(OBSOLETE)F1 22 Fixed AI acceleration on straights

Misc (OBSOLETE)F1 22 Fixed AI acceleration on straights Update 7

Login or Register an account to download this content
Hi guys i have a question: Do you guys fast forward the quali between going out to do your laps or do you just wait? Bc ai times are simulated with their old traction when fast forwarding.
I know it's not exactly what you asked, but for these kinds of reasons and others I finally just gave up on anything but one shot qualifying. I finally realized all that time and effort I was spending to maybe start on medium tires was stupid. And now it doesn't even matter this season.

hallo strongestfish...
I managed to copy all the car files from F1 2020 to the game F1 22
(you just have to put <TyrePhysicsGroup value="2022" /> in each car file
<Is2022 value="true" />....in <TyrePhysicsGroup value="2017" />
<Is2022 value="false" /> and the tires from F1 2020 will also fit ).
The AI is no longer too aggressive, the handling and the fun of playing are back like F1 2020. But then there is a problem, the AI understeers in large curves and ONLY in Imola the game freezes during the reflash. do you have an idea why that is?
i also found that if i in the original tire file
Change <TemperatureGrip numVertices="21"> to <TemperatureGrip numVertices="18">, the AI is also not aggressive anymore, you can catch her and she makes room in the turns.
sorry about the english...it was written with google translator.

hallo strongestfish...
I managed to copy all the car files from F1 2020 to the game F1 22
(you just have to put <TyrePhysicsGroup value="2022" /> in each car file
<Is2022 value="true" />....in <TyrePhysicsGroup value="2017" />
<Is2022 value="false" /> and the tires from F1 2020 will also fit ).
The AI is no longer too aggressive, the handling and the fun of playing are back like F1 2020. But then there is a problem, the AI understeers in large curves and ONLY in Imola the game freezes during the reflash. do you have an idea why that is?
i also found that if i in the original tire file
Change <TemperatureGrip numVertices="21"> to <TemperatureGrip numVertices="18">, the AI is also not aggressive anymore, you can catch her and she makes room in the turns.
sorry about the english...it was written with google translator.
No idea, but I like the aggressiveness of AI by default.

I looked at the XML files from update 1.05 and 1.06, which the performance patch came with. And I noticed, in the case of Ferrari, that Codi only changed the engine data (RevsPowerSpline). But not the Aero. Which has more to do with the throttle response of the engine. Which Codi has also adapted. With patch 1.07 to 1.09.
Or has the Performance Patch 1.06 changed something else that I'm overlooking?
I wanted to create XML files with the car performance from patch 1.05, only with the current physics (1.08).

Or has the Performance Patch 1.06 changed something else that I'm overlooking?
Engines, antistall, wear of MGUH and ICE, gearbox, fuel optimal torque. Use Notepad++ with Compare plugin to compare any files like this:
rhhththt.png

Do these values affect the power/performance for cars ? Or were these values changed when Codi adjusted the torque curve. Part of the new handling physics. Torque from the engine builds up more evenly. More grip when accelerating out of corners.

Have you noticed that the upgrade line in the XML for Alpine looks completely different than for any other team.

Do these values affect the power/performance for cars ? Or were these values changed when Codi adjusted the torque curve. Part of the new handling physics. Torque from the engine builds up more evenly. More grip when accelerating out of corners.
It's need to be tested, i didn't so don't know.
Have you noticed that the upgrade line in the XML for Alpine looks completely different than for any other team.
Not noticed

I noticed what you were using to limit ai speed "MaxBaulkTorqueAi" is gone in the new updates. But I still would like to slow them down just a tad more in the straits. Is there a line of code the is the new "MaxBaulkTorqueAi" equivalent that only impacts AI? I loved being able to dial the exact number in to match my skill set. Because I close in so fast in the corners, but still struggle a bit in the straits.

I noticed what you were using to limit ai speed "MaxBaulkTorqueAi" is gone in the new updates. But I still would like to slow them down just a tad more in the straits. Is there a line of code the is the new "MaxBaulkTorqueAi" equivalent that only impacts AI? I loved being able to dial the exact number in to match my skill set. Because I close in so fast in the corners, but still struggle a bit in the straits.
There is no more lines for AI except tyre slipping, so we can't do anything.

I had installed Slowest via copypaste; now if i want to change it to Slow, should I uninstall the mod and then paste Slow, or can I just paste directly? Great mod by the way!

the ai is absolutely not fixed. I have raced again after a break and the cars still streak away from you. Also the race always splits into two sections very quickly. Thus its impossible to cqatch up with the leading pack. This problem has been with the game for as long as I can remember. I have just raced around for 4 laps ( i have 5 lap races) for no particular purpose. The only way to shorten this gap is to reduce the difficulty. Then I win too too easy and that is boring too.
This game would be brilliant but the ai is still broken and totally unrealistic. Its better on ps5 but still broken. Just not as broken.
Is there any way to actually make the ai remotely realistic?
I understand that the ai and scripts will be hard coded but is there any way to even make the racing more balanced.
Thanks

the ai is absolutely not fixed. I have raced again after a break and the cars still streak away from you. Also the race always splits into two sections very quickly. Thus its impossible to cqatch up with the leading pack. This problem has been with the game for as long as I can remember. I have just raced around for 4 laps ( i have 5 lap races) for no particular purpose. The only way to shorten this gap is to reduce the difficulty. Then I win too too easy and that is boring too.
This game would be brilliant but the ai is still broken and totally unrealistic. Its better on ps5 but still broken. Just not as broken.
Is there any way to actually make the ai remotely realistic?
I understand that the ai and scripts will be hard coded but is there any way to even make the racing more balanced.
Thanks
hi mate
did you try different team ?
I mean you can't expect to catch lead pack with a Williams

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 530 68.6%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 329 42.6%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 351 45.4%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 175 22.6%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 206 26.6%
Back