F1 2010 Old F1 2010 modding threads (merged)

F1 2010 The Game (Codemasters)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Downloads: A new file has been added by System:

Realistic Onboard Cams

More Close to the real thing
and no more movement at T-cams

67576330572309.jpg

67576300911179.jpg

Very Very Nice,

I like it but when completed, could you make the FOV a little bit higher, just maybe a little... as I would like to see a little more track in front.

Would you be willing to share the lines edited?

I've opened an XML file and edited my FOV, but no movement. I like the movement!

Good Work!

Amazing work man! Please continue the good work with other tracks.
You should provide a "donation" button, I'll certainly click it ;)

Just one question: is there any way to make the shadows less "black"? They seem to be extremely dark (Monaco for example).

EDIT:
I'm getting crash when running wet in Bahrain (yeah, I know this would probably never happen in real life, but in the game, it does rain in the desert). Anyone experiencing this problems? Didn't tested with other tracks though.
Comparing the original lighting.xml with the mod one, seems that some bytes have shifted, shifting a huge block with them (pic, coloured bytes are the ones that doesn't match with the other file). Is that right?

Best regards,
Fergo

2 pics from Barcelona using this mod.

It still looks a bit too much as if it was early in the morning (sun direction, long shadows)
And maybe a little bit too much contrast.

Looking forward to the next update.

Yes. The main problem with Catalunya circuit is that it has baked shadows of a grand stand at start/finish straight, so even if you change a sun's direction, the baked shadow remains at its old place, and as a result you have two shadows which is not very good :redface: that is why I've decided to leave a sun's direction in Catalunya as it is, until we can solve this problem. Btw in Monaco there is a same problem, it is less noticable but looks buggy too. I've mentioned those bugs in readme. Hope we can do better in future.

Amazing work man! Please continue the good work with other tracks.
You should provide a "donation" button, I'll certainly click it ;)

Just one question: is there any way to make the shadows less "black"? They seem to be extremely dark (Monaco for example).

Best regards,
Fergo

Yes. It is "shadow_strength" parameter. Currently it is set to 1.000, you can try to lower it a bit with a free hex editor.

• ARC Russell

I want to try this, but I,m not sure which file to overwrite, please a little more detailed info would help me. cheers for these great mods.

Hi shurik, I've edited my post above with some new information.

Regards,
Fergo

Regarding wet weather game crash, I've tested modified lighting.xml and effects.xml in heavy and light rain in bahrain but hadn't any game crash. Maybe you've already changed something in that files?

Regarding differences in files. I've found out that even default "effects.xml" files are different from track to track. For example, one of them has "max_colorbrightess"value the other one - has not. So I've choosen one file (where max-color is present) as a reference and modified it for each track (copy/replace) but didn't modify all the default files. I think that there is no reason to compare files with a defaults, mine are working, but maybe I am wrong, cos I am not a programmer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How are you going to watch 24 hours of Le Mans

• On national tv

Votes: 292 34.6%
  • Eurosport app/website

Votes: 238 28.2%
  • WEC app/website

Votes: 155 18.4%
  • Watch party

Votes: 67 7.9%