no leaderboard conection

people should only go to the official forum for support, I don't know why people open threads here, it should be noticed by the admins, it makes no sense, all the answers to current bugs and workarounds are on the official support forum.

I know some people don't know it but it should be something admins (@Paul Jeffrey or whoever) should tell everybody.
make some sticky post.
devs won't look here, at least so often, they still read the this forum but at this stage they are focused on their forum solving stuff

Last edited:
I had to open up port 809 on my firewall for the leaderboard to work (along with all of the other ports associated with Steam).

Here are the ports I have open for ACC/Steam (I do this for both udp/tcp):
27000-27037

Hope that helps.
J. Haynes

I had to open up port 809 on my firewall for the leaderboard to work (along with all of the other ports associated with Steam).

Here are the ports I have open for ACC/Steam (I do this for both udp/tcp):
27000-27037

Hope that helps.
J. Haynes

UH STOP.
You are suggesting absolutely dangerous and unnecessary stuff here. Acc only uses an outgoing TCP connection, which a usual home setup will allow anyways. Idk what your precise situation is, but ACC only needs the 809 port.

But when you say "firewall" and "port" many people will blindly apply port forwardings in their router (just like for selfhosted MP), which it very dangerous and doesn't even change a thing.

So yes, if you have some kind of personal firewall that blocks outgoing traffic via popup - yes.
If you are playing in a high security business environment - yes.
If you don't really know what all of this means, do not edit firewalls at all. If something doesn't work, come to the official support forum and contact us there.

Wow. What a sad over reaction to a simple suggestion. It is just an outgoing port I opened up on my internal firewall and not my external router. Maybe you should ask for a clarification before jumping to broad conclusion about a basic suggestion.

Wow. What a sad over reaction to a simple suggestion. It is just an outgoing port I opened up on my internal firewall and not my external router. Maybe you should ask for a clarification before jumping to broad conclusion about a basic suggestion.

I'm not reacting to what you did, but what people may read (and what they might do, following your suggestion). I'm pretty sure you know what you do, but that doesn't mean this won't lead other people forwarding ports to their PCs.

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 437 69.6%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 272 43.3%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 290 46.2%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 128 20.4%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 169 26.9%
Back