Old car forum posts (merged)

I reckon its probably shocking, but I'd still rather have one than a moped any day, so it probably does have a market when they release here in a couple of years. I figure its also quite possible they might do a model with a slightly bigger engine, 1L maybe.

• Kyle Evers

33bhp won't even allow you to keep speed with the other cars when they are at half throttle lol.

33bhp can be enough, just think about Trabant. It can keep to 90km/h easily which is the normal road speed limit here, and it only has 26bhp.
This car's top speed isn't that good though, 70km/h is only good for city ride, but it can still do the 50km/h speed limit easy I think. And if I look at that car I wouldn't risk going faster than 70 anyways:D
Since I live in a village that car wouldn't be good for me, as I need to get into the city somehow. But the main problem I have with this car, khm, 5l on 100km, think about Chevy Spark, it eats the same ammount of fuel and has 51bhp, and that can run 90km/h so it could be good for me too:) I've also seen some Opels around 70bhp eating that much fuel only!
OK this car is very cheap, but what about buying used cars? That's the same price:)

OK this car is very cheap, but what about buying used cars? That's the same price:)

Road tax would be a factor in that one, as well as higher insurance premiums. The initail outlay may be the same but the ongoing costs are likely to be higher. No MOT for the first 3 years with a new car either, and maintanence cost would also be lower.

Got to agree though this isn't a car for doing long trips in. I bet its not very comfortable either.

Well I think it's easier to crash in this car at 50 than in a normal road car at 100:)

LOL this reminded me at the first test of the Mercedes A class. That car first failed against a Trabant:D They went through a slalom course at 60km/h and the Merc turned over. (oh and the Trabi could do that course at 80 too without any problem)

Carmakers face big deadline

General Motors and Chrysler have about a week before they find out if they'll get additional help from taxpayers, creditors and unions to avoid bankruptcy. CNNMoney reports the two companies face a March 31 deadline to win concessions from bondholders and unions to prove to the Treasury Department they can be viable in the long term.
Source: cnn.com

To be honest i don't mind them going into bankruptcy. The automotive industry has had warnings for years that they need to change their way of thinking and acting. Environmental changes should have forced them to produce better and invest in cleaner technologies, that takes too much time.
Instead in the US they try to live up to the American Dream by producing ridiculous oversized cars and engines while the rest of the world drives a smaller size cars with modern technologies.
In the end this crisis maybe the final step towards the new greener era.

• Andrew Dawes

I love cars but i agree with you Bram. They will cry poor until they are told to put up or shut up. They may go bankrupt but someone will buy their infrastructure and run a perfectly good company in its place.

• Andrew Dawes

Given the cost of taxes, insurance and rego, the cost savings simply are pretty irrelevant compared to a decent toyota or equiv.

Let me guess, in producing the cheapest car they got rid of the designers, engineers and the R&D budget first. By that logic, i could just well be the cheapest surgeon in the world....didn't waste all that money earning a degree so i can charge less.

Am in the only one who believes that there is value in craftmanship, design, form and function or is that just 19th century thinking. 21st century is how do i make the cheapest product.

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 514 68.6%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 317 42.3%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 337 45.0%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 167 22.3%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 201 26.8%
Back