Resource icon

Skins Nissan GT-R GT500 2003 1.2

Login or Register an account to download this content

Doug62

Premium
Doug62 submitted a new resource:

Nissan GT-R GT500 2003 - chivas_nissan_bnr34_jgtc_gt500_03

A car set of three liveries for the 2003 season of the JGTC series.
Plus a bonus car.
These are for the chivas_nissan_bnr34_jgtc_gt500_03 mod you can find http://chivas-autoart.***********/home You may also be interested in visiting https://www.racedepartment.com/threads/super-gt-central-chivas-autoart.147889/ for more upcoming JGTC, Super GT content.

WARNING! These will overwrite the originals....

Read more about this resource...

Great looking skins indeed.

@Doug62 what in case if I want a 2K textures (from current 4K)?
When I save dds files it always creates a white alpha channel, so skins are black. How do I have to save dds files correctly? Using mipmaps as well?

Some video:

Last edited:
The templates don't need a alpha channel at all. But the way AC works a white Alpha = solid when black = 100% transparency. So it's a little confusing as to why the car looks how it dose.
There is a texture in the cars folder named Map_xxx This texture controls the shine on the car. You need the one in the cars folder. The one that's in the kn5 file (Default) will make the car look as it dose in your pic.

Open the DDS, resized to 2048 and save. It should just save as it is.

Doug62 updated Nissan GT-R GT500 2003 with a new update entry:

Nissan GT-R GT500 2003 Update 1.1

Update:
This is to update the Kn5 file for visual texture updates. This change has removed 12 to 14 textures before multiply several times in the teams folders. This has allow me to add the crew suits and pit box textures.

No naming has been changed so there will be no online issues with none updated versions.

A car set of three liveries for the 2003 season of the JGTC series.
These are for the chivas_nissan_bnr34_jgtc_gt500_03 mod you can find...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Now this could be seen as a nitpick for how well all of these are done, but could you change the number for the Loctite livery? I've checked that the Loctite Zexel livery was used in 2000 for the #1 car alongside the Castrol Hiroto #2 (But the mod livery has Loctite as #2).

Anyways I want to give a big thank you for making these liverys for the GT-R, it's nice to see these in AC

Now this could be seen as a nitpick for how well all of these are done, but could you change the number for the Loctite livery? I've checked that the Loctite Zexel livery was used in 2000 for the #1 car alongside the Castrol Hiroto #2 (But the mod livery has Loctite as #2).

Anyways I want to give a big thank you for making these liverys for the GT-R, it's nice to see these in AC
Yeah, I realize the number should be #1. All ref points to that but normally the #1 is allocated to the team that won the last years championship. These are really fictional as their not in a championship as such and their not on the correct car model (year). I don't like using the #1 on any liveries unless it's a reproduction of a complete season with the correct car/s. We do have the Supra also but it's the 2005 model and the physic that the modder has used for it makes it faster and more grippy than this Skyline so we can't race them together. The Supra will whip the Skyline every time. It's a shame but that's the way it is.

But in saying that, the Supra also has liveries that carry the #1.

Latest News

What brands would you like to see with more engagement in simracing?

• Ferrari

Votes: 278 36.8%
  • Porsche

Votes: 288 38.1%
  • BMW

Votes: 271 35.9%
  • McLaren

Votes: 176 23.3%
  • Toyota

Votes: 283 37.5%
  • Intel

Votes: 94 12.5%