Status
Not open for further replies.
There are online qualifiers
Which are only a mean of selecting another 12 drivers who have to attend the on-site event at the real track to race. Should one qualify but not be able to travel to the track, they won't be able to race anyway which effectively restricts this series to locals and people with enough money to travel. (same as Raceroom's series with a finale in Germany but several online rounds before)

Maybe the game will be ready in april for singel monitor systems, but without triple screen support and this ugly vr support, acc will not win any plant pot! I think this announcement will put a lot of pressure on kunos and will show us in two weeks how fare the development is away from usefull userbility of acc! Good luck!

Last edited:
If i’m reading this right...

Three classes of driver will be allowed to take part.

PRO : These are professional "real world" drivers as well as celebrities (whatever that means!)

SILVER : This is "us". Register at the website. And get lapping. However 12 slots is not a lot for the hundreds that will try and make it on the leaderboard.

AM : 12 drivers who set hot lap times at the events themselves.

An interesting concept but the limit is quite low. Shame they can’t just have a Pro server, Am server, etc. Ho Hum.

It's not an online race, it's an on-site knockout tournament. Only those who are serious about e-sport simracing will attend and be able to travel (PRO). There's no point at registering to the website trying to get a laptime, if you can't participate at the on-site events (SILVER). If you live in the area at the event and haven't qualified online or get invited as a PRO, you can go on to the event and register (AM) to try your luck.
Only the 12 best PRO, 12 best SILVER and 12 best AM will be able to race the semi-finals. There's 12 stations available at the events. The finals will be the 4 best PRO, 4 best SILVER and 4 best AM, racing against each other (12 on grid).
E-sport doesn't mean online-sport.

Seems like a "hotlapping 'til death" event, where Mr. Average has no chance at all. I have no problem with that, but it will be just another "Aliens vs. Celebs" eSport-Event.

And why only 12 drivers per class/grid? :confused:

With regards to the #nomoneynotravel questions, give this a serious read https://www.racedepartment.com/thre...an-i-travel-to-an-onsite-esport-event.166638/

That's a very cool writeup. It reminds me on this:
https://davidperel.net/become-a-racing-driver/

In a way it's similar, though the financial requirements to go the esports path are the same except for a few hundred thousands you need to bring for your seats in real cars :D
But the story is the same, pure talent is not enough; organisation, commitment and creativity is required to get somewhere. Still especially the Silver path is a very low-effort start.

We don't know yet where the path ends for the Top3 (or other participants), but it could be a good practice to move on to the next level (and read David's text again in the end of the year :D )

That's a very cool writeup. It reminds me on this:
https://davidperel.net/become-a-racing-driver/

In a way it's similar, though the financial requirements to go the esports path are the same except for a few hundred thousands you need to bring for your seats in real cars :D
But the story is the same, pure talent is not enough; organisation, commitment and creativity is required to get somewhere. Still especially the Silver path is a very low-effort start.

We don't know yet where the path ends for the Top3 (or other participants), but it could be a good practice to move on to the next level (and read David's text again in the end of the year :D )
"But the story is the same, pure talent is not enough; organisation, commitment and creativity is required to get somewhere."

mod-edit: for the state of the game or development related issues feel free to open a constructive thread here https://www.racedepartment.com/forums/assetto-corsa-competizione.383/

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 83 29.4%
  • More leagues

Votes: 57 20.2%
  • Prizes

Votes: 60 21.3%
  • Trophies