New to Ractor2 - how to join multiplayer session

Hi, I bought RF2 a couple of days ago and have been having a great time with the AI with the new GT3 pack. I have never raced this game before and had come up against a problem with how to get into a multiplayer race online. I have have hundreds of hours in MP with PCars 2, Raceroom and AC but with RF2 it seems a bit harder. I have tried several times but just keep coming up against error messages about missing this and thatpackage or element. Not having a password to get onto a server is fine but unless I am missing something obvious how are you supposed to know exactly what cars/packs are racing on a particular server or what track (or even what track version specifically) so you can make sure you have all the right bits to join. The server list just doesn't seem very specific to me in those respects. Any help would be great as I can't seem to find a guide to anything other than setting up a server for a race. Thanks!

Hey there - if you're a casual public gamer then RF2 online is a ghost town always has been.

The errors you receive is a mismatch in either your content Vs what the server is running or said server does not host the content.

Any servers you may be lucky enough to join will probably be full of AI IME!!

Hopefully the new UI will fix this @Marcel Offermans or maybe S397 can you setup a 24h server including the GTE/GT3 classes so us casual gamers are not limited to AI races only?

The other choice in the interim is to join up with a league or races hosted by RD if you have the premium sub.

Adding to this old thread....
Is there any particular reason why every time RF2 is started, you have to go back and select the four boxes (Same version, Has players, Is public, etc...) in multiplayer?
It is a bit of an annoyance.
You should just be able to select this and forget it.
I still see with all the good updates having been released, that dust 'kick-up' is still not fixed.
I'm starting to believe this will never get done...ever.
Great looking car exteriors, nice looking environment, smooth fps....and 'cotton-ball' dust and smoke every time you drop a wheel off circuit.
Come on man!...S397 can certainly do better.
This is a file change that covers ALL released circuits.
Why has this not been addressed after all these years?

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 494 68.7%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 303 42.1%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 327 45.5%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 157 21.8%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 195 27.1%
Back