Old Skin Thread (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here was my entry for the Skin Competition " Alcohol". Unfortunately I missed the poll deadline :)

Download Here

stella-skin.jpg

Hmm, I removed the "banner" layer from both the regular and also the "Alpha" layers, but when I click on "channels" and select "alpha 1" I notice the banner is still there... how exactly do I remove it or make it fully transparent in the alpha channel?

Thanks heaps for the help!

Woo! Finally figured it out, thanks guys!

My problem was needing to have both the correct layer and channel selected when painting out the banner. I kept having either the wrong layer selected or the wrong channel :p It still takes a bit of playing about for me to figure out exactly which layer the banner is located in, but I managed to get rid of the banner in a few cars, so thanks for the help.

I find it so more enjoyable driving without those banners obstructing my view. I know its realistic and all that, but given my vision is already limited by virtue of the fact I'm watching it on a 22" monitor, it seems counter productive to obscure it further with a banner ad. It just bugged me how the screen is so big yet I'm looking at the road through a tiny little slit :p

I actually found it easier to work in GIMP rather than CS4, but GTR doesn't seem to like DDS files compressed to DXT5 in GIMP. Shame, because I only have a 30 day trial of CS4 but GIMP is free.

Cheers!

• Ariff Roose

i tried to make a porsche but to no avail. i tired the internet and nothing to be found. the normal orange thing appears and im quite pissed at it XD.
ill show you my .car files.
------------------------------------------
include=..\997RSR.inccar

GenString=411

Number=08051
Team="Marlboro porsche"
PitGroup="997RSR"
Driver="Ariff Roose"

ComparativeTime=104
----------------------------------------------
are e supposed to put a dds file thing?:alien2:

• Andrew Evans

submissions getting woeful... please read the early posts to ensure you've got the correctly formatted files....

neil - body too big
richard - body too small
tim - internal windows too big

i'll be doing the next version in about an hour, if any of you want to fix yer problemos....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 2 4.8%
  • Monthly

Votes: 2 4.8%
  • Yearly

Votes: 4 9.5%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Monthly at lan events

• Yearly at lan events