
  • Upscaling techniques (render at lower resolution and upscale to target resolution)
    • AMD FidelityFX Super Resolution
    • NVIDIA Image Scaling
    • AMD Contrast Adaptive Sharpening
just a question?

edit: were to put the FHolger file into, is it Assetto corsa/System/X64 folder????

Last edited:

Latest News

How are you going to watch 24 hours of Le Mans

• On national tv

Votes: 301 34.8%
  • Eurosport app/website

Votes: 243 28.1%
  • WEC app/website

Votes: 161 18.6%
  • Watch party

Votes: 67 7.7%
  • At a friends house